Georgia-Savannah

wedding venues in savannah

We recently got engaged in savannah and have been talking about having the wedding in savannah, However I live up north and dont know much about the area. We want an outdoor wedding and reception if possible and have a guest list between 100-150. Also we would like to provide our own liquor for the open bar if possible since this seems to help enormously with costs and we want an open bar. any suggestions?

Re: wedding venues in savannah

• It doesn't help with the outdoor aspect but Tybee wedding chapel allows your own catering and alcohol. You just have to pay an additional damage deposit if you self-cater.
  • Check out Wormsloe, Bathesda, Old Fort Jackson and Forsyth Park.  Keep in mind that, if you have a someone serving the alcohol, they must be licensed by the City.  Talk to your caterer and see if they have a licensed bartender they can provide.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We got married in Forsyth Park. It was such a beautiful ceremony. Our guests who had never been to Savannah absolutely loved it. It truly was amazing.

Here's the link to our video :)

http://vimeo.com/57965819
    October 2012 Board: June Siggy
  • where did you get these invites? I love the mossy tree background!
  • We took our wedding photos at Forsyth Park and they were beautiful!  However, the park was very crowded and I can't imagine having a ceremony there, unless you want random people strolling by, or stopping to watch.  (Some people wouldn't mind, but that would have bothered me.)  We got married at Whitefield Square.  I don't know if it would hold 100-150 guests, but it was beautiful, and because it was a bit more out of the way, it was very private.  (And contrary to what we had read beforehand, we didn't see a single homeless person there and the neighborhood was beautiful!  lol) 

Our reception was at Vic's on the River.  They don't allow you to bring your own alcohol, but their bar prices are very reasonable.  They let you choose the brands to serve and are VERY reasonably priced for both their buffets and their plated meals. 

I'm not sure where "up north" is, but if this is going to be a destination wedding, keep in mind that your guest list of 100-150 may be drastically reduced because of the cost of travel.  We invited 60 and ended up with 22 guests.  It's good to figure your budget based on the amount you're inviting, but keep in mind that they probably won't all come.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards