Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Stickies

The Knot Gods are going to be revising some of the stickies.  I know that stuff like our vendor list are wayyyy out of date -- do we want to try to get some more updated info together and ask KnotPorsha to just make a new sticky?  Obviously stuff like the FAQ should stay, but it might help to have stuff like Stephie's "rustic barn venue" list in a sticky.
Anniversary

Re: Stickies

• courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited June 2013
    I definitely vote for the 'rustic barn venue' thread to be made a sticky. Oh man, the vendor list! I wish I had the time these days to help revise it, because it is in desperate need of a makeover. Maybe at least a compiliation of 'affordable venues' since I feel like we rattle those off a lot.
  • I think as long as one of us makes a post, we can ask KP to stick it, then we could edit it as we see fit.
    Anniversary

• cwaggoner07cwaggoner07 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited June 2013
    Maybe we should have one thread that is nothing but vendor reviews. I would have to go find mine, but that wouldn't be a big deal.

ETA: To keep it clean, no comments or questions, just simply the reviews. The PM system is a lot better, so if someone had a question about a particular vendor they could just PM that person.
  • @stephiehall--do you still have a document with a bunch of vendor reviews? That might be a good starting point if we wanted to have them all in one place. Since there are so few of the OMH's around anymore, I fear that new knotties may not be able to get responses to their PM's if they have specific vendor questions, but you never know :)

• edited June 2013
    That's a good idea, and then the newer girls can add their reviews.  I guess the only issue(s) with that would be that there's a much smaller character limit for posts now, so most of our reviews would have to be cut in half and that it would be a LOT to sort through.

We used to just have a list of the vendors everyone used, and that's what MissAngel used to make the first website.  Maybe instead of full reviews, we just list what we used and what grade we gave.

ETA: And also the year we were married that way girls understand that things might have changed/the user might not be around anymore.
    Anniversary

• I still have the vendor reviews and continue to add to it, although a lot of people have stopped or don't post once their wedding comes and goes.  :(  I also have a BYOB list and the Barns list.  The BYOB has already changed though some since I started it and it's certainly not all-inclusive. 

• Okay, I'm working on adding reception venues to the weebly page.  Does anyone remember if Piazza allows outside catering?
    Anniversary

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2013
    Okay, I'm working on adding reception venues to the weebly page.  Does anyone remember if Piazza allows outside catering?
    It doesn't appear so--all of my reviews talk about the food in their review of the venue and don't list outside caterers.  It's not on my BYOB list.
  • Yeah, that's what I gathered.  I'm working on adding the venues from the list aeliza sent me (which I think is your reviews, Stephie) and then I'll ask for updated info from some of our more recent brides.
    Anniversary

• @stephiehall can you PM me your list of "rustic" venues and possibly your list of BYOB venues?
    Anniversary

• Piazza is definitely not BYOB or own catering. Hope that helps :)
    Also- they are strict on time and have multiple events in a day (but not at the same time, minus setup and usage of the bride's room). 

I think we should definitely get a new "review" list going for all the new girls to list their vendors and reviews again. I think the last time that spreadsheet I sent was updated was well over a year ago. 
  • aeliza06 said:
    Piazza is definitely not BYOB or own catering. Hope that helps :)
    Also- they are strict on time and have multiple events in a day (but not at the same time, minus setup and usage of the bride's room). 

I think we should definitely get a new "review" list going for all the new girls to list their vendors and reviews again. I think the last time that spreadsheet I sent was updated was well over a year ago. 
    I tried this not too terribly long ago but didn't get a ton of response.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards