New York-New York City

George Street Photography and Videography

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has used George Street? So far they have been my favorite that I have met and they have a wonderful package. I was just curious if there are any other brides out there who have used or are planning to use them? Thanks!

Re: George Street Photography and Videography

• JoAnne1027JoAnne1027 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2013
    My girlfriend went to check them out but they didn't come across as that talented or experienced. YMMV.
  • I booked a George Street photographer for my wedding in October and so far everything has been great. We did our engagement shoot with him and he went above and beyond to get beautiful shots despite the fact that we insisted on doing it the week between Christmas and New Year's (in the freezing cold!). They are great about sending reminders and helpful tips and they are really easy to work with. They work with a ton of different photographers (and recommend three based on a quiz you take) so I'm not sure where the lack of experience/talent comment came from. 
  • I got so fed up with the George Street sales rep that I gave up on them. I explained to her numerous times that I wanted to see samples (blog posts, gallerys, etc) of photographers that would potentially be assigned to our wedding. She refused to give us the names/links until we had a consultation. I kept explaining that I didn't want to waste my time with a damn consultation until I saw a few samples of work. I don't know why that was so difficult and it really bothered me that they were so shifty about it. 
  • We had our engagement session with them a few weeks ago. The pictures came out wonderful. We are very happy with our photographer.
  • I heard good things about them, but decided on www.mybelovedwedandart.com  They had a more reasonable price and were very friendly, caring and efficient.  They will give us a free engagement shoot and free save the dates because we booked them this year for our wedding next fall.

• I got so fed up with the George Street sales rep that I gave up on them. I explained to her numerous times that I wanted to see samples (blog posts, gallerys, etc) of photographers that would potentially be assigned to our wedding. She refused to give us the names/links until we had a consultation. I kept explaining that I didn't want to waste my time with a damn consultation until I saw a few samples of work. I don't know why that was so difficult and it really bothered me that they were so shifty about it. 
    I completely agree with LavenderHoneyBee!!  I tried THREE times to book an appointment with them and they canceled on me ALL THREE TIMES! I finally went with a local photographer who was a little more expensive, but had great reviews from true friends who actually used him. Your video and your pictures are the only things you will have left after the wedding, do yourself a favor and ask REAL people about who they used!
  • The thing with places like George is you don't know who you'll get, is that right? They can't promise a specific person, things like that?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards