New York-New York City
Options

Russo's on the bay Decor-

Ending our venue search (ugh finally) and it is looking like Russo's on the bay to be booked Sept/Oct/Nov 2014- I love that the reviews are excellent, everyone I say Russo's to always compliments the food & everything about it and plus they just treated us like family which is NOT the feeling from other places. However, although the bridal suite and new lounge are totally renovated, the Renaissance ballroom still looks the same as I remember it to be when I was there for my uncles wedding 13 years ago. It is NOT my favorite ballroom of all the places we went but it is still our number 1 choice. My question to past brides or future brides that changed/are changing décor is- what have you done with that room / plan on doing to it? I know décor can be simply changed with drapes and uplighting, etc. but my issue is that the place is so traditional looking (wood, marble, granite, brown & neutrals) I'm afraid the white drapery is too modern and changes the whole scene of the room and just basically doesn't belong (which yes I am trying to do but I want to stay within their décor as well). I would love to see pictures of how it was/can be changed if anyone can provide any info. Idea of mine possible goldish colored drapes? has anyone seen that anywhere? HELP! I want to LOVE the room and right now as is I don't.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Russo's on the bay Decor-

• Options
    I am having my wedding there... you can chose the lighting they have the up lighting you want and it change through the night if you want.... also you chose the chairs chair covers table settings everything so every event is different... you even get a wedding coordinator to help you along the way... I havent had my wedding there yet but them seem on point and willing to do whatever i want to make it diffrent 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    KM0427KM0427 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    Yes I noticed. We met with Audrey, she gave us all the ins & outs and pretty much told us we can do whatever we want with the room. They're great to work with. I am changing the chairs as I personally am not a fan of chair covers. Once I'm officially booked within the week I will pick their brains. Thanks =)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    no problem good luck to a fellow Russo's Bride
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    KM0427:  Are you renting chairs or they offer chairs that don't need a cover.  I am getting married there in September and am also not a huge fan of chair covers.  If you are renting who are you renting from?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards