Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Bridal party song ?

Are you having your bridal party dance to their own song at your wedding? What did you or are you going to choose? I am not sure yet need some ideas. Thanks 

Re: Bridal party song ?

• We didn't have dancing, but if we did, I would never have done that to our bridal party. Bridal party dances are often awkward and uncomfortable both for the bridal party and the guests. Please don't make them do that unless they indicate they would like it. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I agree with Addie. A few of the members of our BP are married or dating and their spouses/significant others aren't part of the BP, so we think it would just be awkward. FI's 12-year-old son is also a groomsman and he is very shy. We'd rather just let people dance if/when they want and with whomever they want, rather than forcing them into an uncomfortable situation. Towards the middle-end of our first dance, we will probably invite either just our parents or anyone who wishes to join us on the dance floor. 
  • another fan of please do not make your bridal party do a dance or dance together.  If you feel like you all want to do something, you can all pick a song you can ask your DJ to play at some point so you all can dance together on the floor with your other guests, but steer away from a choreographed dance or making the bridesmaids and groomsman dance together-- its awkward for them and its not fun to watch

Anniversary
  • cnorton3114cnorton3114 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2013
    A wedding party dance wasn't terribly awkward when I was party of a bridal party a couple years ago. My DF and I are planning on doing one for our wedding (after talking with our friends in the wedding party), but haven't solidified it yet or anything. If you're going to do one, some songs we're looking into include: 

In My Life by The Beatles -
    Friends by Elton John - and
    We Are Young by Glee Cast (originally Fun.) 

We want to celebrate our friendships with these people, and that's why we are planning it (so far). 
  • You can always do a bridal party dance, but have them each grab their signifigant others to dance with. It gets the dance floor going.
  • Since everyone in our bridal party (5 on each side) know each other, and 3 are couples, we are doing a bridal party dance. The only person who doesn't know anyone else is my MOH, but I've cleared it with her. We're going to use the Joe Cocker version of "With a Little Help From My Friends" since they are our closest friends and with everything that has happened to get us to this point in our lives, it fits. 
    ~*~June 21, 2014~*~

• Even though most of our wedding party are married couples I wouldn't pick a specific song for them to dance to, that's just my opinion
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards