August 2014 Weddings
Options

Wedding Colors for August

I really love the idea of doing purple and silver or having some pinks for my wedding colors. BUT I dont know where to start! My fiance thinks that it should match the season, which is August, so reds, oranges, etc. I am pretty set on purples or pinks. What do YOU think?

Re: Wedding Colors for August

• Options
    Well we often get caught up with choosing colors to match the season but im doing the Purple, Magenta, and Pinks with the Silver for my wedding in August but its really up to you and what you invision for your big day.. HTH and on a side note Im pretty partial to the purples and pinks its my favorite colors LOL

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    Thank you!!! I think I am going to stick to it. I really love purple and silver and white as a combo!!! Thank you
  • Options
    Yes do what makes you happy besides its YOUR DAY lol....GOOD LUCK HONEY

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    August is still technically a Summer month, so pinks and purples are great!
  • Options
    purple is my favorite color and im partial to purpleyear round im so glad to hear that others ae doing purple in august as well... good btw im doing purple grey silver. and possibly blue shadows..
  • Options
    I think those are lovely colors. They go well together, and depending on your venue they also go great with green. And I would agree do what makes you happy.
  • Options
    Looks like quite a few Purple brides on board..YAYYY super excited

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    Purple all the way. I'm like PP's and love it year round. We are doing a sapphire blue & silver. Ppl are givin us crap because it's winter colors. I don't care, I love our colors. :) HTH
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Going with Dark Red / Burgundy, Silver, and black (accents).. doesn't really matter what season .. go with colours you love!
  • Options
    Going with dark red and silver
  • Options
    kelceyakelceya member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2013
    I agree with the PPs! Personally I've always thought any colors work in any season. For example, if you want pastels at a winter wedding, spin it as an invocation of the coming spring!

I'm also an August 2014 bride, and I'm going for a "late summer/welcoming fall" feel with burgundy and yellow-gold.
  • Options
    The colours you pick should be what you love!!!

We are doing everything black and white demask with little accents of fushia
  • Options
    We are doing gray and orange!
  • Options
    I'm with the PPs - your colours are totally up to you.  We're having blue and yellow....because they are our favourites!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with the group.  Go with what you want.  I love the idea of gray and orange!  My colors will be blue with orange and pink accents (I think!)
  • Options

Our color is going to be blue with some pink accents (as most "blue" flowers are almost pink anyway without doing some coloring)

• Options
    Our colors are going to be tangerine and turquoise. I also want to add some pink but not sure how yet.
  • Options
    Our colors are going to be pink and yellow. Yellow is my FI favorite color and I have always loved pink. I want to add some light green accents as well. 
  • Options

I agree with most of the posters thus far... because August falls in betwwwn both seasons, I don't think you can wrong with any colors. Pick colors that speak to you, regardless of what sweason people attach them to.

We are doing persimmon (burnt orange), sangria (purple-ish), gold and ivory in August 2014.

Happy Planning!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards