October 2013 Weddings

Bridesmaids dresses

We've all shown off our own dresses... now I'm curious about what your bridesmaids are going to be wearing! Show pictures! Where did you get them from? Are they all matching, or not?

Re: Bridesmaids dresses

• I have 7 bridesmaids, and they all will be wearing the dress below - Bill Levkoff 676 in Glacier.

It was the sample color, and we chose the dress before a color. As each girl tried on the sample, they all said (at different times, on different trips to the store) - "I actually really like this color."

Worked for us - Tiffany blue is one of my favorite colors, so I was happy! And I was glad they were happy as well. All of my girls are slim (and a few 5'10" and over) . It was flattering on everyone. One bridesmaid is also pregnant and the high waist works well for her.
    676.jpg 232.4K
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• I picked a convertible dress.  This way they can wear it how they like, and will maybe wear it again.  Obviously it won't have the purple tank top, as our colors are cobalt blue and hunter green, but she was just showing different ways to wear it.  She found this one for $30 at Target.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • archerstararcherstar member
    First Comment
    edited June 2013
    I have 6 bridemaids (one of them is a jr. bridesmaid), they are all wearing different black satin cocktail length dresses, except for my MOH, hers will be long. All but one has ordered a dress, the last one is always a last minute person so I'm trying not to stress over it since the dress can easily be bought off the rack.
  • I have five bridesmaids and my fiance has three groomswomen. They're all choosing their own dresses in any fall colors.

• These are two of my three.  They will be in eggplant.  I picked the color and the girls decided together on a fabric and designer, all dresses being a different style. 
  • I have 6 bridesmaids and all my girls loved this dress and looks flattering on all the girls. they are all different sizes and looks good on all. we are adding a broach to the strap so its not so thick looking. :) i can't wait to see all my girls in this. color is Claret.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's so interesting seeing what everyone has chosen - all the styles are different and I like them all!

We are going with DB dresses in marine... each girl picked their own styles so they flatter each of the different body shapes.
  • I am only having my MOH and so far she likes a dress from Davids Bridal the most style F15555 in Marine...it's chiffon like my dress and has a similar style.

Jaenella - I liked the marine color too!  I told my MOH to pick what dress she wanted.  I want her comfortable I don't want to pick something that she's not into!
  • My girls are wearing this Jenny Yoo "Aidan" Dress in Plum. I love that the dress is convertible and can be worn a ton of different ways. It's a little bit more than I wanted them to spend, but we got a great deal from a Bridal Salon. Hopefully, they can wear it again.
  • cbattcbatt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Nicole0613- I just wore Jenny Yoo Aidan in my friend's wedding and we all LOVED it! 

My bridesmaids are wearing Donna Morgan Emily in Midnight! This dress is so light and airy I think it's really comfy. And it comes with a belt!image
  • here are my girls exact dresses- bill levkoff style 165 in plum

i love them! they will have bright orange gerbers with babys breath as their bouquets :)

165.jpg 102.5K
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My girls are wearing this dress in Coffee Bean and Copper for my MOH and FlowerGirl!! I love them and they look great, can't wait until they all come in.
  • My girls are wearing this Jenny Yoo "Aidan" Dress in Plum. I love that the dress is convertible and can be worn a ton of different ways. It's a little bit more than I wanted them to spend, but we got a great deal from a Bridal Salon. Hopefully, they can wear it again.
    Although the dress is pretty, I hate to say it, but they will never wear it again. That's  a myth in bridesmaid dresses. 

Again, I don't mean to sound rude, cause the dress is attractive - but I've never gone shopping and said, "Wow, I really want to wear a full length, solid plum dress."

Your girls will look great on the day of, but that's probably the last of that dress.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Style 7143 from Bridesmaids - Front

This is my sisters dress (I just have her). She picked it all on her own.  I told her black and to wear whatever she wanted. 
    S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • jessyk1065jessyk1065 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2013

@alisonmarie658I love that dress! I really liked that designer, but most of his dresses were short, and I really wanted to find long dresses for a fall wedding, since with Chicago weather it could be snowing for all we know (or 90 degrees...lol).

I had 10 bridesmaids (long story short, 1 had to drop out due to med school/no time and 1 is no longer with us...stupid cancer), and went shopping with all who live in state. I didn't necessarily care if they all wore the same dress or not, but ended up LOVING this Mori Lee dress once I saw it in person. All the girls who came with tried it on and liked it too, it looks great on everyone despite vastly different body types. I kind of wish I could wear it too, I may buy it off of someone after the wedding so I can wear it somewhere! Lol. The pic is of a model.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love seeing everone's choices!  I'm a fan of the one-shoulder look, though I think it looks funny on me. 

Incidentally, I have been able to choose the style of dress for two weddings I was in, and those are the two that I WANT to wear again.  I was able to wear one to a formal ball in New Orleans this past February, and I'm hoping to wear the other at another ball in the future.  Finding a place to wear a formal gown doesn't happen often, but you never know!

• I always hold onto my formal gowns...I've been able to recycle my bridesmaids dress 3 times!  I have worn it to two formal Christmas events and I loaned it out to a cousin for her senior prom several years back.  I keep them in good shape then when the local hospital or shelter has the dress events for the teens or whatever I donate them.
  • I've been in two weddings - one I never wore again and never would (it was NOT very nice looking); the other one I've worn several times! It was a convertible dress from two birds bridesmaid, and although I know lots of people on here don't like them, I loved that you could wear it again but totally change the way it looked by changing the straps, making it strapless etc.
  • So far, my MOH has her dress purchased.  She bought it at Ross, on sale, for...get this...$15.  That's right.  She compared it to the swatch from my dress, saw it matched my color (AA's Viola), and snapped it up.

My other BM (my sister), hasn't yet found one she likes.  She wants something with sleeves, not formal and floor length, but she just hasn't found one yet.

So yeah...no pics of the first one. 

• @jaenella That is why I picked the convertible dress!  One of my BM's keeps wearing hers and told me the other day she may have to get another one just for the wedding.  LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • All my dresses are Bill Levkoff in the pewter color.  My sister (MOH) is wearing the one with the jewels to stand out a bit, then 3 are wearing sweetheart neckline and the other 3 are wearing the straight across.  They were able to chose their own style as long as it was short, and they all chose the same 2! :)

Pics aren't uploading so the #'s are 323, 156 and 767 in case you wanna check them out ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey! Did you end up wearing the Marine dress? I am in a wedding and am looking to purchase a pre-owned f15555 in marine for the wedding. Thanks!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards