Oregon

Wedding Venues - Portland, Hood River or Bend Areas?

ruthh25ruthh25 member
First Anniversary First Comment
Hey guys! My fiancé and I are both huge ski buffs, so we were hoping to get married somewhere with a mountain in the background in Summer 2014. We both working and are full-time students, so there's definitely a tight budget. Does anyone have suggestions for lower-cost venus in any of those areas for about 75 guests? Right now we are leaning toward a cocktail reception at Timberline Lodge (it's where we got engaged, so there's a big sentimental pull but they seem to have a some big limitations and higher costs), or possibly Aspen Hall in Bend. Ideally I'm hoping for an outdoor ceremony with a view, but I don't have my heart set on any details at this time. Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Wedding Venues - Portland, Hood River or Bend Areas?

• Hi Cooper Girl15.  I went to a wedding at Ski Bowl in the summer of 2012.  The guests had the option of riding the ski lift upto the ceremony location or taking a shuttle.  After the ceremony, which was breaktaking up there, the Guests had the option of riding the slide down or taking the shuttle again.  The B&G actually took the slide down in all their attire!   Then there was a bbq and dancing down below afterwards.  It was really fun.  Weather of course would be important.  It was a hot summer day in Portland, but beautiful and perfect on the mountain.  Definitely worth a look.
  • Thank you so much for the great ideas!!!!
  • I think we FINALLY found it - Inn at the Seventh Mountain! The Ski Bowl packages were fantastic but just outside of our budget if we wanted to feed our guests anything :-/ We also loved Crag Rat Hut, their prices were so reasonable and the flexibility was great (especially for the Gorge, my goodness!).

Ultimately we decided to push our wedding back to January 2015 (phew, plenty of time!) so we could get married in the snow on the mountain we both learned how to ski on. Hopefully this means more time to save, DIY, and all of our vendors will be off-season!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards