October 2013 Weddings

This weeks checks!!!

Hey everyone! How is your steps going? are you on track? Moving along?

I always feel like I'm sooooo behind! Today I registered at Target, just a few small things that we would like to upgrade around the house. And it helps target mailed me a coupon to get a $20 gc when I registered! $20 yeah I'll take that.
image 165 Asked to join at our big day.
image 7 Are coming; cameras in hand ready to party!
image 5 Are missing out on the fun.
image 153 Haven't found the mail box back to us.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: This weeks checks!!!

• We registered at Target and got the $20 gift card too! 

And I also feel like I am so behind! I keep reading about things other people have done and I'm like "oh yeah, I should get on that...." lol. But I made some progress today, ordered the headband I plan to wear as well as our photo guestbook from Shutterfly! FI and I also did some budgeting and have plans to go shopping for our wedding bands this weekend :) 

question: when are you all getting your dress altered? I don't really know when to start with that, or when to call and make the appointment. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I know it's a strange feeling never knowing where I should be in each step!!!!!

I'm starting basic alterations in late August or early seltember because my dress needs some repairs before it can even be fitted properly. And then actual fitting would be probably start early October (30th is my date)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have my first alteration appointment in July - but my date is 10/5 so it needs to be done earlier!
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• This week has been non-wedding related. I now have a basically-all-completed-and-finalized guest list and will start addressing envelopes soon.

I am also planning on making a fitting appointment for my dress in the near future. I hope to buy my bridesmaids' gifts this weekend as well.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• We registered at Target and got the $20 gift card too! 

And I also feel like I am so behind! I keep reading about things other people have done and I'm like "oh yeah, I should get on that...." lol. But I made some progress today, ordered the headband I plan to wear as well as our photo guestbook from Shutterfly! FI and I also did some budgeting and have plans to go shopping for our wedding bands this weekend :) 

question: when are you all getting your dress altered? I don't really know when to start with that, or when to call and make the appointment. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
    I called the shop where I bought my dress yesterday, I thought I was behind on getting my dress altered, and the owner said I could wait and do it 6-8 weeks before the wedding.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • Just made my dress fitting appointment. I feel so accomplished all of a sudden.

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• I'm back on the wedding planning wagon. Two nights ago I assembled our monograms, last night I put the RSVP & Reception Cards in the pocket and started addressing return envelopes.  Speaking of return envelopes - where are you putting them in the invitation? 

I also ordered my place card holders and decided that I'm going to build two boxes to put sand in and decorate them. Our decor is going to be laid back beachy with adirondack chairs (made that decision last week).

And now, instead of doing work, I'm starting to plan out our European honeymoon.  It is a bit overwhelming! But I've gotten as far as starting an excel spreadsheet and reaching out to a B&B in Scotland.

Our invites are just the invite itself and the rsvp card and envelope. I'm going to put the rsvp card under the flap of the pre-stamped rsvp envelope, put it on top of the (flat) invite, and then put all 3 pieces into the big, exterior envelope.

No pocketfolds, no belly bands, no inner envelope. 

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• UGH speaking of checks..Incoming RANT..... soooo backstory... we are purchasing suits from STORE-ABC, and put all the groomsmen on our CC for them to pay us back but saved 20% by opening a ABC credit card... Soooo each GM got measured at ABC, and each (except 1) had to exchange sizes on 1+ items. and the Best Man had to exchange everything except the tie... so items were coming from multiple cities because our store didn't have items in stock. Cool fine whatnot. i call trying to figure out what store his vest was shipped from over a week ago... finally found out it was a store 8 hours from me; so i call my local store to see if they can figure out which store in that city. they did; the new store contacted me it was shipped and showed delivered on the 4th..... so then i call UPS and they read me the address... it was sent to my neighbors house...... i look outside and see a box out there.... walk over to peak... its our vest.... been sitting outside in the heat and rain for ohhhhh 3 full days.. boy that box smelled wonderful. pulled it out and there was "runs" in the vest like the environement couldnt do... so I called back the lovely lady helping me locally... and explained it to her. and im going to take it into her on monday; she also helped me find another store that had it and put it on hold to be shipped to us. but this has been going on for almost two months exchanging out pieces. Come to find out. The lady helping me was my wonderful bride (im photographing 3 days before my wedding) that refereed me to come shop there. Sure hope I wasn't too snarky LOL I just wanted everything fixed.  Lesson learned.... start early!!!!
    ::store names are switched since it may not be a completely bad experience::

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our invitations came while we were on vacation, so I just stamped our address on the return envelopes and the backs of the invitation envelopes. Now I just need to choose the stamps and put them on everything after they get sent back by my friend who is addressing them! Well, after my mom finally gives me addresses for people she's wanting to invite, that is...

But yeah.

• NWR check. Fi and I are finallyyyyy unpacking our office; (moved in 10 months ago but were both in school) and I just found two gift cards with a remaining balance. Hollaaaaaa. weird part.... they are from my first marriage... guess thats one thing my ex didnt spend of mine. haha. shopping trip!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This past weekend, I purchased gifts for the bridesmaids! Not a huge check, but it is completed!

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• This week we:

- Booked hair and makeup for myself, bridesmaids and my mom
     - Started collecting addresses and addressing invitations
     - Received my wedding ring!
     - Picked bridesmaids dresses (we were way behind on that)
     - Scheduled our engagement photos

For our return envelopes, we are tucking it around the RSVP card and attaching those and our reception card to the back of our invitation with a ribbon.
  • -Picked up my wedding band, it fits! 
    -Assembled/stamped & stuffed our invitations. There are only a few left that need to be addressed and stamped, but I have 7 weeks before I plan on mailing them.
    -Picked our first dance song

Um... that's all we got done this weekend. I need to check on my sister & BM to see if they have their dresses and shoes and what-not. We need to design and order our shoes, and get our WP's shoe sizes as well. And figure out our final menu with the caterer. 
  • I got a lot done this weekend! We finished up our registry at C&B, I had done a lot of it online but wanted to see the dishes and flatware in person. I dropped off our envelopes and guest list to my friend who is doing our calligraphy, and we booked our honeymoon in Hawaii! On a smaller scale, I just ordered a slip petticoat to try under my dress. I had NO idea what to wear since I want some "smoothing" (it's a satin trumpet style) but didn't want the Spanx things that look like bicycle shorts. I found a petticoat that is made for trumpet style that smooths out the waist and hips and gives the bottom a little oompf. Now I just hope it fits!
  • I got a lot done this weekend! We finished up our registry at C&B, I had done a lot of it online but wanted to see the dishes and flatware in person. I dropped off our envelopes and guest list to my friend who is doing our calligraphy, and we booked our honeymoon in Hawaii! On a smaller scale, I just ordered a slip petticoat to try under my dress. I had NO idea what to wear since I want some "smoothing" (it's a satin trumpet style) but didn't want the Spanx things that look like bicycle shorts. I found a petticoat that is made for trumpet style that smooths out the waist and hips and gives the bottom a little oompf. Now I just hope it fits!
    What flatware did you choose? We chose Grand Hotel II at C& B (and I noticed that some already got purchased!)

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Ordered our invites. Shower invites sent. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did a bunch yesterday. I ordered my earrings, headpiece for reception,my something blue undies, flip flop tags,  flower girl basket, sand for sand ceremony, ordered thank you cards for shower, and we got out passports.  I also can't believe how much they were but I guess we will have them for 10 years so I better use it! FYI I also hate how my passport picture came out.  I did so much little things but I feel like now I can just finish paying off the big things and be done and relax!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • Returned vest today and purchased card box! Gonna spice it up just a little. Now I am working on researching wording or the ceremony

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Got a few things done over the weekend. Finally took my dress in for alterations, $315, bah. But that's about what I was expecting so oh well. Got our engagement pics done, I'm super excited to see them! And MOH ordered her dress, it's super cute, yay!
    @shannie11 I feel you about the passport picture. Mine is ROUGH. For some reason I decided to have it taken after walking around the zoo all day in hot weather. And the lady told me I couldn't smile so it looks like a drugged up mug shot.
  • just booked the honeymoon! woohoo!
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• I need to FIND my passport to get it renewed..

I always say that I've lost mine and get a new one because I want to keep my visas and stamps. You don't necessarily need the old one to get a new one.

• @schellzinator - I am numbering mine.  A girlfriend of mine recommended this as she received about half of the RSVP cards back with no names just a "Yes" or "No".  So for the yes replies they were looking at the postmarks and trying to figure out who it could be.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • @schellzinator - I numbered ours as well, but we didn't invest in an invisible ink pen or anything, I just used a normal black ink pen.
  • alrightttt todays check mark is finishing ALL the bouquets. I did a basic toss one; the same as the BM's and 3 BM plus the bridal.  pics attached.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Alright no more dealing with suits the last groomsmen came for a retry on and it fits! (Minus the sleeves being short but unfortunately he's just too tall they discontinued his size) bam done.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @jenphotochick ~ I'm going with something similar for my bouquets!  I love gerber daisies!!!!  

This week I ordered everything for the centerpieces and tomorrow night we have an appointment for tuxes.  Crossing more and more off my list each week!!!  My goal is to be down to just a few items a month before the wedding.  That way I can enjoy all the parties and not stress about the wedding!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • @jenphotochick ~ I'm going with something similar for my bouquets!  I love gerber daisies!!!!  

This week I ordered everything for the centerpieces and tomorrow night we have an appointment for tuxes.  Crossing more and more off my list each week!!!  My goal is to be down to just a few items a month before the wedding.  That way I can enjoy all the parties and not stress about the wedding!!!
    I loveeeeeeeee Gerber daisys!!!! I can't wait to have most everything checked off the list!

This morning I bought stamps for the RSVP returns and then got FI some dress shoes. Hope they fit right lol and ummmmm got some card stock to mock up the full invite to have them weighed. (Need to make direction cards)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • How'd you get a $20 gift card from Target? We just registered there and didn't get anything :(
  • Just booked my ceremony musician! She will play the harp before the ceremony, organ for processional and recessional, and piano for other songs.

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• @lmichels2013, if I remember correctly Target mailed us something that had a coupon/voucher inside for the $20 gift card about a week or so after we created our registry there.

We were supposed to go shopping for our wedding bands last weekend, but our alarm clock(s) didn't go off in time and we had FI's sister's college graduation party to attend that afternoon and would have been cutting it close. So we have rescheduled that for next weekend. We also need to go to our venue at some point to finalize the menu, cake, and chair covers, which I'm hoping to do sometime in mid-July.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards