Outdoor Weddings

What time do you think?

Hello All!

I am coordinating my best friend's destination wedding and need your advice!  She is getting married on January 8th, 2014 in Miami Beach, FL (we are from MN) on the beach. We just aren't sure what time it should take place at.  I looked online and it says that sunset is ~5:45pm.  There are only 5 guests and it is a vacation for all of us so we don't need to worry about inconveniencing anyone so we just want the perfect time.

What do you think would be the best time to start her short ceremony (less than 20 min) for her to have beautiful daylight pictures but also possibly catch some sunset pictures as well?

Thank you so much for your help!

Re: What time do you think?

• I think it depends on what pictures they want and where and when they want them taken. If some pics are taken before, I'd like the close to sunset ceremony, maybe 515 to allow for delays?
    My photographer likes natural light best and wants to get any of the more formal, posed or "must have" ones done before sunset. Pics can still be taken when it''s darker but she said it's harder to get them perfect. And you know you want them perfect!
  • I would not be too worried about the sunset since you will be in Miami. Keep in mind, this is on the east coast of Florida so the sunset will not be visible on the coastline... they have really pretty sunrises though! :-)
    Not sure what part of Miami you will be in, but there are typically a ton of condominniums and hotels along the ocean, obscuring the sunset views. UNLESS you are going to be along the river somewhere during the evening. If this is true, then you are in for a gorgeous evening sunset, should probably be easily predicted on theweatherchannel.com. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards