Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Toasting at dry wedding

Should we have a special *non* alcoholic bevvy? (like, Martinellis or something)? Or just toast with whatever people have in their glass?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Toasting at dry wedding

• Options
    I think it's a good idea to toast with what ever people have in their hand.
  • Options
    Just let them use whatever they have. We had mimosas out our lunch reception as the only alcohol, and then a glass of wine for the toast. In hindsight, I wish we had just skipped the wine b/c it was an unnecessary expense since most people didn't even drink it. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    My FI and I are having a dry wedding, and we will have sparkling grape juice (or some other fancy juice that comes in a wine-like bottle) on all the tables.  But it isn't just for toasting, it is for something special for them to drink.  So we have a "special drink" but will still have the toasting be for whatever happens to be in their glasses.  If they want to toast me with hot tea, I'm all for it, as long as it doesn't slosh and no one gets hurt. 

• Options
    You can toast with whatever drinks are available.  They don't have to be alcoholic.
  • Options
    I like the idea of sparkling grape juice in champagne glasses. If you don't intend to use champagne glasses, you can have them toast with anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards