September 2014 Weddings

9/13/14

Hi girls!
Just wanted to make an official introduction on the board!
I am a 9/13/14 bride and couldn't be more excited. FI and I have been engaged for 4 years and have finally decided to hunker down and get this shin-dig planned!

So far our venue is booked and my girls have officially been asked! Although I feel like I've got tons of time, the reality is that time is already passing quickly and I'm feeling behind - haha!

I'm really having trouble picking my colors and I feel like if I could make that decision, I could really get the ball rolling on more decisions! I have 3 color combos that i love and feel like each is perfect for different reasons! Ugggh!!! Is anyone else having an issue deciding on wedding colors??!!

Well, I'm super excited to share my ideas/worries/excitement/etc. with all of you and can't wait to see everyone's dreams come into reality on their special days!!

Talk with you all soon!,
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 9/13/14

• Congrats!

I wavered between Sept 6 and Sept 13...and even though I'm not afraid of a little "bad luck", I decided the 6th would be a better way to go.
    I'm glad that you and I seem to be on the same page for officially planning things...so many people here seem to have EVERYTHING done, and quite honestly, I don't at all! We have a date planned and colors, and that's pretty much....it!
    What are your three color combos you've narrowed it down to? Maybe see what's available for those colors as far as dresses, flowers, etc, and figure out what might be easiest to find. Ask your fiance what he thinks too, of course. And maybe consider what might work better for the season!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats!!

No worries about the color scheme. Every time I saw a cute picture I would change my color scheme. So we each decided to pick a color and I let FI go first, which narrowed down which color scheme I would go for.

Now I'm just stuck on what my theme will be... You win some, you lose some =/
  • jnl0812jnl0812 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2013

Congrats!!

I'm getting married on Sept 13, 2014.  I haven't found a venue yet,but I know that I want an outdoor wedding. I have picked blue as one of my colors.

image.

[

• gab365gab365 member
    Congrats I am 9/13/14 bride as well. I have booked my venue and chosen my colors but that is it so far. The time is certainly flying by sooner than I thought.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • gab365gab365 member
    Congrats I am 9/13/14 bride as well. I have booked my venue and chosen my colors but that is it so far. The time is certainly flying by sooner than I thought.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats!!! im a 9/13/14 bride also!!! i have my venue booked, i have my colors down and ive booked my photographer. I have also have my BM, Matron of honor and Maid of honor!

• I will be a 9/13/14 bride too!! Nth is done. Already have a theme color in my mind, but gotta start looking for a venue. Good luck girls!
  • Another 9/13/14 bride here, got colors, photographer, favors set but not ordered, dress bought (but needs some alterations) maids picked and accepted, most of groomsmen set, and hope to be setting the venue in a week, just negotiating prices.  I'm excited and nervous for everything, but trying to keep focused on the excitement.  Time really is flying and I want to stay on top on everything; thank you Knot for your resource and tools!
  • Congratulations!!! I too am a 09/13/14 bride to be :)!! I have been engaged for a while as well. I will "pop the question" to my bridesmaids this coming Saturday at lunch.. I can't wait! I struggled a bit with my colors as well, i didn't want them to be too fall oriented but not too summery either. I settled on Black, Ivory and Sage. I love the colors together. What helped me was starting with my personal favorite color - black :-). Black sounds odd for a wedding but works very well for after 5p ceremonies. I knew that I wanted to wear an Ivory dress vs. a white one - so that was the next color, then I had to find a nice accent color... I was torn between yellow and sage... sage seems to work better with the ivory. I took me about a month (lol), my mom and sister jumped for joy when I finally figured it out. My suggestion for you is to not stress about it too much... you have time. What is your favorite color? would it clash with your venue? Start there... Best of luck to you!!

• Congratulations!!! I was a 9/13/14, but the place I wanted was out of my budget so now I am a 9/14/14. I have my colors but that is just about it, I keep procrastinating and need to figure out my next step. Good luck on the colors, so far one is blue! 
  • *does snoopy dance* i just booked our venue.. and 9-13-14 is is... 

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Another 9.13.14 bride here! Location booked but that's about it! Keeping it simple and (attempting at) stress free. 13 is both our favorite number so it just seemed right!
  • Yay, 9/13/14 here too! 

Venue (inclusive of many things and food/booze), photographer and DJ picked. Not much else to do until next spring I guess!

• I am 9-13-14 as well! I have our venue, dj, photographer, narrowed down to 2 caterers, (most) bridal party, and centerpeices almost done.. I feel ahead of the game, yet so far behind! I am a full time student and work close to full time, so I am assuming that is why!

I have always wanted a bright blue wedding, but my fiancee didn't agree (college rivalry, i am michigan and he is michigan sate :/). So I suggested going darker: navy it is! our accent colors are our two favorite colors: pink and orange. So far it is looking rather awesome!

My cousin chose brown and dark purple for her September wedding and it was beautiful as well! She loves purple and wine, so that was her "theme" and brown just kind of fit with those two things.

Hope this helps!
  • Wow!
    i'm 9/14/14 and haven't found a venue yet! we've been to a ton, but no cigar.
    I do have colors in mind....not sure about the theme. 
    I have DJs, favors, and my bouquet in mind.
    once we book the venue, I think things will become easier.

Good Luck to all. Looking fwd to hearing abt the planning stages!
  • Another 9/13/14 bride here. Looking for an affordable venue.  Any suggestions?  I'm so excited, but I know I need to pin down the venue as soon as we can. 

• I was also unsure about colors, so I just kept looking for individual elements that I liked.  My venue is a very old building, with lots of dark hardwood and green marble.  The event coordinator there pulled out these gorgeous navy blue tablecloths and (bam!) colors were born.  The navy looked so good in that room that I decided to go with navy blue bridesmaids dresses and have been planning from there.  Style inspiration can come in unexpected places!!
    photo a9462148-4aa2-44d9-90ce-7f8b4d94b393_zps20ae9070.jpg
  • I love navy blue and have the same idea as you.  Still looking for a venue hope to find one soon.
  • yep, navy blue is one of my colors as well! love it.

I'm probably gonna pair it with white and a splash of yellow.

• i'm doing blue with white with a bit of silver
  • my colors are purple, silver and pink 
    the day is coming too fast 

i think i found a bridemaid dress 
    now to find my dress 

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello fellow 9/13 brides :) I too am getting married on 9/13/14. We're planning a fall themed backyard upscale bbq reception after a water side out door ceremony. Colors are Chocolate brown, gold etc. Congrats to all of you...can't wait to get to know all of you while we plan our weddings together :) Karen
  • Hello fellow 9/13 brides :) I too am getting married on 9/13/14. We're planning a fall themed backyard upscale bbq reception after a water side out door ceremony. Colors are Chocolate brown, gold etc. Congrats to all of you...can't wait to get to know all of you while we plan our weddings together :) Karen

WTG!  Great minds think alike.  We're having our wedding aboard the Spirit Of Washington in DC.  It's where we met.  Colors are Royal Blue, White and Silver.  I can't wait!!!
  • awright65 said:

Hello fellow 9/13 brides :) I too am getting married on 9/13/14. We're planning a fall themed backyard upscale bbq reception after a water side out door ceremony. Colors are Chocolate brown, gold etc. Congrats to all of you...can't wait to get to know all of you while we plan our weddings together :) Karen
    WTG!  Great minds think alike.  We're having our wedding aboard the Spirit Of Washington in DC.  It's where we met.  Colors are Royal Blue, White and Silver.  I can't wait!!!
    ooh your in DC.. i wish i could do the Spirit of DC or Baltimore... *i live in bmore* 
    but i might push my SIL overboard lol so yeah... boat out of the question hehehe

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi!! I am super new to this site as well, found it about 2 weeks ago and I'm also a 9/13/14 bride woohoo!!

I have booked practically everything within 2 months of being engaged...got the venue, photographer, DJ, wedding party, my dress on order, just ordered centerpieces online, honeymoon is booked, guest list is finalized and save the dates are sent! However, I also don't have my color scheme picked yet hahaha. One bridesmaid keeps asking and I keep telling her I really don't know...I'm just going to see which dress on her catches my fancy and go from there!

• thedivav said:
    awright65 said:

Hello fellow 9/13 brides :) I too am getting married on 9/13/14. We're planning a fall themed backyard upscale bbq reception after a water side out door ceremony. Colors are Chocolate brown, gold etc. Congrats to all of you...can't wait to get to know all of you while we plan our weddings together :) Karen
    ooh your in DC.. i wish i could do the Spirit of DC or Baltimore... *i live in bmore* 
    but i might push my SIL overboard lol so yeah... boat out of the question hehehe

Now that's terrible...lol  but I know what you mean.  I can think of a few that may need a dip that day...hahahahaha

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards