New Hampshire
Options

Affordable waterfront venue - does this exist??

JennAnn8JennAnn8 member
First Comment
edited May 2013 in New Hampshire

Hello!

I have been looking for a venue to hold my ceremony & reception for a few months now but haven't found "the one." We'd love to have the venue overlooking a beach or lake. I've been looking at venues all over new england, but southern nh is a big possibility.

I'd prefer to stay away from something traditional or like your normal reception hall or large hotel. We appreciate New England for its charm and it would be a huge bonus if the venue reflects this. We're hoping to have an outdoor ceremony (but a good backup plan in case of rain, since you never know here!) and probably indoor reception. We have a tight budget.. trying to stay around $10,000, so the plates would have to be $75 or under.  Surprised I'm a designer, so I'll be making my invites and decorations with my fun and crafty FMIL to save costs there.
Maybe a nice restaurant or small inn, as they don't seem as likely to include venue costs? We have a lot of family coming from several states so it would be nice to put them in a desirable town for the night. The venues I have been able to afford haven't been in nice areas.

Any suggeestions in southern nh?  Please help :)

Re: Affordable waterfront venue - does this exist??

• Options
    Have you looked at Chase House in Meredith NH?  I got married at Church Landing (across the street from Chase House).  The area is beautiful and there are lots of hotels, restaurants, etc. for your guests.  Both are affiliated and they do an amazing job!  Church Landing is less budget friendly so I don't think you could do it for $10K but Chase House I think would fit in that budget.  They do outdoor ceremonies and do have the best rain backup location I have seen.  We scoped out 14 venues before we found "the one" so all I can say is GOOD LUCK!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Woodbound Inn in Rindge?
  • Options
    bjnoelbjnoel member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2013

We just booked for this October in NH at the Chase House... yup, we are doing this fast! ha! As the above post states, it is much more budget freindly that Church landing. If 10k is your budget from soups to nuts (I mean incuding everything for the wedding) this will be tough. But if 10k is your budget for just the venue portion, you should be able to stay within the budget, depending on your guest count. With Everything on top of the Venue items, that price doubles very fast! Im doing as much as possbile myself, and mine still doubled.

Good Luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards