Attire & Accessories Forum

Has anyone ordered from TB Dress?

So here's the dilemma. I'm under a REALLY tight budget for my wedding...I've gone to David's Bridal and tried on a bunch of dresses to get an idea for what I want and what looks good on my figure, and then I started looking online. While I know a lot of people have mixed feelings about ordering online, I'm pretty confident I know what I want and what will look good. I found this dress and fell in love with it (and it's price!):

BUT-now I'm nervous. I was about to place the order but wanted to read up on the site to make sure it was reputable. After reading reviews, they're very mixed...people seem to either love them or hate them and I'm having trouble discerning how much is people nitpicking about a cheap Chinese dress and how much is really a disastrous experience. Honestly, I'm not really picky. While I obviously want to look beautiful on my wedding day, I'm not going to freak out if there are small flaws. I also plan to take it to a tailor and have it adjusted however I need to. I also noticed a lot of people just complained that it took a while to get here...well I have 6 months, so I'm not too worried about that as long as it comes!

So: any thoughts? Has anyone ordered from TB Dress before? Any insight would be much appreciated.

Re: Has anyone ordered from TB Dress?

• hyechica81hyechica81 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited June 2013
    if you want a dress that you can wear the whole time during your wedding then stay away from them its a knock off site for a reason they dress will come to you sewn really bad with fabrics that u did not ask for or want you will take it to a seamstress and she will have to totaly fix the dress and thats even if she can and that will cost you more $$$ in the long run.  its not going going to be small flaws it will be huge flaws i knew someone who went to tb bridal and got a dress came in she had to take it to get altered and ended up having to spend way more money than she did on the dress beacuse the dress came to her peiced up and not done right she wished she would not gone with tb bridal 

what state are you in google bridal consigments in your area and see what you find most of the ones in ct carry sample gowns they get from the designers or bridal salons. 

if davids is not working for you check the bridal consigments  out.. also call a bridal salons and see if they have any discontiued dresses that they are selling 

stay away from tb if you want a dress you can wear the whole night and not worry that it will fall apart on you. the materials used are cheep not great fabrics the beading is not crystals its plastic  
    if you look on the website you will see professional looking photos of women in gowns. they are all american looking women its because tb has stolen the pictures of designer bridal websites and are using them as their own pictures when they are not 
    the gown on the left is a mori lee prom dress and the gown on the right is the knock off  not even close  

• That has all the classic red flags of a knock-off site.  I would stay away from that site, big time.
  • So here's the dilemma. I'm under a REALLY tight budget for my wedding...I've gone to David's Bridal and tried on a bunch of dresses to get an idea for what I want and what looks good on my figure, and then I started looking online. While I know a lot of people have mixed feelings about ordering online, I'm pretty confident I know what I want and what will look good. I found this dress and fell in love with it (and it's price!):

BUT-now I'm nervous. I was about to place the order but wanted to read up on the site to make sure it was reputable. After reading reviews, they're very mixed...people seem to either love them or hate them and I'm having trouble discerning how much is people nitpicking about a cheap Chinese dress and how much is really a disastrous experience. Honestly, I'm not really picky. While I obviously want to look beautiful on my wedding day, I'm not going to freak out if there are small flaws. I also plan to take it to a tailor and have it adjusted however I need to. I also noticed a lot of people just complained that it took a while to get here...well I have 6 months, so I'm not too worried about that as long as it comes!

So: any thoughts? Has anyone ordered from TB Dress before? Any insight would be much appreciated.

most of the reviews you find are fake.  Some people do get lucky with knockoff sites and their dress doesn't come back horrible. But, in the 2 years I have been on TK, I have seen maybe 2-3 brides get lucky and at least 3-4 dozen come back here in tears wondering how they are going to afford to buy another dress.  Those aren't great odds.

It's not about being nitpicky.  Usually, the fabric is horrible, the stitching is all wrong, the sizing is wrong (like, the bodice a foot too long, and the train to short, stuff like that).  Some brides have received their gowns not finished, with pins still in them holding the rouching together. 

If you have the money to risk throwing it away, and buying a different dress. You can certainly try it.  But, with anyone who wants to risk buying a knockoff, you have to be 100% ready to buy another dress when this one doesn't turn out. Because chances are, it won't.  It's like gambling. You put your money in the slot machine, you can hope you win, but you probably won't. 

• I ordered from there and while the dress was well made and beautiful they sewed on the wrong color sash.  It was LIME GREEN! I asked for mint which was a soft turquoise.  When I contacted them they said to send a picture so I did.  The response was "The dress looks fine, we don't see a problem"  Basically they wouldn't let me return it or offer to fix it! So now I have to pay to have it taken somewhere to have a different color sash sewn to it. Basically, it's a risk ordering from them. Try Simply Bridal, they have inexpensive dresses as well and the reviews are better.
  • Thanks guys! That's kind of what I was afraid of...I've decided to go with a dress I found on Amazon instead. :)
  • Thanks guys! That's kind of what I was afraid of...I've decided to go with a dress I found on Amazon instead. :)

Just a head's up. there are some knockoff sellers on Amazon also.  Check very carefully into the location of the seller. If it's from Hong Kong, etc.  Don't order from them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards