Connecticut

Caterer...ughh!

So I got back my catering quote...CRAZY EXPENSIVE...omg! Like almost 9000 not including bar or any rental! Based on 100ppl! Back to the catering drawing board!

Re: Caterer...ughh!

• It is amazing how expensive catering can be, I just got a quote from Jordan's catering for Guilford Yacht Club, with just a basic package for 130 people and it was 20,000 not including the venue fee and it was in April with a discount!  Good luck in fairness she did tell us that catering would be more expensive than a wedding hall.
  • you can get cattering for well over 100 dollars where in the state are u located. there are some places that charge like under 55 per person for food my venue i booked is charging ups 75 thats tax included 4 1/2 open bar. full cocktail hour, sit down dinner. we a package from them including dj cake and flower arangements. at testas 
  • Not sure if you have to use a specific venue. However, try Tom Devine from Two Steps Catering, out of Danbury. Food in phenomenal,  service is impeccable, quality is the best. They really love what they do and it shows in their customer service and white glove service. You can go on the Two Steps website and see the entire catering menu with pricing, I like that they don't hide anything.

Hope you are able to work with your pricing!
  • I (re)met Dave from David Alan catering at a charity benefit this past spring. I went to high school with him. He's out of Watertown. His food was delicious and as we were talking he said that if I were to go with a place that needed an independent caterer he has and is willing to work with almost any budget. I'd look into him.
    October 2014 Brides - July Siggy Challenge: Cakes
  • I'm using Catering By Christine and they were really great about working with me to meet my budget.(which is also very small)

Check them out
  • any one get a quote from or ever work with Carl Anthony Catering out of monroe?

• We absolutely LOVE Carl Anthony's we go once a month, one of our favorite places!!
    Second, I used their catering for several work functions and it was amazing, tons of raves as expected. Great quality & pricing!
  • We had coastal gourmet and they were fantasic! Very flexible and we used them though our venue & 4 hours open bar, sit down dinner & cake was under 100/person. Highly recommend them. Food was delicious and they were so willing to work with us. We had our tasting and didn't like the sauce on the salmon. When I asked them what else they could do they threw out like 10 other suggestions which I was really impressed about.
  • We booked with Grand Gourmet out of Newhaven. Felix is extremely flexible and the creativity of the food is unbelievable (we now visit his restaurant once a month to eat!)
    We have over 130 people, open bar, incredible dessert station, a late snack bar for the guests, intermezzo and a plated dinner all under 10k!

Good luck!
  • Do you have a contact number for Grand Gourmet? Their website seems to be down :(
  • . Call Felix at Grand Gourmet 203-996-6426.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards