October 2013 Weddings
Options

Weekend checks!

This weekend, I ordered our Shutterfly photo guest book! My sister sent me a code for a free 8 x8 book, so I was able to immediately order the book I had previously created! I used photos from our engagement shoot.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
image95 No
image0 Unknown

Re: Weekend checks!

• Options

We bought my fiance's suit for the wedding. My mom gave us a 20% off coupon for Kohls, so his suit only cost $135! We were pretty stoked. Bless Kohls.

I also got the names of makeup artists from my hairdresser because I figured she'd be the best resource. I'm going to contact them on my day off to figure out which of the two I'd like to use. They're in the same building as my hairdresser, so it makes it really easy. She also gave me the name of a customer of hers who does veils, so she's going to take the tulle from my mom's cathedral veil and shorten it to a chapel.

We also put the check in the mail for our first of four payments to the church for our ceremony and reception, yay!

• Options
    Nothing. This weekend was "avoid all things wedding". It was good.

FH & I started having some more serious talks about finances since I found out the location of the next project I'll move to. Cost of living is a lot more expensive in/around college towns.... I had forgotten that.
  • Options
    Did our tasting Saturday, which was more like a meal!  Finalized our food, beer and wine choices (which we can alter up to a few days prior to the ceremony).

We finally "booked" a photographer; she's a professional who's a friend of the family (which is usually a HUGE NO-NO here on TK, but...well...I'm over it).

We talked about things wedding related; when the guys are going to go get fitted for tuxes and what colors, etc they'll use (I'm still going to have to go to this appointment..what the hell?!  Sheesh), his ring, all the 'stuff' I still need to get and transportation.

I feel kinda bad; he was going to surprise me with a limo from the ceremony to reception venue, but since we were talking budget stuff, he kinda had to let me know since I was panicking about how I was going to get from one place to the other in a big ol' dress.
  • Options
    I also forgot to mention that we booked our ceremony musician! She will be playing the harp as guests arrive, then the organ for the processional (and recessional), and piano and/or harp for songs during the ceremony.

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    SSTEMPSSTEMP member
    Name Dropper First Comment
    @shaylagirl... We didn't realize ours would be pretty much a meal too and had a breakfast two hours beforehand!!!  It was a long three hour long drive home since we were in a food coma!

This weekend I did more than I expected...
    1. Finished assembling invites and purchased postage. I was a bit bummed - because I had to do the $0.66 stamp instead of the forever - but I'll live :)
    2. We started to really map out our honeymoon (i.e. means of travel through Europe, which countries we want to visit and a loose schedule)
    3. I bought a new outfit for our engagement photos (aka family photo shoot) this weekend. We are shopping for FI this week.
    4. Ordered a copy of my birth certificate so I can get a new passport.  During our move to our new home in November my passport and birth certificate got "lost" - lost is quotes because I believe it is somewhere within our house - but I'm concerned if I don't get it ordered ASAP I'm going to be SOL.
    5. Lastly - FI's shirt came in that he will be wearing during the ceremony.  He tried it on - it looks great - so we are going to order the other groomsmen's shirts this week :)
    6. Made our third payment for the venue - woohoo - over halfway paid off and that is the MAJOR expense.

• Options
    schellzinatorschellzinator member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    @alisonmarie658 - SSTEMP - its actually Schellzinator...I had @Knotporscha do an account change for me so I could be back to one account!  I'm having some technical troubles getting my Avatar updated under this one :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My shower/bachelorette party date was decided by my mom/MOHs! And I saw my MOHs dress in person, I LOVE the color! We also scheduled our cake tasting.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• Options
    finalized my bridal shower list with my sister who was in town. and thats about it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Alright! Yesterday we got our tiles for wedding signs. Gonna have vinyl words cut for them soon. Then today we got our time capsule boxes for ceremony and reception, I also got garters, and table stands for the reserved tables, alsoooo the rest of the cloth bandanas that we are using under the centerpieces.
    Does anyone feel like they are getting close to the end without the date being right around the corner?
    image 165 Asked to join at our big day.
    image 7 Are coming; cameras in hand ready to party!
    image 5 Are missing out on the fun.
    image 153 Haven't found the mail box back to us.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Alright! Yesterday we got our tiles for wedding signs. Gonna have vinyl words cut for them soon. Then today we got our time capsule boxes for ceremony and reception, I also got garters, and table stands for the reserved tables, alsoooo the rest of the cloth bandanas that we are using under the centerpieces. Does anyone feel like they are getting close to the end without the date being right around the corner?
    Sort of! There's a lot that is completed, but yet it still feels far away (if 4 months can be considered "far away".) As I mentioned, some things I can't work on until I know more information, and that is a bit frustrating. I like to plan in advance for so many things!

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    Does anyone feel like they are getting close to the end without the date being right around the corner?
    Yep, because we are done. Now we're just finishing paying people.

• Options
    I took the weekend off from anything remotely wedding-related - it was a nice rejuvenating break!

I feel like a lot of the big stuff is done, but there's still a lot of little decisions we need to make - readings, music, etc!
  • Options
    I did more over the week then weekend.  Ordered my veil and shoes!!!! Found earrings I love (need to order though), put my custom stickers on the welcome bags, bought some nail polish (not for the day of) for my bridesmaids, and my invitations are all addressed and ready to be mailed when the time comes!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    This weekend didn't bring a lot of wedding-related progress, since we BOUGHT A HOUSE!  Closing will hopefully be in the beginning of August- plenty of time to get settled in before the wedding.  We decided to host an open house at our new house the day after the wedding- yes, more work, but so many of our guests are from out of town and may not make it here again any time soon, so we want to show it off.  This week is our planning meeting with the caterer.
    Congratulations! How exciting!

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    @sewinlovewithdmb Thank you! We're very excited!
  • Options
    This weekend didn't bring a lot of wedding-related progress, since we BOUGHT A HOUSE!  Closing will hopefully be in the beginning of August- plenty of time to get settled in before the wedding.  We decided to host an open house at our new house the day after the wedding- yes, more work, but so many of our guests are from out of town and may not make it here again any time soon, so we want to show it off.  This week is our planning meeting with the caterer.
    Congrats!!!!!!!! That's amazing.
  • Options
    @lplions  Thank you!  Final wedding details are competing in my head with house decorating ideas.  I'm not getting any work done at all!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards