Christian Weddings

Are you/did you go to church the Sunday after you got married?

edited June 2013 in Christian Weddings
My FH & I have been talking about it and I've seen I think one bride (on my fb) that's said she is going to church with her new-husband after their Saturday wedding before they leave for their honeymoon. What about you?

Are you/did you go to church the Sunday after you got married? 52 votes

Yes
28% 15 votes
No
71% 37 votes

Re: Are you/did you go to church the Sunday after you got married?

• We didn't because we left Friday night after our reception to go on our honeymoon.
  • No we didn't. We had a plane to catch to leave on our HM.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I got married on Sunday, lol.  I did not go to church that morning (originally they were going to insist that I did and I thought they were crazy).  It would have been nice but there just wasn't time. 
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• I'm not 100% sure of our plans, but I think we'll probably just skip church the day after our wedding.

Wedding Countdown Ticker:)

• We will not be in church. I'm anticipating that it will be a fairly late night after the wedding, and we'll have to catch a late morning flight the next day. Even if we didn't, I think I'd want to spend that time just the 2 of us until we return from the honeymoon and get back to "normal" life.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nope.  We were in the air.  It wasn't even something we discussed.  I don't know anyone personally who has gone to church the next morning.  And, honestly, if my husband hadn't been the youth pastor, we would have slept in the next Sunday, too, because of how late we got back.
  • Take into account the post-event crash! As wonderful as it may seem to be at church the next day quality time with your new spouse will be just as fulfilling! God knows your heart and wont hold not attending against you! :)

• Take into account the post-event crash! As wonderful as it may seem to be at church the next day quality time with your new spouse will be just as fulfilling! God knows your heart and wont hold not attending against you! :)
    What she said!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yup, we got up and went to church the next morning, and it was so nice as husband and wife!

But we never miss church, even on our honeymoon, unless we were really sick or something.

SaveSave
  • We did not. We had out of town guests that we spent time with before leaving for our honeymoon.
  • Most likely no.  We'll play it by ear though. We leave for the honeymoon on Monday, but I want to spend time with our out-of-town guests, and most of them will go to church, so I'm on the fence.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are planning on attending church.  We have even invited our OOT guests if they would like to attend as well and we are planning on taking folks out to breakfast afterwards.  So if they want to attend our church great if not they can just choose to meet us at the restaurant later.

But our wedding is earlier in the day and we aren't leaving on any type of honeymoon right away.
    Anniversary
  • We didn't. We went on a "honeyweekend" (took our honeymoon a few months later) and didn't know of any churches in the area... and frankly, after all the wedding craziness, our day of rest was simply that- resting. And lots and lots of sleeping.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards