New Jersey
Options

Venue dropped out....HELP

Hey guys

I had my venue at Basking Ridge Country Club booked since a few months after I got engaged (April of last year).  Unfortunately, they are closing and will not be able to accomodate our March 2014 wedding date.  Although we still have a lot of time, I am in a panic and need recommendations for venues in a hurry!

I went with Basking Ridge because the ceremony space was exactly what I wanted (open, airy field).  While I understand that's going to be hard to find, I would like recommendations for other woodsy, nice venues.  Please help!

Perona Farms is on my list, and I have already looked at Davids, Lake Valhalla and some others.  Can you please give me some more ideas?!?!  ANYTHING would help at this point!

Thank you!!!

Re: Venue dropped out....HELP

• Options
    jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I'm really sorry to hear that they are closing.  I had my shower there and it was really lovely.

We considered them as a wedding venue but ultimately went with Ravello's in East Hanover, which has a nice outdoor ceremony space.  So does Primavera in Stirling.  Both of those are similar price-wise to BRCC.

Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    were doing davids, and they have been AMAZING to work with... I went to a wedding at perona and everything went off with out a hitch. You have great choices on your list.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Some places we looked at that you might want to check out were Brooklake Country Club, Indian Trail Club, and Neshanic Valley Golf Course. We weren't crazy about Indian Trail or Neshanic, but figured I'd throw them out there since everyone's wish lists are different!
    Valerie512
  • Options
    I have been to two weddings at lake vahalla and the grounds are just beautiful!
  • Options
    Check out the Knoll West in Parsippany.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Consider Farmstead in Andover; just a bit further north of Perona Farms.
  • Options
    In Response to Venue dropped out....HELP:
    [QUOTE]Hey guys I had my venue at Basking Ridge Country Club booked since a few months after I got engaged (April of last year).  Unfortunately, they are closing and will not be able to accomodate our March 2014 wedding date.  Although we still have a lot of time, I am in a panic and need recommendations for venues in a hurry! I went with Basking Ridge because the ceremony space was exactly what I wanted (open, airy field).  While I understand that's going to be hard to find, I would like recommendations for other woodsy, nice venues.  Please help! Perona Farms is on my list, and I have already looked at Davids, Lake Valhalla and some others.  Can you please give me some more ideas?!?!  ANYTHING would help at this point! Thank you!!!
    Posted by jademestiza[/QUOTE]

Closing??   For renovations or for good?

• Options
    I am so sorry to hear this! My bridal shower was held at Primavera Regency in Sterling, which was beautiful. If you still want to go with the country club feel, Fiddler's Elbow in Bedminster is awesome! There is also Trump National and Hamilton Farms, which I hear do wonderful weddings. My wedding is at the Park Savoy, which has been spot on so far. 

I hope this helps. Good luck!! 
  • Options
    Skyview in Sparta http://www.skyviewgolf.com/  looks like it has a nice open field for a ceremony.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    THANK YOU GUYS you have all been a great help :) I will definitely look into all of these!
  • Options
    In Response to Re: Venue dropped out....HELP:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Venue dropped out....HELP : Closing??   For renovations or for good?
    Posted by JoanE2012[/QUOTE]

Closing, FOR GOOD!  The country club is having legal issues and has chosen to not renew the catering companies' contract :(
  • Options
    I'm really sorry this has happened! Meadow Wood has the same parent company as Basking Ridge/Fair Winds. If you aren't totally put off at the idea, you may want to look into that venue and see if they can honor your contract and deposit?
  • Options
    After seven months of searching for a venue, we chose Rocye Brook Golf Club in Hillsborough, NJ. They have been wonderful!

Depending on your wedding date, they accommodate events in their 'highlander pavilion' which is a big tent out on the greens.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Perona Farms has excellent weddings and the food is delicious! I definitely reccomend it!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit Fall.weddings.com
  • Options
    Perona Farms has excellent weddings and the food is delicious! I definitely reccomend it!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit Fall.weddings.com
  • Options
    You can try the Grand Colonial in Hampton NJ - near Clinton/Lebanon. Went there yesterday and they were very accommodating and might have your date available.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Venue dropped out....HELP:
    [QUOTE]Some places we looked at that you might want to check out were Brooklake Country Club, Indian Trail Club, and Neshanic Valley Golf Course. We weren't crazy about Indian Trail or Neshanic, but figured I'd throw them out there since everyone's wish lists are different!
    Posted by vnmazzola[/QUOTE]

There is a barn in Holmdel, cant remember the name....but very rustic.   GL
  • Options
    I'm having mine at the Clubhouse at Gallopping Hills.  Brand new with golf course views. It's beautiful. - http://www.gallopinghillgolfcourse.com/
  • Options
    My shower is at the clubhouse at Gallopping Hills in about 3 weeks.
  • Options
    I don't think the country club itself is closing. Nor do I think they're going to stop having events there. They're probably just going to get a new catering company in there... and probably charge more money.
  • Options
    would love to hear what you think when you get to that point.
  • Options
    Have you looked at any of the Crystal Springs Resort golf clubs? Ballyowen or Black Bear might fit the bill for you. Best of luck!

http://www.crystalgolfresort.com/Content/Article.aspx?SID=2&CID=183&AID=441
  • Options
    Went to a great wedding at Royce Brook!
  • Options
    Farmstead Golf and Country Club

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards