African American Weddings

Wedding Day Woes!

So here I am again at the crossroads of THE WEDDING!!!! As most of you know I have been back and forth with wedding dates and issues with getting married, at first it was to be August of this year and then August of next year and once we discussed the whole JOP thing it switched to October of this year with a reception and after talking to our planner we were ready to just do everything in one spot this year just down-scaled with ppl. Ok so the place was booked, the planner/coordinator booked, the caterer booked and the dress being paid off.....now after all that being said we get closer and closer and the budget rears its ugly head into the convo sooo we again are pushing it out...date TBD!!! SMH i know you ladies are tired of me as well as i am tired of going back and forth, we have yet again talked and are trying to come to a decision as to when will this actually happen (not saying that JOP is out of the question but we still want the whole thing). The bad part is of course no deposits are able to be given back, the planner will hold the monies and info in her system for a year and we can always go back to her and pick up where we left off (good thing), i havent heard from the caterer and i have to call the venue to check with them, the dress cant be returned or any monies given back so ill pay it off and keep it until THE BIG DAY! Side note: everyone in the WP was very understanding and will sit aside and wait patiently for the 1st meeting (hopefully soon FINGERS CROSSED)

Aside from everything else we are still working everything out and will hopefully get things on the road soon, so ill still be around and for a while longer and just waiting for the moment i can announce the FINAL DATE!!!

Tira 

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

Re: Wedding Day Woes!

• I hope everything works out the way you want it to. :)
  • LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    aww sugar plum... well im glad that the planner is able to keep the money and info in her system.. (there are some positives... thats less money that you have to pay..yay!..also you will have more time to pay off on that beautiful dress.. and this gives the wedding party more time to get their life together to make sure that they are fully involved.) Im sure that everything will get on the road soon and we will be here patiently waiting on the new date.. and on another positive we do know that it is going to be in a year because thats how long you have to use the money

Daisypath - (PNE7)

• LeciaB said:
    aww sugar plum... well im glad that the planner is able to keep the money and info in her system.. (there are some positives... thats less money that you have to pay..yay!..also you will have more time to pay off on that beautiful dress.. and this gives the wedding party more time to get their life together to make sure that they are fully involved.) Im sure that everything will get on the road soon and we will be here patiently waiting on the new date.. and on another positive we do know that it is going to be in a year because thats how long you have to use the money
    This!! I agree with @LeciaB 100%. 
  • LeciaB said:
    YES MAAM it will definitely be in a year or less...im sure he and i will get back on this subject within a week or soo....LOVE U LADIES Thanks for the support

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• MrsBad13MrsBad13 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    LeciaB said:

Yes..this all day. I'm sorry you are going thru this. Me and DH went thru 4 dates before we finally said 5/25/13 is it or its to the JOP and we done with it. Ive been on TK since 09. I was getting so drained with the planning and just wanted it to be over..it started to not be fun anymore. You just gotta come to grips that whatever it is you want you may not get and just be done with it. I didn't get to have my open bar, my drawn horse and carriage, my uplighting. But in the end I got the #1 thing I wanted and that was to marry my best friend. If going to the JOP is what needed to be done I was willing to do that. So just keep ya head up and it will all work out !
  • MrsBad13...Thanks honey i appreciate it, im hoping to get this over will soon and now that ive started the ball rolling with the dress and so forth im going to still go on with it as soon as we get a set date im back on the ball but on a higher note it gives time to get the little things...ie: garter, sign in box, ring pillow and all those other little necessary items that way we can truly focus on the venue and caterer if needed (yes it will be a new venue hopefully all inclusive this time)

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Yea..at least you got that dress taken care of. Thats a good idea to get the little stuff out the way that stuff too can become a headache. I bought my garter from hobby lobby. Made my sign on a picture canvas and I made my hanger. So yes those little things are just as important as the BIG stuff.
  • MrsBad13... yea thank goodness i got my hanger, i can pay the dress off in time and i got the sand ceremony set and someone made my jumping broom (im picking that up today YAYY). The garter, ring pillow and that other stuff im gonna order from this company on ETSY and other little things like that ill get within the next upcoming months..so again i think im on the ball i just need to get the date and venue and we can slowly start paying that off

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Etsy has everything lol. Good luck with everything and here some cocktails to setting a final date and finding a venue !
  • LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    all inclusive please.. but fingers crossed i know its all going to work out

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • leatbaleatba member
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    Life happens. Don't be discouraged. Hopefully everything works out and is bigger and better than what you were planning
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LeciaB I KNW RIGHT LOL the sad part is there is this one place i really like that isnt all inclusive so idk what to do but hell i gotta get a date first LOL

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• leatba thanks honey, im hoping all this gets finalized real soon LOL

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Question: how much further would you push it back. I think we all fight that heaux named budget, you gotta control her lol. If you kept your date and cut the ppl would be able to save all your money?  I hope it works out!
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • leatba said:
    Life happens. Don't be discouraged. Hopefully everything works out and is bigger and better than what you were planning
    This all day T!!! ((((hugs)))) sista.  I'm here if you want to talk.

Cha
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • aww im sorry hun. you already know I know how you feel. If only budget were not in the picture...lol. anyway you seem really calm and collected and I know your day will be absolutely beautiful!
  • Awwww hun. Im sorry you are going through this. Dont let it get the best of you. Im sure everything will turn out just fine. Look at it as a good thing. You will have more time to get everything done. Relax and stay focused. Everything will fall in place!
    Mrs. Mosley 2 be
  • You know I understand.   We just going to hang around here together.   Like you said to me things will work themselves out for the good.   You, me, and drmass we gonna be alright.  :)

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• i have been here a while too.... i am fighting hard to keep my 2014 spring day.... 
    i feel yall ladies pain...
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • awww T.  cosigning everybody else, it will all work itself out.  time is going to fly by and you'll look back at this one day and say piece of cake!   um speaking of cake, you never did ask for my address soooo.......

{{tacklehug}}
  • minsu5minsu5 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    I'm glad you have a understanding party. Like we said in previous board, "No Pay, No Say.' You can have your wedding day any day you want. Plus, if you're going to spend a lot, you might as well have it the way you want it.

Sunday, May 18, 2014 - Baltimore, Maryland

"Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever" - Audre Lorde

• Like @island07b2b we're going to be alright!! Things are going work out just fine and before you know it will be signing off on this board lol I'M CLAIMING IT FOR US ALL!!!  Personal, changing my date has really been working in my favor so I believe it was all for the best I'm now able to hire a wedding planner,our budget increased, my parents are able to contribute more, and most of all we're  able to get all the things that we wanted. And the biggest bonus is being able to focus on things like being the greatest mommy I can be, building this house and finishing this dissertation, I don't know how happy we would have been living in a tent and me still trying to finish with school,pushing back means I'll get my new title as Dr., a new home, and most of all being with my best friend from now until forever. Things are going to work out just fine for us all, I know it is hard to have to push it back all of us have dreamed of this day so it can be crushing to push it back but everything happens according to His will and I am sending all my positive vibes,prayers,and lots of hugs your way. 
  • @EVERYONE I really appreciate the love and support! YOU GUYS ROCK...im super happy to be apart of a group of ppl that know how to support one another! Thank God we still are in planning mode and of course this just gives me a lil extra time to get it together..

M1ssJ that heaux BUDGET is gonna make me loose it LOL...we actually cut down on alot of things but its just the necessity things that were becoming very costly ie: food, decor, dj, drinks, dress LOL so it wasnt even about the guest it was just not enough finances and time for everything we want to do...

CreoleBride30 aww thanks LOVIE...i sooo appreciate the hugs and i know i can talk to you anytime you have that listening, helpful spirit xoxo

shaygray88 yes im calm only because we already seem like a married couple and id rather have some peace in my home than to be on edge about the wedding we can just change the date no biggy besides i gotta get that dress and uhh IM WEARING IT SOMEWHERE DAMNIT LOL even to the dang mall LOL...

raven&mark yes it will work out eventually and we will get it together now im only sad we wont be date twins LOL....u knw im looking forward to your BIG DAY!!!

island07b2b i knw you understand how i feel but hey that just means you and me must neva part makedada LOL....(color purple song)

thedivav girl we in here for the long run LOL....and you also please read my prior note LOL

sultryzulu girl time is already flying i never thought June would be here as fast as it did...and ummm cake what cake o my bad Publix said they were delivering the cake today...lol i hope u enjoy

minsu5 thats right NO PAY NO SAY...^5 lol

drmass2013 AWWWW DR thanks sooo much i surely appreciate the positive vibes and love...and yes we all know that we want to have a very nice wedding so pushing it back is ok i mean it gives us all that extra time to get out house in order and then refocus on the wedding...even if it means we will be on the board a lil longer im down and im ready xoxo

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• It'll all work it, it usually does. Keep ya head up!
    145 Invited image
    65 Cannot wait to party! image
    1 Saving me money! image
    80 Looking for the mailbox image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards