Not Engaged Yet

WR: song ideas + one tiny little vent

I'm only 9 days out from the big day ladies. 9 DAYS! I'm getting so excited now I can hardly stand it.

I'm pretty darn organized and I'm feeling great about everything. I finally decided to have my brother walk me down the aisle, and I'm so happy with my choice! He will keep me happy and smiling...and hopefully get me down the aisle ugly cry-free. My brother ROCKS!

He's also graciously offered to share a brother/sister dance with me! The only thing I haven't figured out yet is what song to dance to. Obviously none of the "traditional" songs apply since we're siblings. Any ideas gals? I don't care if it's goofy or serious, slow or more up-beat. We're just going to have fun with it.

ok - now for my 1 little vent. Apparently FI's aunts have decided to throw a baby shower for one of the cousins on the Thursday night we all get into town for the wedding. I'm a little bummed that they are basically demanding we attend. (i've received texts from all the aunts this week - pushy much?) Trust me, this is NOT an "everything has to be about me" complaint AT ALL. We are driving 7 hours that day and it will be the last night FI and I have to really get some sleep before the onslaught of family and events. We were both really hoping to hit a local brew pub for dinner and then hit the sack early. I also just found out this is a "gift card" shower...they literally gave us a list of stores to purchase gift cards from. This is not the mama-to-be's first kiddo (her daughter is one of our flower girls), so i'm surprised they're doing a shower anyway. I know it's probably just an excuse to get everyone together for the first night, but I have my side of the family in town too. I would feel terrible saying anything so we'll probably stop in for a little bit, give our gift and then mosey on...but I'm feeling judgy and just a little miffed about the whole thing.

Re: WR: song ideas + one tiny little vent

• song ideas:  "You've Got a Friend in Me", "Whenever You Remember" (Carrie Underwood), "Lean On Me"...  if I think of anymore I'll post them.

I would also be a little annoyed at that situation, but I think just stopping in for a few minutes is a good compromise.  :)

I can't believe your wedding is so close...  and your surprise HM!  my HM was also a surprise, except we found out like the week before so I'd know what to pack.  I knew it was in the U.S., but that's all.  I think it's so much fun that way.  congrats again!!
  • I second You've Got a Friend in Me.

• CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited June 2013
    Ditto "You've Got a Friend in Me" . . .that would be so sweet!

ETA: WTFBBQ 9 DAYS!!!!
  • edited June 2013
    @CocoBellaF - I love that the HM is a surprise! I know it's a beach, so that's pretty easy to pack for. We're bringing all our snorkel gear and my mom is letting us borrow her underwater camera, so I'm hoping to see some amazing fishes! I love "you've got a friend in me"! That may be a contender!! I'lll have to listen to the Carrie Underwood song - I'm sure i'd know it if I heard it, but I don't recognize the title.
  • "To Sir With Love"?

Rascal Flats- My Wish

I would be a little miffed about the baby shower situation too.  My sympathy.

• "You've Got A Friend In Me" would be awesome.
  • We are family by sister sledge
    Dance little sister by Terrence Trent d'arby
    Brothers and sisters by coldplay
  • I third the vote for "You've got a friend in me!"  

I would be really annoyed about the baby shower too, especially since it's not her first child.  

9 DAYS!  Wow! I'm so excited for you!  

Your surprise honeymoon sounds awesome!  Gah I can't wait to see pictures of your wedding. 
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Eek!  9 days!!!!  So excited for you.

What about "Have a Little Faith" by Michael Franti?
    photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I can't believe that you only have 9 days left! Omg, that's so exciting! Do you have any thing left to do?

How about "Lean On Me" by Bill Withers?
  • 9 DAYS!  holy cow that snuck up.  I love all of the recommendations already given so I have nothing to add other than SQUEE you're getting MURRIED and having a surprise honeymoon (way better than a surprise wedding)!!!

• @mymissingpuzzlepiece - I don't have too much. We just need to pack a couple boxes. I have a couple small errands to run. Then just PRAY that everything fits in our cars. Cross your fingers for us!!!

@LivLeighton - I'm so glad you understand my little vent. I love this cousin like crazy...and I know the shower is nothing she's asked for...so not going would be awful. I just don't understand how the aunts think anything about it is appropriate. When it comes down to it though, they're doing it out of love. Right or wrong, they have good intentions.

@doubleSS07 - I have no idea how i'd react to a surprise wedding, but I know it wouldn't be pretty! Surprise honeymoon is WAY more exciting to me.

• I was going to say I'll Stand By You, but then I remembered the beginning is kind of sad.  I picked that for my brother at my Sweet 16 (obviously I'm not picking wedding songs quite yet haha), but I guess I had the option there to start after the miserable first verse...at least I hope I did that--I can't remember!

What about one of these:
    My Wish - Rascal Flatts
    Lean On Me
    I Hope You Dance - Leann Womack

I also really like You've Got a Friend in Me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Fingers are crossed!! I hope you have the most beautiful day.
  • Yay 9 days! I really like the song "You've got a friend" too.

Anniversary

• @allusive007 - I can't believe your wedding is so close!!! That's so exciting! I know it will be amazing :) I'd be annoyed about the shower too, I understand their thinking behind it but still.

• I also think You've Got a Friend in Me would be really sweet:3 I also liked @IrishDreamer's suggestion, Brothers and Sisters by Coldplay.
    Congrats on the approaching big day! The baby shower thing is kind of ridiculous, but kudos on handling it with grace and finding a good compromise! It's so cool that you're doing a surprise HM! 
  • If you want something fun and upbeat, you could go with "Ain't no Mountain High Enough." I like the other ideas too!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards