Wedding Etiquette Forum

Rental car group rate?

Does anyone know if rental car agencies offer group rates? If so, which ones? I was at my hair salon today and an older woman heard me talking about wedding/OOT guests. She claims that there are group rates and "not to let them fool you" (apparently she use to be in the rental car business). Fl only made one call to Hertz (I believe) and was informed that they do not. Now, Im wondering what that lady meant about not being fooled! It would be great to be able to work a discount for our OOT guests. :)

tinkerbell gif photo: Tinkerbell stuck in keyhole animated gif Peterpan2_coince9e.gif

Re: Rental car group rate?

• I've seen group rates and extra discounts for companies and other groups. i.e. because I work for GM I know I can go to a couple of rental places and get a discount.  It might help to first off ask to speak to a manager at the rental place, and also be able to give them a good idea of how many cars your family and friends are likely to rent that might help. 
  • I would recommend hotwire.com for your guests rental cars.  You can pick the level of car and your pick up location (major airport or local place).  You only find out the rental company after you pre-pay for the car, but you will save so much money over standard rates through the car rental agencies' website.  H & I have been renting cars this way for a few years and we have saved a lot!
  • I think if you use a group rate, you have to pay for them. I don't think it's like a hotel block where you can just reserve some.
  • LAM524LAM524 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    Thanks everyone!

@OliveOilsMom...I love hotwire for car rentals. Have rented a few car this way! I didnt think of this for guests! I think I will put this on my wedding site (when I make it)!

@misshart00...thanks for the heads up. Im going to make some calls and check it out!

tinkerbell gif photo: Tinkerbell stuck in keyhole animated gif Peterpan2_coince9e.gif
  • There are group discounts/rates out there. I signed up for a wedding group discount for guests with American Airlines. They sent me a code good for either 5 or 10 percent off (don't really remember right now) to pass on to my guests. They automatically signed me up for a group discount with a car rental company as well. I'm not home right now but I can check once I get home what rental company it was if you're interested.

American Airlines even sent me invitation inserts with all the information (which I won't be using since we put everything on our website) and I didn't have to pay anything.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 123 Invited
    image 96 Are ready to party
    image 27 Will be missing out
    image 0 Are undecided
  • LAM524LAM524 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    linnyv27 said:
    There are group discounts/rates out there. I signed up for a wedding group discount for guests with American Airlines. They sent me a code good for either 5 or 10 percent off (don't really remember right now) to pass on to my guests. They automatically signed me up for a group discount with a car rental company as well. I'm not home right now but I can check once I get home what rental company it was if you're interested. American Airlines even sent me invitation inserts with all the information (which I won't be using since we put everything on our website) and I didn't have to pay anything.
    Thank you I would really appreciate it! :)

• @linnyv27 - I didn't know airlines did that! Great to know as we will have a group flying to our wedding. Thanks for the info!

• @linnyv27 - I didn't know airlines did that! Great to know as we will have a group flying to our wedding. Thanks for the info!
    Yes it's great how many different options there are out there to help lower costs for out of town guests. I just checked the inserts and the "special car rental discounts" are through Avis and Budget. They each come with a group number for guests to use.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 123 Invited
    image 96 Are ready to party
    image 27 Will be missing out
    image 0 Are undecided
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards