Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Worth it to serve coffee after dinner?

We're planning an evening reception (6-11ish) next June (it will be upper 80's, low 90's) with a full dinner and open bar. We're debating right now on whether we should have coffee available after dinner. Most of our crowd will be drinkers, so we can't decide how many people would opt for a cup of coffee between drinks. 

Would you still offer coffee for after dinner even if the bar will stay open all night? We have the option of no coffee, a couple coffee urns with basic black coffee, or a full coffee bar. 

Re: Worth it to serve coffee after dinner?

• I absolutely would at least have some. I once saw my father leave a wedding reception that did not serve coffee. Dramatic?  Yes. But I think a lot of people like to be able to have a cup of coffee with their dessert, even if it's hot out. I definitely do!

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I'd make sure coffee and tea were available, especially if a meal is being served, because they do tend to be very expected after the meal or refreshments.

If you're doing a buffet, you could even have a "coffee/tea station." 
  • I would definitely serve coffee and tea. I know that I would be looking for coffee or tea to drink with my dessert, 80 degree weather or not.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited June 2013
    I have no idea whether we had coffee at my wedding or not......We only did if it was included in the bar. That's honestly something I don't think I would have provided if it cost more. In my circle, I don't think anyone missed it.
  • csuavecsuave member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I think I have seen coffee served at every wedding I have been to. 
  • Thanks for the feedback! Coffee is an added expense, but it's not too bad. I think we'll just offer regular and decaf with milk and sugar if that sounds good. 
  • We got married in the late afternoon/early evening with an evening reception in July.  We served both coffee and tea after dinner during when cake was served.  You will be surprised at how many guests will want a nice cup of coffee of warm tea even in the summer time.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards