Honeymoon Discussions

Its rainy... what to do?

I'm trying to plan a trip for this week .  I want to go to the Caribbean (most likely Punta Cana or Aruba).  I checked the forecast and it looks like it'll be rainy in both places the entire time.  Should I go anyway?  Or postpone?  Has anyone else gone on vacation only to be sabatoged by rain the entire time?

Re: Its rainy... what to do?

• If you didn't book anything I would just hold off.  Is there a reason you are planning a very last minute trip?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Wait...you're trying to go on a major international trip for this week and you haven't done any planning whatsoever?

Did I read that wrong?
  • Rainbow17Rainbow17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2013
    Its not a major international trip, its just to the Caribbean for the weekend.  I do it all the time.  But haven't yet been rained on.
  • Lucky for you. If you go all the time, why would you bother going when it's supposed to rain?
  • Jealous much? If you don't have an answer to my original question, move on, and mind your biznass.
  • Wow....you're a peach. 
  • Typically during the summer months and into the fall (hurricane sesaon) rain is usually called for every day.  But most times the rain will only last for an hour or so in the afternoon or will happen overnight.

But if you are booking a trip for this coming weekend and the weather is calling for rain and you do it all the time why would you even consider going?  Why not plan a trip elsewhere that isn't calling for rain.

And I doubt anyone is jealous but for someone that does this type of thing all the time you would think you would know a bit more about the weather in the caribbean.

• Jealous much? If you don't have an answer to my original question, move on, and mind your biznass.

It's business. We speak properly around here.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think the point that was trying to be made is that if you do this often and you have concerns, why even consider going? You can always look into going some other weekend in the near future since your schedule is seemingly flexible. Also, OP, you have to remember that a lot of the girls on here rarely get to travel and can barely afford a HM let alone many last minute trips to the Caribbean when they feel like they have the time. You came off as sounding like you are having "rich girl problems" and going to the Caribbean, especially last minute, is not anything special. I'm not saying that is how you actually feel, but to some, a weekend in the Caribbean is once in a lifetime.

• FWIW, I have had several Caribbean vacations sabotaged by the rain. It was frustrating, especially since it's hard for me to get time off of work and it's really hard for me to get to the Caribbean from Phoenix. Again, if you are truly flexible and do this often, I'd save your time and money for a better weekend some time later this summer or year.

• I think the point that was trying to be made is that if you do this often and you have concerns, why even consider going? You can always look into going some other weekend in the near future since your schedule is seemingly flexible. Also, OP, you have to remember that a lot of the girls on here rarely get to travel and can barely afford a HM let alone many last minute trips to the Caribbean when they feel like they have the time. You came off as sounding like you are having "rich girl problems" and going to the Caribbean, especially last minute, is not anything special. I'm not saying that is how you actually feel, but to some, a weekend in the Caribbean is once in a lifetime.
    I just thought it was ridiculous because who goes to the Caribbean all the time, but has never been during hurricane season or even when it just rains?
  • edited August 2013
    Post removed due to GBCK
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• PDKH said:
    I think the point that was trying to be made is that if you do this often and you have concerns, why even consider going? You can always look into going some other weekend in the near future since your schedule is seemingly flexible. Also, OP, you have to remember that a lot of the girls on here rarely get to travel and can barely afford a HM let alone many last minute trips to the Caribbean when they feel like they have the time. You came off as sounding like you are having "rich girl problems" and going to the Caribbean, especially last minute, is not anything special. I'm not saying that is how you actually feel, but to some, a weekend in the Caribbean is once in a lifetime.
    I just thought it was ridiculous because who goes to the Caribbean all the time, but has never been during hurricane season or even when it just rains?

Very good point!!! I didn't even read it as such, but that makes total sense. Oddly enough, I've only ever been to the Caribbean during hurricane season and I've been move than a handful of times.

• If the weather calls for rain go elsewhere.

• #richgirlproblems, love it!  OP, why would you plan a trip in the rain?  Go to New Mexico, or Arizona or...somewhere with a better forecast.
  • Yeah, it's definitely NOT raining here in Arizona. It's been around 105-110 and sunny! :)

• Don't go attacking me, when I didn't start any snide remarks.  Just a genuine question.  I've been pretty lucky that I haven't been rained on in the Caribbean yet.  Was wondering what other people's experiences have been.  I don't need people to judge, just answers to my questions.  I'm sure you would want the same.

• manateehuggermanateehugger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2013
    Ninac4116 said:

Don't go attacking me, when I didn't start any snide remarks.  Just a genuine question.  I've been pretty lucky that I haven't been rained on in the Caribbean yet.  Was wondering what other people's experiences have been.  I don't need people to judge, just answers to my questions.  I'm sure you would want the same.

Dude, I didn't attack you. "Lucky for you" wasn't meant cruelly. It literally meant - you're very lucky that you have the time and money to take frequent trips. I asked you a simple question and you immediately told me I was jealous and to mind my own "biznass"

ETA: You asked if you should postpone. I said if you can go whenever, why go when the weather is supposed to be crappy?
  • She didn't attack you. You were the only one being rude by calling her jealous and to mind her "biznass."  

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Ninac4116 said:
    Jealous much? If you don't have an answer to my original question, move on, and mind your biznass.

OP, I'm pretty sure this is a snide remark.... As for the rain, if you're going anyway, then why ask? Like Maggie said, it typically only lasts an hour before it blows over.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ninac4116 said:

Don't go attacking me, when I didn't start any snide remarks.  Just a genuine question.  I've been pretty lucky that I haven't been rained on in the Caribbean yet.  Was wondering what other people's experiences have been.  I don't need people to judge, just answers to my questions.  I'm sure you would want the same.

Your response was the snide, bitchy one.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• I'm also curious. Is this random trip for your honeymoon?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ninac4116 said:

So you are saying that you have never been on a vacation where it rained? It doesn't matter where you vacationed but I am sure it had to have rained at least for one day at some point. When it rains you make the best of the situation. Go to the bars and have a few drinks. Talk to some new people and make new friends. Seriously it isn't that difficult. And seeing as you haven't even booked anything then don't book a damn vacation when you know it is going to rain!

• edited August 2013
    Post removed due to GBCK
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Biznass? Thats klassy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah, it's definitely NOT raining here in Arizona. It's been around 105-110 and sunny! :)
    Ha ha, this.  But rooms are a hell of a lot cheaper in the summer for this reason!
    Anniversary
  • I'm just confused why someone needs to come on the Internet and ask strangers if they should drop a bunch of money to take a vacation when they know it is going to rain.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards