Wedding Party

Flower girl/ JR Bridesmaid- Money issue

So, in the beginning my fiances parents (the Jr bridesmaids and flower girls grandparents) were supposed to pay for the Jr bridesmaids and flower girl dresses. Recently his father has taken a turn for the worst health wise and is in the hospital. I need to order the dresses this week so the dresses will come in on time. I don't want to bother them with this. Because it is more important to focus on his health. I was going to pay for it but its an unexpected cost almost $300.00 and we were already on a budget. Should I take the money away from another aspect of the wedding? I am kind of lost at this point. Because of his fathers health i thought about postponing the wedding by my fiance does not want to. And if we cancel we loose all of the deposit money. Any help on this please?

Re: Flower girl/ JR Bridesmaid- Money issue

• What about switching to different dresses that don't have as much lead time or are cheaper? 

For our flower girl, we figured any white dress would really work, so we just planned to find a cute white dress Easter dress (hopefully on sale or after Easter clearance).  Then we ordered a sash to match bridesmaid dress color. 

For our jr. bridesmaid, we decided that it wouldn't be a total disaster if her dress didn't exactly match other bridesmaids. Nobody will care, or probably even really notice, that she doesn't match.  It's not uncommon for jr. bridesmaids to have different dresses than the adults anyway, since the adult styles aren't always appropriate for kids. Plus, we didn't want to spend a lot of money on a dress she will grow out of so quickly.  So, for her we also plan to just buy something off the rack at a store, as it gets closer to wedding (we don't want to buy too early and have her outgrow it before wedding). Our color is navy blue, so we should be able to find something close to color other bridesmaids are wearing. And if it's not an exact match, that's fine with us too.  Most likely we will be the only ones that would even notice.  We figure the kids having different clothes than adults will probably just looked planned to everyone else, rather than just buying what was cheap. And it should look fine in photos too. 

• I'm sorry to hear about your FI's father.

I would go cheaper too. We're planning on buying clearance dresses after Easter as well. Target has flower girl dresses as do a bunch of other retailers. Then, either buy the matching sash or, if that's too pricey, simply find some thick ribbon in the same color. Easy!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Great idea. Thank you. Will defiantly check Target and Kohl s. lucky enough colored sashes are only lie $10.00.
  • gemi17 said:
    Great idea. Thank you. Will defiantly check Target and Kohl s. lucky enough colored sashes are only lie $10.00.
    I'm glad you chose to look into this option. I swear by Kohl's children clothes, their prices are usually reasonable, especially when you add in their sales and coupons, which they almost always have circulating. Sears, Marshall's, and H&M are also popular choices with my friend's with kids.
  • Depending on when you're getting married and what your colors are, I would suggest going shopping after Easter. If we had a flower girl, I would have been telling her mom to go out after Easter and buy a pretty yellow dress on sale.
  • Good luck with finding new dresses. And I agree with your FI not to delay the wedding if you can avoid it. This way his father may have a chance to attend it and see his son get married which I'm sure would bring him lots of happines..
  • AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2014
    Simply Fated is back!  Hooray!

I have missed you, lady!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Ended up getting flower girl dress at Burlington Coat Factory for $16.99
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards