Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Pittsburgh DJs?

Hi, I have a question about DJs in Pittsburgh; and it may not be super-tactful, but here goes. How much are DJs supposed to cost? They all seem to be graded by $ and  to $$$$. My fiance and I recently met with one that seems really fantastic, but we're a little hesitant to hire them because their fee is nearly $3,000. I want someone who will do a great job, but that seems excessive to me. Any ideas? 

Re: Pittsburgh DJs?

• Try posting this on your local board.  On the right side of the page, go to Choose Another Board and select Local Wedding Boards, then click Go.  You will be able to select your local board from the results.  Good luck!
  • Our wedding is in Pittsburgh. I shopped for about a month before i decided on a DJ. Party Time Productions is WAY OVER PRICED. A girlfriend of mine used them and they did a good job, but not for the price that was paid. For my wedding they wanted to charge $4000 for 5 hours of music and up-lighting with a monogram...

For our wedding we went with Entertainment Tonight. Tracy will be our DJ (he also owns the business). He is super ultra helpful.. He will make sure to include any traditions you want at your reception and go over every detail. We moved out of state last month and he met with us many times to ensure everything was worked out before we left town. For 7 hours of music, up-lighting, dance floor lighting, and a monogram light we paid under $1400. 

• Our wedding is in Pittsburgh. I shopped for about a month before i decided on a DJ. Party Time Productions is WAY OVER PRICED. A girlfriend of mine used them and they did a good job, but not for the price that was paid. For my wedding they wanted to charge $4000 for 5 hours of music and up-lighting with a monogram...

For our wedding we went with Entertainment Tonight. Tracy will be our DJ (he also owns the business). He is super ultra helpful.. He will make sure to include any traditions you want at your reception and go over every detail. We moved out of state last month and he met with us many times to ensure everything was worked out before we left town. For 7 hours of music, up-lighting, dance floor lighting, and a monogram light we paid under $1400. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards