Not Engaged Yet

:)

Came across NEY in my favorite links and realized it has been FOREVER since I popped my head in here...how is everyone? :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

Re: :)

• Hey there! 

Where have you been hiding?

• rdr716 said:
    Hey there! 

Have been supremely busy with the doctorate...as long as nothing goes wrong (and stuff ALWAYS goes wrong), I should be done by this time next year. We're also getting ready to start the house-buying process, so it's been crazy.

How are you? Your sig pic is gorgeous!

• laurenb09 said:
    Ummmm hi I missed you!!!
    I missed you too! How are things going?

ps. Your sig pic just made me bust out laughing and start salivating at the same time.

• edited June 2013
    laurenb09 said:
    Science is making me beat my head against a wall.  I've been repeating the same experiment over.and.over.and.over.  Must graduate NAO!  Have you started writing yet?
    I've got a little bit done. Thankfully, the writing part is always the part that comes easy for me. My game plan is to finish my biochem and SEM analysis by August, have my dissertation (save for results and some of the discussion) done by September, comp exams by November/December, and defend next spring. We're trying to time everything with TTC (::fingers crossed::) next year.

• oceana919 said:
    rdr716 said:
    Hey there! 

Have been supremely busy with the doctorate...as long as nothing goes wrong (and stuff ALWAYS goes wrong), I should be done by this time next year. We're also getting ready to start the house-buying process, so it's been crazy.

How are you? Your sig pic is gorgeous!
    Fingers crossed that everything works out with your doctorate AND good luck with house-buying! That's so exciting!

I'm good! Just being an OMH nowadays :) Thank you it's one of my faves from the preview pics we got back!

• @oceana919 - I'm curious, what do you think of the "new" TK and the NEY headline?

• edited June 2013
    rdr716 said:
    @oceana919 - I'm curious, what do you think of the "new" TK and the NEY headline?

I don't mind it thus far...they've had this style format on TN for quite a while, so it wasn't a complete shocker for me to see it when I got here. I do like that it seems more streamlined than in the past.

I did notice the new headline for NEY...less BSC/pre-planny than the previous one, I'll give it that.

I'm honestly more excited by the fact that you can swear now in posts...LOL

• ME TOO! 

I love not having to put *** in the middle of words or add 27 h's to the end of bitch.

• Oceana! So nice to see you 'round these parts. We didn't overlap a lot in posting but you were always one of my favorites. Good luck with the PhD, home-buying, AND TTC plans! I think that I remember that you and I have some shared lady-bits struggles, so I hope that everything in that arena goes smoothly. 

You should definitely come hang out here more often. When you're not being all sciency.

Awww, thank you...I feel so loved. :D Definitely planning on popping my head in here more often now that I'm done with classes and TAing for the term.

And yes, my ladybits are a bunch of cantakerous bitches. But we're doing everything we can (losing weight, eating right, meds, etc.) to give ourselves the best shot possible (no pun intended) when the time comes.

• @LivLeighton Just clicked through to your blog...holy shite! :O I can't believe you'd had so much happen in six months!

• Hi Oceana! Sounds like you have lots going on. I'd say 'not much new here' but the truth is, we had a hell of a year. Got married, had one of our dogs pass away, then moved across country (from AZ to MD). I got a new job (which I love) but just thinking about this year makes me tired. :)

So good to see you back!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited June 2013
    Heyyyyy!  Long time no knot! I need to say I think you should own the "best shot" pun :) 

I'm still slaving away in the lab. I am really hoping to graduate by the end of the calendar year. DH and I are moving to a new apartment in a few weeks, but essentially still the same neighborhood. Other than that it has been pretty even keel and same ol' married life. Not TTC yet. I considered going off BCP but got scared. lol

We've got a big camping trip lined up for Independence day weekend. And I'm going home for a week in July for my mom's 50th, my high school BFF's (Jewish, Thursday night) wedding, and my 10 year high school reunion. So that will be a good month! 
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Sak, I love that! 
  • laurenb09 said:
    Does this mean we're all going to be fancy Dr's next year? 
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9szlgMQgQ1ru1wbho2_250.gifhttp://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9szlgMQgQ1ru1wbho3_250.gifhttp://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9szlgMQgQ1ru1wbho4_250.gif

• HI!

I've been stalking you on FB, but I've missed your face round these parts.  Good luck with the house-buying!
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Well Hello there Oceana..... :)

Though I don't post much at all, I do like reading the threads and I'm happy to see you pop back in here.  You always liven up the scene.  How goes it with the sea inhabitants?
  • edited June 2013
    motoLyn said:
    Well Hello there Oceana..... :)

Though I don't post much at all, I do like reading the threads and I'm happy to see you pop back in here.  You always liven up the scene.  How goes it with the sea inhabitants?

I'm not sure if you're referring to my snark streak or my tendency to blow SoBe all over the boards, but it's good to know I liven things up. :P How is that new pup of yours doing?

ps. It looks like everyone has new blogs around here (myself included)...I think I need to do some catching up!

pps. Holy crap, I am so jealous of your Kitchenaid cubby. ::droooooooooool::

• Hi Oceana! Good luck with the doctorate, house, and TTC! We've been house hunting for about 8 months now and it's been miserable. I hope you have a much better time of it.

Also, I love that pic. I wish I could say, "fuck you, I'm RDJ."
  • You may not remember me but hello!! Glad there is a timeline to you finishing your Phd.   That is a great accomplishment!

New house and now I'm engaged too!

Anniversary

• Yay Oceane!    Good luck with finishing grad school!  That is so exciting and trying to TTC soon! Yay!  Babies!   Fingers crosed.

I've been stalking you on facebook and on your blog :)

I'm good.  Almost done with my year at the new school, it's going good.  I've decided I want to get my PhD in Linguistics (yay) so this summer is devoted to studying for the GRE, finding schools that are good for me and have places for H's job and figuring out a topic for my senior thesis.  It should be super busy but fun!  I'm glad you are back around :) 
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Hello, whore. 

<3

I still pop in here from time to time too. :) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards