Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Venue in Lancaster area?

Hi!! I would love any recommendations from anyone who got married in PA... we are looking at venues in the Lancaster/Philly area; want the ceremony and reception to be outside; we are really trying to keep it to $100 total/person. I'm not sure if this is possible but does anyone have any recommendations? I have been trying to find some alternatives to the sort of "traditional" wedding locations. THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Chelsea

Re: Venue in Lancaster area?

• Options
    We got married at the Cameron Estate Inn-they have outdoor space for the ceremony and cocktail hour, the reception is indoors however.

The Welkinweir might be what you are looking for-it's an arboretum/garden, they reception is in a tent outside. The site fee is on the high side, however the catering options are lower priced, so your pp rate will probably work.

I would definitely make sure you have a backup plan-the weather in PA is extremely unpredictable.
  • Options

We're getting married at the Inn at Leola...highly recommended by a woman I know who got married there).  Also looked at Cameron Estates (just not the right fit but lovely, esp if you want an outdoor ceremony) and the Downtown Lancaster Marriott (FI's choice, frankly just an issue of bad memories for me, some nice bonuses in terms of Marriott points etc). 

The Cork Factory sounded cool but was over my price range...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The Farm at Eagles Ridge
    Landis Valley Museum
    Lauxmont Farms (Cobblestone Courtyard/Japanese Gardens)
    Cameron Estate Inn

• Options
    MicqsMicqs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Landis Valley Museum was absolutely gorgeous!  The staff was very nice and its nicely priced.  We were looking at the Yellow Barn.  It was a toss up between that venue and the one we chose.  The Cameron Estate Inn was also nice but I thought it was a bit cramped looking in the reception room.  Wouldnt have worked with the guest count.  We also looked at Lime Springs Farm.  While it was absolutely beautiful and I would've loved it, a little way too far out of our price range. 

We didnt look at any other places in that area so I cant offer any more suggestions, just thought I would tell you what I thought of the suggested ones we went and saw :)  Good luck!

• Options

Landis Valley is where my DD#2 got married and my son will get married next year!  Great place!

My other suggestion would be White Chimneys in Gap.  Their garden is absolutely beautiful!  You can have everything outdoors, or have the reception in their renovated barn.

• Options
    If you would be willing to consider a unique indoor venue, I highly recommend looking at The Trust Performing Arts Center in downtown Lancaster (formerly the quilt and textile museum). We met with the facility manager last week, and it is an amazing space. They are just starting to get their name out there, so they are willing to negotiate their rental rates. You can save a lot of money by renting a venue and bringing in outside catering - I think your budget would definitely work there. And it's about 2 blocks away from the downtown Marriott, so your guests won't need to drive after the reception.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards