October 2013 Weddings

Creative fonts for addressing invites

I was toying with the idea of having them handwritten in calligraphy. I think it is ultimately going to be easier (and cheaper) to print them out, envelope by envelope. (I was also thinking of doing the calligraphy myself, but don't know if I want to be bothered.)

I've now come up with an idea of having a really, really fancy font for the names, and then an engraved (all caps?) look for the address.
For the zip. I would like the pretty font again, but with dots between each number.

What font has dashes that are portrayed as a dot? 

I'll show what I have so far in a response to this post. Thanks in advance!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
image95 No
image0 Unknown

Re: Creative fonts for addressing invites

• edited June 2013
    So here's what I'm thinking:

The script font is "Some Weatz" at DaFont.com (Free for personal use)

The caps is a font just on my computer - I'm not in love with that (I want to try to find the one used on my invites, but am too lazy to look at the moment)
    Pay no mind to the fact that the font size changes with the "city name, New Jersey." Just playing around in photoshop...

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• I think that looks good as is! Though I do have a font crush on my invite fancy font - it's 'Belluccia'
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• I didn't do the names in a fancy font for our envelopes, I wanted them to be simple - plus I'm addressing them "weird" so the fancy script wouldn't have fit.

This is the inspiration for them, although the spacing/font/line is different on mine. image

• What, no love for Times New Roman?

Wingdings?  ;)

I'm kidding!

Seriously, I love the fancy fonts, and I love the simple and elegant lines of yours lplions! 

You women have your shit together, that's for sure!
  • @shaylagirl I probably would have been offended if you had suggested comic sans or papyrus.... wingdings, I can handle. Those other two? notsomuch. I had a fair number of graphic design classes throughout college and those two.... I've developed a hatred for them.
  • This is the "main" font I've used on all of our paper so far (invites, envelopes, rsvps, etc. Will be the font on the programs too) http://www.dafont.com/walkway.font

And our "accent" font (for our names on the invites, and a few other things that I'm printing) 

• I used Palace Script MT for our addresses
    It looks like this
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • @mochietoe - Can't see it :( My browser doesn't have that font, so it just looks like Times New Roman to me.  

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• edited June 2013
    @SewInLoveWithDMB I took a screen capture - I couldn't see it at home (it was TNR for me there too) but it works on this computer.

• Pretty!

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• *laugh*  I couldn't help it @lplions:)

At work, EVERYTHING is Times New Roman, 12pt font (unless it's a header, then it's 10pt, bold).

I get bored.

Just ONCE I want to issue an order in some wacky font.

ONCE!!!
  • *laugh*  I couldn't help it @lplions:)

At work, EVERYTHING is Times New Roman, 12pt font (unless it's a header, then it's 10pt, bold).

I get bored.

ONCE!!!
    Do it in Curlz.
  • Okay wait, it's acceptable to use your printer to address the invite envelopes?????  I was just about to start on this task, with my okay printing abilities, when I read this post!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • In my opinion?Yes. 

Is handwritten better? Yes. 

People get pissy over labels, although I wouldn't be offended if I received a wedding invite with a pre-printed label.

I have nice handwriting (basic calligraphy), but I think printing is the way to go for me.

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• It's "more Emily/Martha appropriate" than labels.
  • lplions said:
    *laugh*  I couldn't help it @lplions:)

I get bored.

ONCE!!!
    Do it in Curlz.

COMIC SAAAAANS!!!
    http://wonder-tonic.com/geocitiesizer/

Please tell me others made websites like these and that it wasn't just me.... (For shame, 12-13 yr old me. For. Shame.)
  • @mochietoe - Can't see it :( My browser doesn't have that font, so it just looks like Times New Roman to me.  
    @sewinlovewithdmb i hada dumb moment thinking why does that found look so plain then I read your post above..thanks you made my day
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards