Students

10 Summer Favorites

Name your top 10 favorite things about summer!  Go!
1. Hiking in the mountains
2. Swimming in the lakes
3. Drinking Green Tea Lemonade 
4. Long days
5. Summer drives
6. Camping
7. Less stress
8. Laying outside and watching the stars
9. Picking blackberries
10. Making blackberry cobbler.  
"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

Re: 10 Summer Favorites

• 1. Camping
    2. Hiking
    3. Peach Iced Tea! (I drink it year round, but it's better in the summer)
    4. BBQ/Grilling
    5. Swimming
    6. Having less stress in my life
    7. Seeing less of the other TAs (We spend WAY too much time together during the school year)
    8. Rafting
    9. Getting to see BF more often
    10. More time to read for fun

• Oh I forgot reading Beth, but you are totally right.  Yay for more time with BF! 
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• elBecko said:
    I definitely kept a lot of these the same!

1. Camping
    2. Hiking
    3. Iced tea (unsweet)
    4. BBQ/Grilling
    5. Drinking outside (hah! but seriously)
    6. Having less stress in my life
    7. Actually getting enough sleep
    8. Bonfires
    9. Wearing cute skirts
    10. More time to read for fun
    Those are good ones! I cut out alcohol this summer to lose weight but usually I love a good mojito out on a patio or deck.

• Mine are going to be similar.  If I could, I would just say camping, hiking, and biking repeatedly, but I will find more.
    1.  Good biking weather!
    2.  Good hiking weather!
    3.  Good camping weather!
    4.  My bunny can run around for longer outside and has more dandelion leaves to nibble on.  Also, fresh hay!
    5.  Eating supper outside on the patio.  It doesn't even have to be bbq.
    6.  All the awesome old cars coming out of garages and being driven around on nice days.  Hello 1969 Mustang Fastback!
    7.  Reading outside under a tree.
    8.  Being able to hang the laundry outside to dry instead of using the dryer.
    9.  Summer movies! 
    10.  My FI finally starts wearing less clothes.  The man has an amazing body, and he still wears a shirt to the beach - sigh. 

• I love the reading outside one!  Good one!

Married! May 27th, 2012

• 1) Cookouts
    2) Swimming
    3) The beach
    4) Sunshine, aka looking like a tomato instead of a...really moldy strawberry (I can't think of any straight-up white foods at the moment, OK?)
    5) Summer classes :( Sike, I like to feel like I'm getting things done, even if they interrupt my playtime
    6) Hiking
    7) Fourth of July fireworks
    8) S'mores
    9) No school buses in my way in the morning!
    10) Knowing that Halloween is getting closer. Haha. I like summer well enough, but I LOVE fall.
  • @Amapola14 - I LOVE fireworks! I can't believe I left that off my list. My birthday is July 3 and when I was little I was convinced my birthday was a 2 day celebration and the fireworks were for me lol.

Also, fall is my absolute favorite season too! Summer is great but nothing beats fall :)

How many summer classes are you taking?

• @bethsmiles, dawwww, that is cute :) Yes, fireworks are awesome-sauce! I am really desperate to go to DC and see them there in the flesh (seems wrong not to since I live so close), but BF is literally terrified of big cities at night, so I'll have to round up a group of friends to go with me.

I am taking a fundamentals of nursing class. It's an 8-credit class crammed into ten weeks, so I'm losing my mind trying to keep up with it. I am currently taking a study break from the paper I'm writing. I am doing OK with it so far, but I feel like I haven't had enough Coronas yet to keep going ;)
  • @amapola14 - 8 credits in 10 weeks?! You are brave! I took a lot of summer classes for my undergrad but I tried to make sure they were easier so I didn't lose my mind over the summer.

• @bethsmiles, thanks for the edification - most would just call me insane! It's an accelerated program, otherwise I wouldn't really need to take summer classes at all. I am just sick of holding myself back by being in school, so I'm more than happy to give up Summers 2013-14 to get my degree. It's probably not the healthiest way to think of it, but lately I feel like my going back to school is keeping me (and BF, to an extent) from getting on with our lives and doing the other things we want to do. =/ 

But, I know this is the right career path for me, and I'll be done in 14 months. The independence and everything that goes with it will get here before I know it!
  • @amapola14 - I totally know what you mean about school keeping you from getting on with your lives. BF and I feel the same way sometimes. It can be really frustrating!

• CLoGreenEyesCLoGreenEyes member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    @bethsmiles, It is quite frustrating. But we are doing the right thing and accomplishing so much, so be proud of yourself! Hang in there, girlie, we'll be done before we know it. :)
  • 1. THE BEACH!!!!!
    2. Cookouts
    3. Amusement Parks
    4. Road trips
    5. Long trips
    6. Music/concerts(seems like artist put out their best stuff during the summer)
    7. Longer days
    8. Warm weather
    9. Fresh fruits and veggies!!
    10. THE FIRST SUMMER I'VE HAD SINCE HIGH SCHOOL WITHOUT CLASSES WOO HOO!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards