Students

Summer Fun? (poll)

What are you guys planning on doing this summer?  Any fun plans?  Tell me:
1. What you are planning on doing?
2. The thing you are most excited to do and why?
3. The thing you are least excited to do and why?
4. Going to any weddings or having your own? 
5. We no longer have mods, how do you feel about that?

Go!  (and yes I know a lot of people aren't here on the weekends but this will carry over into Monday)
"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

Re: Summer Fun? (poll)

• 1. Travel!  And get prepared to move back to Canada permanently. 
    2. Well, I have a two week trip planned with my parents, and a month long trip planned with my FI, and I don't know which I'm looking forward to more.  I'm excited to see my parents . . . but it'll be fun to be with my FI naturally . . .
    3. Trying to get my FI to get out of his comfort zone a bit while we travel. 
    4. Nope!  No one invites me to weddings . . .
    5. I am ambivalent. 

I didn't see this until today, so I'm a bit late on it. 

• 1. Teaching at a summer camp from July till mid Aug.  Other than that, time will be spent wedding planning some more.

2. Teach at the summer camp lol.  Being an art teacher in NY it's hard to find a full time job, so during the school year I don't get to teach art as much as I'd like to.  The summer camp gives me the freedom & opportunity to do some really fun stuff with the kids.  Plus I help the drama & dance teachers put together to end of camp show which is really fun - 2 years ago we did the 7 minute Wizard of Oz which was a blast!

3. I don't know.  Maybe starting research for my thesis lol.  Or not being able to travel & go somewhere this year.

4. Nope.  I will be going to our friend's son's first birthday party which is exciting as they are really good friends of ours and both are in our wedding party.

5. Eh...this is the most active I've been on the boards since joining TK....

Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • 1. What you are planning on doing?
    I'm spending a lot of time working on my lesson plans for the fall (I'm a TA in my grad program). I'm also getting ready to take my comprehensive exams in the fall (scary!) and working on my thesis (stressful!) But I do plan on having fun too! BF and I want to do a lot of hiking and camping and hopefully a good amount of picnics as well :) We love the outdoors!

I'm most excited for our week long camping trip. We mostly just do weekend trips but we always try to get in a week long one. It's not all planned out yet, but last summer's was epic!

Getting ready for comps is pretty boring, but it needs to be done while I don't have much else to do!

Neither.

It seems to be working out alright so far. Hopefully it will continue to do so. My only hope is that if it isn't working the TK Gods will take notice and change it back.

• 1.  I'm taking summer school.  Bleh.  Actually, it should be pretty fun, I'm taking 3 lit classes so those should be a blast, one is British Detective Literature and the other is Fairy Tales and Fables.
    2. We are planning on doing a lot of hiking and camping so I am looking forward to doing that.  I can't wait to get back into the mountains.  
    3. I'm not too excited that I have to go to school.  I'm happy but sad.  
    4. No I don't think so.
    5. I'm sad.  On other boards there are spammers and ya a mod would be good. I'm also a bit prejudice since I was a mod for one week. 
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• @ravenray - Those classes sound really fun! And I wish you lived closer so we could go camping together!

• Aw thanks Beth.  I wish we lived closer too :(  I also wish H didn't have to work this summer so we could take a road trip to you guys! 

Married! May 27th, 2012

• @ravenray Those classes do sound awesome!  I'm really suppressing the urge to get the name of your professors so I can see if they are using textbooks from the publishing company that I work for . . . No, I will not, I'm on break until September . . .

@bethsmiles Hooray for camping!  I'm not doing any good camping trips this year but I will miss it. 

• @Kerbohl which company do you work for?  And which class are you thinking of?  The Psychology one or the English ones? 

Married! May 27th, 2012

• The English ones.  I'll PM you the name of my company - I always get paranoid about telling people where I work on a public forum. 

• 1. What you are planning on doing? My summer class for nursing school, working/baby-sitting as much as possible, and hopefully camping in Assateague with BF during break in August!
    2. The thing you are most excited to do and why? Camping hands-down. I have actually never been camping, but BF loves being outside and I have learned to love it since dating him :P And of course everybody loves the beach and seeing wild ponies, so that means I'm excited!
    3. The thing you are least excited to do and why? Obviously the paper I am procrastinating on right.
    4. Going to any weddings or having your own? No weddings that I know of. My best friend is currently planning hers, so maybe there will be some working on that with her, but it won't actually happen until the spring.
    5. We no longer have mods, how do you feel about that? I am sad about it, but so far it seems to be going OK. But I haven't been on TK for very long, so comparing pre-no-mods to post-no-mods is hard for me.
  • Assateague?  Like the Assateague  Island? OMG I'm so jealous!!!!  I didn't know you could camp with the ponies!  Please take lots of pictures and post them here so I can live through you!  

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Will do, @ravenray! We are hoping to go in August, so I will be sure to AW some pics around then :)
  • So lucky!  Did you grow up with Misty of Chincoteague as well? 

Married! May 27th, 2012

• I think I only read the one book (wasn't there a series? It's been too long), but it was definitely one of my favorites as a kid! Now that I've been down there a couple times, I can tell it's going to be a semi-regular destination; it's such a nice area with awesome history and wildlife.
  • @Amapola14 I second AW some pics of your camping.  I loved Misty!  Such a good book!

• kipnuskipnus member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    1. What you are planning on doing? I'll be the program coordinator for swimming/tennis day camps in July and August.
    2. The thing you are most excited to do and why? I'm super psyched to celebrate our first anniversary this weekend! We're heading out of the city to a little touristy town with a lake.
    3. The thing you are least excited to do and why? I'm stressed about my thesis, especially the lit review. It's super intimidating.
    4. Going to any weddings or having your own? No! Last summer was a busy one for weddings (me, my sister, and friends), but I'm not going to any this month.
    5. We no longer have mods, how do you feel about that? It's sort of annoying. It takes longer to get rid of spammers.
  • 1. What you are planning on doing?
    Working on my dissertation, going home to VA, can't wait and we are buying a vacation home!! Going on a few trips such as Myrtle Beach, King's Dominion, and going take my little guy to the National Zoo and Aquarium 
    I'm mostly excited about going home.I haven't been home in almost a year. I've been so homesick and my family has missed out on so much of my son growing up.
    Packing, ugh!!! Moving across country is no fun at all.

Nope
    It seems a little annoying to me 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards