Arizona-Phoenix

Inexpensive Ceremony and Reception Venue in Phoenix, AZ??

My fiancé and I are on a budget, does anyone know a decent place (avoiding the ghetto area's :) ) to have a ceremony and reception on In Glendale, Peoria, Central/West Phoenix, Paradise Valley Area (not the town of PV)?  Thank you in advance!

Re: Inexpensive Ceremony and Reception Venue in Phoenix, AZ??

• edited December 2011
    My friend got married at either Holiday Inn or Radisson in Central Phoenix. I can't remember since the 2 are so close.  They spent less than $5000 for the whole wedding and it was way nicer than I expected. I can get the details if you want. 
  • livv22livv22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your budget for the venue? Outdoor/indoor? How many people?
    I've been doing the venue hunt thing for hours every day, so I've got fairly good idea depending on what your budget is, hopefully I can help!

Planning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
    October '12 Feb. Siggy: Cake! Only square, and with less sticking-out of branches, and with some fresh flowers.
    Image475x475
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our wedding and reception at Windstar Gardens in Peoria. For 150 people both ceremony and reception is $4000.00. Includes linens, tables/chairs, and sub par centerpieces for that price. It is a thursday so the weekend would be a bit more expensive
  • edited December 2011
    @ liv22 I have also been doing some research on the internet for outdoor wedding venues in the evenings. Its not easy and I have a small budget but I am determined to make it work Phoenix, 150 ppl March 2012 Outdoor wedding/reception. If any info please let mew know thank you.
  • livv22livv22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We''ve decided on Pinnacle Vista Villa. We haven't booked yet but we're heading down (we live in Flag) first weekend of August to visit and put the deposit down. It's beautiful and they are fantastic people. Their prices are around $2000 for 100 people, ish. 
    Venue at the Grove is also fairly affordable, although it was a little much for us.
    Inside the Bungalow is ADORABLE and extremely low priced - $1500 - but they wouldn't allow us to bring in our own alcohol which is a necessity for us. 
    The Secret Garden was also low priced and includes a lot if you're looking for an inclusive venue.
    In addition to all of these, a few of the State Parks allow wedings - Boyce Thompson is a beautiful setting for one - but you usually need to bring in more of your own stuff and there are more restrictions. But the prices can't be beat, usually $25-$200, although Boyce is I think $1000 but they include tables and chairs. 
    I'd reccommend contacting people and asking them if they can work inside your budget. Some people are really flexible and willing to work with you (although some people are kind of rude about it, don't let it discourage you). Don't be afraid to ask what they can do within your budget and how low they can go if they can't accommodate that. 
    Good luck! 

October '12 Feb. Siggy: Cake! Only square, and with less sticking-out of branches, and with some fresh flowers.
    Image475x475
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone!!  I would like to stay under $7k, $5k would even be better.  We would like to keep the guest under 50 people, 100 max.  I would like an outdoor wedding and reception, but I thought about AZ weather being so crazy sometimes, do some of these places have a backup indoor space if it rains?  I know the hotels do, but from what I see online at these wedding venues everything seems to be outside.
  • livv22livv22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Venue at the Grove will fit in your budget nicely, and has an indoor option. So does Pinnacle Vista Villa. The Farm at South Mountain may be in that price range - I don't remember exactly. Regale! has indoor and outdoor, and is fairly inexpensive. The Arizona Historical Society is also beautiful.
    Hopefully this helps!

Image475x475
  • sooner365sooner365 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i am getting married 3/22/2102 @ Regency Garden in Mesa... our budget is $7500 for 53 ppl total including FI myself and feeding the DJ... a thursday is 3,000 but includes ceremony music, outdoor gardenceremony/inside garden reception,tables,chairs,linens,floral centerpieces (thru their florist) its beautiful! Check out the website! I booked a great DJ thru who they go through for $495!
  • sooner365sooner365 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    and just in case it rains, backup indoors:)  you get the "garden feel" inside too! i wanted all mine outside but got goosebumps when i walked in, twinkle lights,candles and all, very romantic! outside are the lights too! They are having an Open House tomorrow night from 6-8 which you can meet all the vendors as well!
  • edited December 2011
    Starpointe Residents Club in Estrelly Mountain Ranch is extemely affordable and they are super nice!  We looked at having it there but decided to rent a private home instead (which is also super affordable!).  The only problem with Starpointe is you need to have a resident sign for you in order to have your wedding there.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Noah's in Chandler! They are awesome! Beautiful outdoor patio that seats 150 people for a ceremony and the indoor reception area is very nice as well! Very classy and clean facility! You bring your own vendors too! So you're not forced into using a caterer you don't want! Their website is: www.mynoahs.com!! Good luck!
  • HELP! I'm on a REAL budget I need to find a reasonably priced venue. guest list 100 or less, my goal is to do as much of the "little things" as possible myself i.e. center pieces, tables, invitations, etc. the wedding is this november so i have a little time, but I'm freaking out because ive been looking online for "cheap wedding venues" but everything is like 5000 and more just for the venue not even food! if anyone can help I would appreciate it greatly
  • edited February 2013
    I'm in the exact same boat.. Very very limited budget. I just started the search. If I come across and great deals I'll let you know. Please do the same! They have to exist! :
  • Ok I,m looking for an inexpensive wedding location also. Looking for lush outdoor place that's not going over 10k. I have my own minister and DJ and need something nice that's not going to clean out the wallet. Any suggestions let me know.
  • I am with you. I have been searching around for an inexpensive venue to have my wedding and reception at. Haven't been successful yet. We are getting married on January 25, 2014.
  • kstephens7164kstephens7164 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2013
    Hey everyone,
    I have been shopping around for a while. The most reasonable place I have found so far, includes food/cake
    http://www.evrc.net/  Estrella Vista Reception Center. They will do the ceremony and reception. Indoor or outdoor!
    One of the packages even includes the limo
    Around $3,400-$4,000

Hope this helps!! Good Luck all! and congrats!
  • I'm on a real budget as well, we are looking at 3000-4000 for a mid morning brunch wedding May of 2014. We have about 50 guest. We have just started planing but have been looking at the state parks like Lost Dutchman, a park on 59th ave and mountainview, and we requested into for the Japanese friendship garden. Were still going to look around to see if there is historical homes, barns or stuff like that for rent that allow you to bring in your own food. Also were using our ipod no dJ;-
  • We are looking at a sept brunch wedding :) I've been researching barns and farm houses. We are trying to stay under $5,000 because the grooms family is traveling from the east coast. Any ideas??
  • We are doing the Fruit Packing Shed at Sahuaro Ranch Park. We are Glendale residents but the entire rental for 5 hours is $700. It is a cute rustic venue. You can bring your own beer and food. It only realistically will hold about 75 to 80 people if you want a dance floor. It really is a make it as casual and simple as you want or as big and grand as you want kind of venue.
  • We just went and met with the lady today about having the ceremony in the rose garden! We are meeting with the lady next week about the reception. I thought it was all one person that was in charge! 

Have you looked at the Packing Shed yet? What all is included? AND is there A/C or anything?
  • Yes we have looked at it a couple times.....It includes the table and chairs but not linens...they have square and round table options. There is a large commercial fridge but no real "kitchen" per se. We are doing the ceremony in the smaller room or outside under the patio of the shed if weather permits and the reception in the larger room to save money. Yes they have a/c and heat and allow you to either do catering and drinks through a company or on your own. They only have one rental a day so you do not have to worry about overlapping or getting someone else's dirty space. Good Luck! Just a word of caution...Stephanie is super sweet and nice BUT she only works part time so make a list of your questions and get them answered because if you think of some after you leave it may be a couple of days until she works again and gets back to you.
  • Hi Ladies!

I'm also looking for a very inexpensive venue. I would prefer North Phoenix, Paradise Valley, North Scottsdale, Cave Creek areas. I am thinking we will have around 150-200 guests and would like to stay under $5,000 if at all possible. Any advice anyone can offer. I have already requested some quotes from a couple other recommended venues in this post. Thank you for all your help!
  • I was at the Bridal Expo on Sunday and there is a brand new East Valley venue in Mesa called Superstition Manor. The package prices online look really good as do the pictures. It's purpose built.
    Here's a link to their website
    http://www.superstitionmanor.com/

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am also getting married in the rose garden!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you're on a budget and having 50 guests or less, check out Joseanne's Garden & Victorian Wedding Cottage. This is where I'm getting married!
    It's a beautiful little place and Rebecca, the owner, is absolutely wonderful.

www.myweddingcottage.com
  • edited August 2013
    If you have not found a place you might want to check out Russells Roost on South Mountain. That is where we are getting married and it was only $1,500 to rent the area which includes setup and cleanup. Also food starts at $25 a person which is not bad all the pricing is on there website which is nice too http://www.rustlersrooste.com/. The best thing is you can use your own vendors to help save you money, that is what we are doing. Good Luck!
  • edited August 2013
  • So, we have a major situation...

We want to get married on Saturday October 11, 2014 (1 day before our anniversary)

Budget $5,000.00 and a guest count of 150 

Venue we wanted is now under construction.......

The photographer cant hold the date passed this weekend  (Jan 18-Jan19)

My fiancé, my mom, and I have been searching up and down the internet and everywhere else we could possibly think of, and were coming up empty handed...for everything.... I am looking for a venue that can do both the ceremony and reception. catering would be nice(if its less than 20$pp) needs to include tables linens chairs setup and clean up. I have already paid for and started to make our center pieces(so if they allow that it'd be a plus). outside vendors welcome(if possible) we would like the venue to be located north of the air port area (I.E. Glendale, Avondale, Peoria, Bell(ish area) Deer Valley) Nice yet cheap, NOT GHETTO.

If you have any references for some of these things too it would be very much appreciated....

D.J.

possible Carter/Alcohol

Minister

• We have a venue for Noahs in November around $5400 for 150 people. Outside vendors needed: catering, photography, cake, and dj. My daughter might consider selling her venue for $1400.00 which gives you $1400.00 credit at Noahs of she can't change it. My question is $5400 too high for a venue of 150 and where would I advertise if they had to sell? This is the whole building rental which includes game room. Thank you so much for your help.
  • We have a venue for Noahs in November around $5400 for 150 people. Outside vendors needed: catering, photography, cake, and dj. My daughter might consider selling her venue for $1400.00 which gives you $1400.00 credit at Noahs of she can't change it. My question is $5400 too high for a venue of 150 and where would I advertise if they had to sell? This is the whole building rental which includes game room. Thank you so much for your help.

Reason she might have to sell is fiancée might be getting shipped out. US Marine.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards