African American Weddings

OK Ladies...Here it goes (recap and PIP)

MrsBad13MrsBad13 member
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited June 2013 in African American Weddings
Now that hubby has gone back to work and has let me come up for air lol..here ya go

Thursday...
Got my day started, dropped off the kids at school and daycare. Nail appt was 9am. Got done with that then ran to the grocery stores to get the food for the RD and the rest of the candy for the buffet. Got back home around 1. Did MOH, BM and mom nails got done around 530. Ran to go pick up the dresses for me and the girls and take them to my house. Then ran back to the store because I forgot drinks and paper products for RD.(sigh) Finally got back home. Niece and older sister came over to get their nails done and it was after midnight by the time they left. Then I still had to finish up programs and load everything into the car to take to the venue for the next day. Finally got to bed around 3a.

Friday..Rehearsal Day
Prepped food for RD and then ran everything to over venue. Took food to Aunts/Uncle house so Uncle could cook the meat and set up everything. ( we had burgers and hotdogs on the grill, pasta salad, bake beans, fruit with dip, chips, dip and cookies and drink) Then ran to the mall to get last min BP gifts. By now its 3p. Then I forgot table runners, floating candles and tongs for candy buffet..(so im like damn..ugh) so I run home, I ransack thru stuff looking for this stuff. Tore up my closet but finally finds it.  Then go pick up my kids from school. I was late picking them up. (They get out of school at 345 I got to them at 415) Get home so they can change clothes. Step son says "I need my inhaler" so run him to get his inhaler by now its 445..rehearsal starts at 5p. Im like we gon' start late..Thank God I had kept the baby home from day care or we would of been super late. So finally get to the venue. BM was late, I was late and so one of the GMs. So we finally start around 6p. Rehearsal went great ! Everybody paid attention, listened and did what was asked of them. I get teary eyed thinking to myself..this thing is really real. We are really doing a rehearsal for our wedding tomorrow. So we was done about 730. Left and went to the RD. Everybody ate good, passed out gifts and said a thank you we was out. Its about 10p by now. I go home get my last little things (shoes, veil, babys stuff, etc)  Mom picks me up and stayed at her house. Got to her house I finished up kids bouts, my moms corsage, and other little stuff. Packed up the car with dresses, shoes and everything else we needed. In the mist of doing this I discover I lost half the money to pay the DJ. So Im in tears. I call DH and he so cool..he was like babe..its ok. Ill take care of it..dont cry..it will be ok. (Im like see thats why I love him ) I was feeling like crap yall. Finally go to bed about 2 .I txt DH a goodnight message he wakes me up with a txt saying how excited he was. So I was up til about 330 txting him telling him to go to bed lol

Saturday..WEDDING DAY
Im up at 730, shower, eat breakfast and run off to hair appt. Photog came to the salon and did his thang. Hair was done a little earlier than expected. I run to floral shop to pick up bouquet and DH bout. (Here goes the drama)  Clerk says "sorry miss we don't have an order for you, when did you place your order ?" I Instantly got mad. Im like I paid for it already, I placed it 2 weeks ago. Gave them a description of how the flowers are to look. They looked thru their receipts and didnt find nothing. I didnt have my copy on me, it was in folder of all my vendors info which my WP had. So I get in the car and the waterworks kick in. I call mom she like calm down just come home and it will be fine. So I grab mom, and the baby and we run to walmart and grabbed 2 bouquets (Thank God I had some ribbon, some double sided tape, scissors and a glue gun on hand ). So while in the car riding around (mom has an electrical plug in the car)  I picked out the flowers I didnt want, put my bouquet together and made DH bout with a flower out of the bouquet in the car while running around. I have to say the flowers were pretty and vibrant. I was happy with how they turned out (don't sleep on walmart for the last min flowers lol) by now its 115. Go check into the hotel. I was supposed to be there at 1230. It took me almost 45 mins to get checked into my room because the hotel was busy and the insisted I pay for the room before check in instead of check out..What  ?! So DH had to have a GM bring me his cc..thank GOD again it was down the street from the venue where the guys were getting ready at. Finally got into the room now I'm rushing. Photog came and started getting his pics done, I got the baby dress, then started on my makeup. Finally the girls came in. I get into my dress after the corset had to be undo 2 or 3 times because they wasn't lacing it right. its now 230 240, Im trying so hard to stay calm because I see were going to be late.  Mom is upset she tries to pick an argument so again here comes the waterworks.  The girls is finally ready, mom ready and I'm finally ready its now 3p. We dash out the door. I ended up on an elevator by myself with other strangers and got caught up..I missed the floor to get off on.  I finally get to the floor to get off and hopped in the car. Finally made it to the venue at 315. So yes we started late.  I was so upset about it to..

FINALLY..its show time. 345 ceremony starts Its my cue to come out, my song is playing and I see my handsome Man..and everything was wiped away. Im totally focused on him.  Ceremony was beautiful and went by super fast..I mean in a blink of an eye it was over with. 

Recpetion was beautiful, everything came together nicely and my WP did her thang putting it all together for us. There was some little mishaps with the reception in the venue side. Guest started leaving a little early. We were outta there by 9p. So we went and took our night time pics and then retired to the hotel ! Overall It was the best day of my life. I just look at it like things went the way they were supposed too. Ultimately I married my  best friend, the man God made for me and for that I couldn't be more happier !

No real HM to rave about for now we did little stuff like go on a dinner and movie date, went bowling and to dinner with another married couple, got wrapped up inbetween the sheets when the kids were gone (if ya know what I mean) lol ..HM is postpone for a later time.. Now its time to pack it up and head down to the ATL..we will be moving July 13 and I'm excited and cant wait to start our new journey there !!! Here some pics will post the highlight video and pro pics when they come in. 

Re: OK Ladies...Here it goes (recap and PIP)

• RanyattaCaseyRanyattaCasey member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2013

Go head Mrs. bad with your bad self!!!!!!! Love the dress! Sory about what happened with the flowers but it seems it all worked out.  I am happy for you girl!  You looked beautiful.  I see a lot of love in the pictures especially with the ones with the kds in them.  Congrats to you girl! By the way your flowers look really good.

By the way I am moving to Atlanta too on July 2 so we need to get together girl.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow. ..Congrats Congrats Congrats!!!! You looked so pretty. Im happy everything turned out for the best. And by the way the the flowers were gorg. I see nothing but love in your pics. Congrats again! Cant wait for the video
    Mrs. Mosley 2 be
  • Congrats Mrs! Gorgeous and big ups to U for keeping calm. Glad it worked out. Welcome to the other side;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    whew.. now I can breath waiting for this recap..lol First all congrats MRS. and im sorry about the DJ money and I thought it was super cute about the texting each other.. check you out you had all your bout making stuff on hand.. ok Martha Stewart and two thumbs up for doing it in the car.. talent.. and  woo hoo ATL here you come.. thank goodness you got unwrapped for a few to give us the Recap... Congrats MRS. and I am super glad things turned out well in the end

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Congrats everything looked nice! Glad everything worked out for you.
  • MrsBad13 OK FIRST OFF WHEW <wipes forehead after reading all that> LOL.... Anywho, im so gald everything turned out great for you and Lord if that flower lady had told me that they would have needed to Police to get me off ha azz..that was just foolishness Are you going to get that resolved? And secondly Shout Out to DH for the great save on the money for the hotel and DJ i can tell you now my FI would have been cussing up a storm and started my whole day off wrong (YOU MUST HAVE A GREAT MAN! lol) and might i say you looked Beautiful and yes those flowers were sooo pretty and vibrant you surely did your Martha Stewart thang in that car LOL...Congrats again despite the hickups in the day you did marry YOUR MAN and thats all that matters!!! God bless your union with years of love and happiness!!

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Go head Mrs. bad with your bad self!!!!!!! Love the dress! Sory about what happened with the flowers but it seems it all worked out.  I am happy for you girl!  You looked beautiful.  I see a lot of love in the pictures especially with the ones with the kds in them.  Congrats to you girl! By the way your flowers look really good.

By the way I am moving to Atlanta too on July 2 so we need to get together girl.

Thank you girly...yes I would love to have a friend in the ATL..we can form our own little new wives clubs of the ATL..lol We definitely need to pass each others Info...you too @LeciaB..I would love to meet you too !

• Thank you ladies. Yes..I was so happy with how the flowers turnt out from walmart. Yes yall...i was doing my thang in that back seat...I had stuff everywhere in that back seat. lol they still alive right now and looking good still. I went up to the flower shop on Tuesday with my reciept and the lady was there so she remember me and just gave me my money back. So that worked out. Yes..about the money and dj. I found out later that DH called the Best Man and cussed up a storm with him..BM said he was pissed..lol.
    He just didnt go off on me because i was already upset and crying he didn't want to make it worst. He so nice ! Lol
  • pearls687pearls687 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2013
    Congratulations on going from MrsBad to MRSBad and welcome to the other side! I have to say that I love detailed recaps, it's like being there after hanging out all these months of planning, so thanks for that! You worked that thang right on out with the flowers! Everything looked lovely and I am so glad your day was a great one! I've been hanging on til all my girls jumped the broom and I think you almost got it wrapped up! Got missusD1116 and thedivav to go and then I can exit stage left (yeah, right...then what will I do at work? lol). Come on down south, girlie! Congrats again!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • oh WAH!!!! Another G2G without me!!?!? (( bums)) lol.

What!?!?!? that florist lost your info! I would have would've had to have a moment. Cops would've been involved. Did you find your receipt???? that's the first thing i'd do and then i'd be calling up judge judy or joe brown to sue them for emotional damage. I sure hope you get your money back for that. They caused a WHOLE LOT of unnecessary stress! But you worked it out! They were colorful! so.... you just carry ribbon and glue guns with you in the car? LOLZ!! Did all them people who bailed on your shower show up to the wedding? I am so happy everything worked out in the end! You're a beautiful bride!!!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • aww congrats Mrs :) 
    you look beautiful :) 
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • oh WAH!!!! Another G2G without me!!?!? (( bums)) lol.

What!?!?!? that florist lost your info! I would have would've had to have a moment. Cops would've been involved. Did you find your receipt???? that's the first thing i'd do and then i'd be calling up judge judy or joe brown to sue them for emotional damage. I sure hope you get your money back for that. They caused a WHOLE LOT of unnecessary stress! But you worked it out! They were colorful! so.... you just carry ribbon and glue guns with you in the car? LOLZ!! Did all them people who bailed on your shower show up to the wedding? I am so happy everything worked out in the end! You're a beautiful bride!!!

Aww @pearls687..I'm glad I was one of the reason you check in from time to time..thank you hun !

@footballwife76...LMBO..girl..let me tell ya..I was so mad..girl I could of spit fire. I already had my bag with extra stuff for the just in case lol..so happy I did too. Lol I'm ths ribbon queen. Lol. My girls came thru with helping me get ready..I can't complain. Thank you hun !
  • Congratulations Mrs.!!! You looked beautiful!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Awww! Congratulations and welcome to the other side Mrs!!! You look beautiful!  I would definitely write a review on pretty much any site I can find about a horrible thing the florist did. I would not recommend them to anyone.  That's not good business!  But since you all Martha Steward and all, you saved the day! 

Question:  Why was mom trying to start an argument and why was your hubby mad with his Best Man or was he just complaining to him?  Girl, I'm being all nosey, but I gots to know!!!! 

I'm happy everything turned out beautiful for you and hubby. Once again congrats!!!

Cha
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • leatbaleatba member
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    Congratulations MRS!!!!!! I'm glad everything came together for you and you were able to enjoy your day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oo no..Im not recommending them at all..believe that !
    Lol...I understand...Im nosey like that too
    .lol Mom was upset because of how it took so long to get checked into the room and because she was the last one to get dressed. She wanted to do our makeup (she sells Maryk) so she insisted to not hire a MUA and she had 3 girls plus herself to do..so it took awhile to get everybody done..smh

He was mad about me losing the money so he called BM to vent and later at the reception BM told me about it. BM and I had a good laugh about it...I could just imagine his face and how he was saying it too lol
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Congrats Mrs! You looked beautiful!
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Congrats! You looked beautiful. <<waves>> don't forget I'm in Atlanta too when you have your GTG! Lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So glad you had a wonderful day. Beautiful pics !

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Whew! I got tired just reading all of this! @MrsBad13 all of that going on and you still made it down the aisle looking BEAUTIFUL! I agree with pp, those flowers are gorge. I am so glad your day turned out wonderful and thanks for sharing it with us. Congrats!Congrats!Congrats!

The Future Mrs. Douglas Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • So glad things turned out well. Congrats!!!! Wishing you two many years of happiness.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MrsBad13..."I found out later that DH called the Best Man and cussed up a storm with him..BM said he was pissed..lol.
    He just didnt go off on me because i was already upset and crying he didn't want to make it worst. He so nice ! Lol"

This here is the truth he was very nice, that Mr of mine would have been on the phone Latira this is why i told you  blah blah blah, and Latira you see this and that and blah blah blah LOL i would've had to hang up on him LOL....But your hubby did the best thing just calmed you down and vented to his friend LOL ^5 to him!!

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Lol @Latira..girl..we talked about it and he was telling me what he was saying. He had me cracking up ! He was pissed. He was like how in the F@$& did u loose money ? Yea..he was not happy. Lol
  • Congratulations and welcome to the other side!
  • ANGEL!!!! Yay!! I am so glad that your day came together and all worked out in the end. Your bouquet was BEAUTIFUL! Kudos to you for being able to make it in the car! Sorry about you losing the money but um how that happened? Guess it really doesn't matter now. I love the pic with your baby trying to get to you!! You were as beautiful bride congrats again Mrs!!!
  • Congrats MRS!!!! Girl if had not have been FA DA LAWD!!! The flower lady??? Chile cheese!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • @ Casey..girl..you should of seen me with that ribbon and glue gun. Ha ! Thank you hun !

@MissusD...hahaha..girl I so wanted to so bad punch her in the face..lol I had to remember that it was my wedding day and that its a holiday weekend..I don't want to be sittin down at the county til Tuesday lol
  • I know I am late and all... CONGRATS!!!! I am soooo happy for you... I am glad you all thought really quick on your toes and I love the colors in your bouquet...

Very beautiful.. and I am sooo happy for you guys... YAYYY.. MRS!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats! so happy for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards