African American Weddings

Thank you cards....my hand hurts.....anybody else feel my pain...

There must be an easier way....who told me to invite 200 people.....now I am writing 85million thank you cards....anybody else feel my pain...
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Thank you cards....my hand hurts.....anybody else feel my pain...

• Lol...I only have to write 20..thank you Jesus. Waiting for pro pics so I can make my thank you cards on vista print.
  • Girl i made them joints on Vista print with my 17 for 70..... But girl. ... writing them out got me bout to gouge my eyes out with a dull spoon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Girl! A mess!!!! I hand wrote and personalized all my TY notes and let me tell you, it was a pain pain pain!  I do NOT miss that part of the wedding planning.  

Cha
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • Lol..aww poor baby. Well luckily I only have 20 people who gave some sort of gift. All but 2 were monetary gifts. Have fun hun !
  • Question to you ladies?!?!? Should u sent thank you cards to the ppl who didnt give a gift considering you thanked them  for coming when you walked around from table to table at the wedding??

Dumb question i knw but i was just wondering that....

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Not a dumb qyestion at all I'm sending to everyone. I just wrote personal note to thank them specifically for what they gave. Everyone that did not give a gift got a generic one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ya'll are working way too hard - 200 people = 100 cards, you do 50 the groom does 50.  I mean that's still a crapload of writing but are ya'll really doing this by yourselves?  shyt. Like if I'm in charge of dinner/the cooking, don't nobody get a plate until I get back 10 cards.  bam, 40 left.  Now when you get the inevitable:  "I don't feel like doing this or it's too much work"  you just nod and tell him that's okay babe, it's not like you didn't already do your share, {use auto-sarcasm voice here} as. my. partner.  helping me with the other 99.9% of the wedding.   no problem.  then turn and go put his plate in the fridge.  marriage is about blackmai...uh, I mean compromise.  Cheese.  lol!   No but for real, hand him a stack, it was his wedding too.
  • LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper

Ya'll are working way too hard - 200 people = 100 cards, you do 50 the groom does 50.  I mean that's still a crapload of writing but are ya'll really doing this by yourselves?  shyt. Like if I'm in charge of dinner/the cooking, don't nobody get a plate until I get back 10 cards.  bam, 40 left.  Now when you get the inevitable:  "I don't feel like doing this or it's too much work"  you just nod and tell him that's okay babe, it's not like you didn't already do your share, {use auto-sarcasm voice here} as. my. partner.  helping me with the other 99.9% of the wedding.   no problem.  then turn and go put his plate in the fridge.  marriage is about blackmai...uh, I mean compromise.  Cheese.  lol!   No but for real, hand him a stack, it was his wedding too.

love the words of wisdom... expecially this "  "I don't feel like doing this or it's too much work"  you just nod and tell him that's okay babe, it's not like you didn't already do your share, {use auto-sarcasm voice here} as. my. partner.  helping me with the other 99.9% of the wedding.   no problem.  then turn and go put his plate in the fridge.  No but for real, hand him a stack, it was his wedding too

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • yo Leesh, don't pay me no mind, I ain't got n'air one husband to speak of.  lol.  but what kills me about man-logic/I don't feel like it/want to is:  who the hell FEELS like writing thank you cards.   sing while you make your way back to the kitchen, his colla finna be t-i-g-h-t.  please don't hesitate to borrow one of my favorite tunes:  we were having steak tonight too, such a shame.  lol!!
  • Just a correction. ... we are doing them together. I just don't want to do them at all. ... not my half but his half. ... none. ..... just don't have the desire to hand write these things. ..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @MrsBad13 I only sent to people who gave a gift as I had already thanked my other guests enough through all the "extras" at the wedding.  I did, however, send TY cards to those that came from out of town/it was a taxing effort to make it to our wedding.  

Cha
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • Ok..cause I was thinking like you didn't gift u don't get an extra thank you...u got cupcakes to go , candy buffet and a cd..ill holla lol...I feel ya Cha lol
  • LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    MrsBad13 said:
    Ok..cause I was thinking like you didn't gift u don't get an extra thank you...u got cupcakes to go , candy buffet and a cd..ill holla lol...I feel ya Cha lol
    Im thinking this 1000% and maybe you can throw a bill for their plate in there while we are at it

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Lol yall are hilarity, this was my least favorite part too. Ugh. I wrote thank you cards for ppl for coming to the wedding that they got the day of and the gift givers got the personalized ones. worst part ever!
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards