New Jersey

Park Ridge Marriott vs. Woodcliff Lake Hilton

Hi ladies - I'm a Seasons bride trying to decide booking a block of rooms at either the Park Ridge Marriott or the Woodcliff Lake Hilton. From what I understand, both offer a shuttle to Seasons (which is great for guests). I just wanted to see if any of you fabulous brides used either of these for your wedding and if so, which did you choose and why? Was there a big price difference, etc.?

Also, did anyone book a suite at either of these hotels to get ready? I'm thinking about doing that... any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

Re: Park Ridge Marriott vs. Woodcliff Lake Hilton

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_park-ridge-marriott-vs-woodcliff-lake-hilton?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:511797b2-ccce-4500-9d05-a6b31f1aa4efPost:3e1452d8-7665-4d86-8cdc-62decf4bf504">Park Ridge Marriott vs. Woodcliff Lake Hilton</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies - I'm a Seasons bride trying to decide booking a block of rooms at either the Park Ridge Marriott or the Woodcliff Lake Hilton. From what I understand, both offer a shuttle to Seasons (which is great for guests). I just wanted to see if any of you fabulous brides used either of these for your wedding and if so, which did you choose and why? Was there a big price difference, etc.? Also, did anyone book a suite at either of these hotels to get ready? I'm thinking about doing that... any advice would be greatly appreciated! 
    Posted by SMClark23[/QUOTE]

You could block off rooms off at both to give guests a choice. Every invitation I've ever received had at least 2 options. 

FI and I stay at the Park Ridge Marriott all the the time when we visit NJ (we now live in Buffalo, NY, but are getting married in NJ). It is nice. Nothing special, but exactly what you'd expect from a full Marriott. The rooms have always been clean and had ample room. There is an Aveda salon so if some of your guests want to get their hair done, they can do it right on site. The gym is above average.
  • edited February 2013
    I am also getting married at seasons and blocked rooms at the courtyard in Montvale. It's been renovated recently, the staff, Amy, has been extremely helpful, they offer a shuttle, there's a great restaurant in the hotel, we get a free room with 10 rooms booked and a free suite with 20 rooms booked. I would recommend checking them out.
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i google both locations and i like woodcliff lake better.
  • I'm using the Woodcliff Lake Hilton. I've stayed there before and I think it's a little better than the other option that the Seasons offers. They are very easy to work with. My wedding at the Seasons ends at 1am and the Hilton is going to keep the bar open later than normal for us.
  • My office is right by there and both are our preferred hotels.  The Marriott is a much nicer hotel; fresher rooms, prettier lobby, etc.  But the Hilton tends to have better service.  Either would be a good choice.
  • I got married at Seasons and we used the Woodcliff Lake Hilton.  We had a day wedding so the night before we rented 2 bedroom suites for each the girls and guys to stay and get ready in.  The bar was a great option for everyone to get together after since the wedding ended early. 

My 2 complaints:  1. It was difficult to get in touch with the person I was coordinating with.  I often worked with her assistant, who in my opinion, was way better anyway.  2. There was miscommunication between our coordinator and the front desk for the room H and I stayed in the night of the wedding.  Contract said king + middle suite area but front desk said king room only.  Turns out we got charged for the suite anyway that we didn't even use!  They would not refund us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_park-ridge-marriott-vs-woodcliff-lake-hilton?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:511797b2-ccce-4500-9d05-a6b31f1aa4efPost:9549b08b-467a-41b6-90f8-e064328f7cd6">Re:Park Ridge Marriott vs. Woodcliff Lake Hilton</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am also getting married at seasons and blocked rooms at the courtyard in Montvale. It's been renovated recently, the staff, Amy, has been extremely helpful, they offer a shuttle, there's a great restaurant in the hotel, we get a free room with 10 rooms booked and a free suite with 20 rooms booked. I would recommend checking them out.
    Posted by tee0715[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I absolutely will! You'll have to report to me after your wedding and let me know how everything went lol I love hearing from other Seasons brides. Mine isn't until September 2014 so I still have a year and a half left!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_park-ridge-marriott-vs-woodcliff-lake-hilton?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:511797b2-ccce-4500-9d05-a6b31f1aa4efPost:046b7a29-31a8-4bf0-b435-9a25ced61eba">Re: Park Ridge Marriott vs. Woodcliff Lake Hilton</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got married at Seasons and we used the Woodcliff Lake Hilton.  We had a day wedding so the night before we rented 2 bedroom suites for each the girls and guys to stay and get ready in.  The bar was a great option for everyone to get together after since the wedding ended early.  My 2 complaints:  1. It was difficult to get in touch with the person I was coordinating with.  I often worked with her assistant, who in my opinion, was way better anyway.  2. There was miscommunication between our coordinator and the front desk for the room H and I stayed in the night of the wedding.  Contract said king + middle suite area but front desk said king room only.  Turns out we got charged for the suite anyway that we didn't even use!  They would not refund us.
    Posted by buttrflyah[/QUOTE]

<div>That's good to know, thank you! I would love to hear more about your experience with Seasons. I've been told nothing but good things but I still like to hear about former brides :)</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_park-ridge-marriott-vs-woodcliff-lake-hilton?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:511797b2-ccce-4500-9d05-a6b31f1aa4efPost:da692f70-b21f-4e51-8787-a1b49e9c584a">Re: Park Ridge Marriott vs. Woodcliff Lake Hilton</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm using the Woodcliff Lake Hilton. I've stayed there before and I think it's a little better than the other option that the Seasons offers. They are very easy to work with. My wedding at the Seasons ends at 1am and the Hilton is going to keep the bar open later than normal for us.
    Posted by Farynyk[/QUOTE]

<div>Ahhh good luck at your wedding! Mine still isn't for another year and a half (September 2014) but ours ends at 12:30 so it's good to hear that they'll keep the bar open late if we need it. Thank you :)</div>
  • I'm so happy I saw this post!  I'm getting married at Seasons June 2014 and need to choose an option as well!!! 
  • I am also getting married in the area and we looked at these hotels. We went with Woodcliff Lake. They could guarantee the bridal suite for 2 nights because they have so many suites, but the Marriott could not guarantee it until a month before. The brunch was also more reasonable at the Hilton. The Marriott required a high minimum for a private brunch. Hope this helps!
  • LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2013
    We used the Hilton. We liked that the rooms were newly renovated. The were a bit of a pain with the shuttles though and the Event Manager wasn't the friendliest person (but she's not there anymore).
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kap05kap05 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    SMClark23 said:
    Hi ladies - I'm a Seasons bride trying to decide booking a block of rooms at either the Park Ridge Marriott or the Woodcliff Lake Hilton. From what I understand, both offer a shuttle to Seasons (which is great for guests). I just wanted to see if any of you fabulous brides used either of these for your wedding and if so, which did you choose and why? Was there a big price difference, etc.?

Also, did anyone book a suite at either of these hotels to get ready? I'm thinking about doing that... any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

Did you make a decision on which hotel you'll be using? I've been thinking about visiting both of these locations to get more information and would love to hear what you think about them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So funny you should respond because my fiance and I visited both the Montvale Marriott and the Park Ridge Marriott on Saturday and honestly, I loved both of them lol They're both about 15 minutes away from Seasons and offer shuttles to and from the hotel for guests, which is awesome. We haven't gone to the Woodcliff Lake Hilton but I don't think I'm going to even bother.

The Montvale Marriott is a Courtyard and is fairly new with beautiful rooms! Standard guest rooms for a wedding block cost $129 per night and a suite is $225 per night. The Park Ridge Marriott is older but has a spa, a beauty salon, an indoor pool and was more expensive - $150 per night for a standard room and $350 per night for the bridal suite.

I believe the Courtyard Marriott offered a free standard room for the bride and groom with 10 rooms blocked and the Park Ridge Marriott was 15-20 rooms. I still haven't decided between the two, but both were great! 
  • kap05kap05 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Awesome. Thanks for responding :) Did you make an appointment or did you just walk in?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just visited the Park Ridge Marriott and the Woodcliff Lake Hilton on Tuesday. I had an appointment for the Marriott, no one from the Hilton got back to me so I just walked in.  The rooms were nice at both. Marriott's lobby is very nice. Both had bars that are open until 2am on Saturdays. Marriott is charging $150 per night with shuttle service (which I felt was a tad high) and the hospitality suite is $350 (also high especially with a 3 pm check in!). Breakfast is not included with either one. Marriott is $19 and Hilton is $17 per person. The person that showed me around at the Hilton could not give me prices as the event manager could not be located so he is supposed to get back to me.  Oh and Marriott provides shuttle with 10 rooms booked, the Hilton girl wasn't sure but she thought it was 20...
  • We used the Hilton and I believe the shuttle was complimentary with 10 rooms booked too unless they changed it. I also think the room block price was $135/night.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We made appointments, but I would advise not to make an appointment on a Saturday (like we did). Most of the suites and rooms are full, so we could only see certain ones. They recommended that we come back during the week if we want to see the suites and stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards