Getting in Shape

Photo Thursday/Friday

Lobsters25Lobsters25 member
5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
edited June 2013 in Getting in Shape
So we haven't done this for a bit, meaning everyone must have fun things to share! :)

Here's the cake I made last night.  Sorry for the bad photo, H took it with his phone in the middle of cleaning up my mess :)  It's dark chocolate whiskey cake with a whiskey vanilla buttercream and sea salt caramel.

And here is the product for which I saw an infomercial while working out today.  It was great because it looked like two of the actors couldn't even hold back from laughing at this stupidity.  They went so far as to say it has six different workouts...I'm sorry, workouts!?!?  SMH.
Anniversary

Re: Photo Thursday/Friday

• I knew there was something missing from my life; electric shock ...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited June 2013

Love the pics.  xcaly, your dog is beautiful!!!!!  What is his breed?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bwils35bwils35 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    This is from last weekend where we were at a play place for FI's nephews 3rd birthday!
    This is the margarita glass I recently made at a BYOB pottery place :)

and this is the wine sippy cup I was drinking out of while I made said margarita glass :)

• GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker
    @lobster... Your cake looks yummy.
    @Xcaly..Aries is adorable. I love the first pic. 
    @bwils... WHERE did you get the wine sippy cup?? I have to buy at least six of those. What a great gift! We do a lot of tailgating and outside socializing and a group of my girlfriends only drink wine. I love that cup. 
  • @xcalygrl Consider this a heads up that I am coming to kidnap your very cute doggies. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @jennylee813 - you look STUNNING in your dress! So happy it fits!
  • That's awesome Jenny! And you look great in that dress!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Jennylee, looking beautiful! And your dress is gorgeous!
  • GiaspoGiaspo member
    edited June 2013
    @jennylee - you look amazing!  

Here are a few from our vacation last week:
    The first one, we are on a sailboat.  
    Next is us at the awards dinner (this was a work trip) and me receiving an award.  
    The weather was not the best - the next one you can see how windy it was.  
    The last one is our "toothpaste" commercial on a snorkeling trip..... I photoshopped out the hair of the girl behind me - see the last pic.

• Thanks ladies. I'm more determined than ever to make it work now. My only issue is that the corset I bought to wear under it doesn't fit under the dress(yet), and I can't imagine not wearing a bra. I know that a lot of brides don't wear much of anything under their dresses, but I don't roll like that, so now I have to figure out how to make it ALL work together.

The dress is a little more sheer than I originally thought, so I'm now thinking that I'm going to need a slip as well. Not a huge deal - the bigger news is that I got it to fit. Now I want it to fit better!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • GiaspoGiaspo member
    @xcaly - My BF loves Ren Faires and she had a Ren wedding.  (I'm sorry if I already showed you this photo).  

• mmmmm caaaaaaakkkkkeeeee

and omg. xcal the pic with pup and the roll of towels. adorbs! 

OMG JENNYLEE!!!!!!! AMAZING. seriously. That gown is so different and unique in suuuuuch a good way. WOW! and check out that bod!

Gias well done on the photohop. I hope you framed that picture because it's a GREAT one of the two of you! Natural smiles are always the best!

• -My girlfriend just graduated. She grad with Math Ed (for those of you that don't know, or haven't met me yet even, I graduated last year with a BS in Mathematics.. we're kinda nerdy) so I'm suuuper proud of her bedazzled cap haha

-A couple more shots of some of the hiking I did.. Gosh I already miss Washington so much :( 

-A silly favorite from my boudoir shoot (done last summer)

-Me taking H's work VERY seriously

-My coffee mug this morning.  
  • OMG xcal! Themed things are amazing!! I'm so envious... I really want to go to a Ren fair, but always refused when I was a kid because my step mom loves them and I don't care for her... Idk if I could convince H to go though.. hmmm.... 
    THe pirate costume? I hope that one made it's way into your bedroom ;) haha

The boudoir shoot was great and silly. There are a lot of very sensual photos too, but I like the silly ones because it's more me :o
  • @firsttimersluck - love the silly shots! The boudoir shot is awesome - it seems like a very natural picture (no pun intended, and I almost ALWAYS intend puns!)

The pi cap is amazing. I'm most definitely NOT a math person (teaching grade 8 math this year was a challenge), but the cap is super cool. I'm totally a nerd.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You taught 8th grade math this year?!!! That's the grade she is hoping to teach! 
    haha how did you get stuck with the class? 
  • cnf2013cnf2013 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited June 2013
    Yay picture time!

Xcaly, your pups are so cute. Griz loves stealing paper towel rolls too. 

Jenny, your dress is beautiful! You look drop dead gorgeous! Your hard work is paying off, even if it doesn't always feel that way. 

Here's a picture of my new car my dad sent me. I can't wait to go pick it up next Friday. It's a shiny new Subaru Crosstrek. Sooo excited (even if it puts me in the poor house for a bit)!

And Honeymoon pictures!!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Awesome honeymoon pics, and cool car!

As an IR, I ended up teaching the core subjects to the kids who needed extra help. I spent most of this year doing that, as well as teaching an organizational class that all grade 8s were required to take. I taught lessons on how to take multiple choice tests, locker organization, test anxiety, listening skills ...

and I love grade 8. Junior high is actually pretty awesome. Tell your friend that it rocks. For pi day, one of my kids memorized 121 decimals. And there was pie. What's not to like?

I'm an English/Social Studies/Technology/Skilled Trades teacher.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'll share one of my latest henna designs! Other than that, I have nothing. cnf - awesome honeymoon pictures!
  • Jenny that's so awesome! She is really looking forward to it. She got to teach 8th graders as her student teaching for the past 6 months (required here in Washington state.. not sure if that's the case everywhere for an ed degree). Her father teaches 8th grade math, so she just kinda fell into it. :) 

AND OMG CNF!!!!!! I'm obsessed with subarus. And that color and one is AMAZING. aaahh I'm sooo envious. I want one badly and H really wants to upgrade my car to a new one, but I want to wait until they come out with a hybrid :/ 
  • Here we do a four month internship. Mine was senior high English, which I loved. I was also halftime tech, so I was with the technology department head and spent a lot of time crawling around under desks installing computers and fixing networks.

Since then I have taught adult basic education and trades communications, and been an instructional resource teacher. English will always be my first love though. I'm still hoping that there will be an English position here in the fall, although I'm losing faith when I see other people being hired and I'm passed over for interviews.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @firsttimersluck, they have a hybrid Crosstrek coming out in October/November! H wanted us to wait for that to come out, but my dad sells Subarus and said the cost isn't in my budget and there won't be any incentive deals on them. Plus their HQ distribution only send like 2-3 new release cars to each dealership. My dad hasn't been able to keep a Crosstrek on their lot since their release almost a year ago now. They don't get enough and they get sold before they even get delivered. He said it'll be even more difficult with the hybrid. But their coming in the most bitchin' shade of lime green ever and I'm a bit envious of that. But I do love the orange. I had an Impreza before getting my Rav4 and I'm sooooo excited to go back to a subby. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • whaaaaaaat thanks for the tip cnf! That's so awesome! I will keep my eyes open! I love the impreza sooo much. It handles like a dream (my mom had one) 
    And as a girl whose favorite color is green, that orange is siiiiiick. I think you did quite well, friend! 
  • haha Yeah. We like them up there.. It's kinda the ultimate hippie car.. Well.. until the tesla.. Now all of us want Teslas.. but that's a liiiiiittle out of the budget for the next couple years at least! 
  • This is my first shot at uploading photos! Hopefully they post correctly. 
    The first few are from our engagement shoot a few weeks ago. We took the shots at one of our favorite local places where they sell craft beer. The owner of the store opened it up to us on a day that the store is normally closed, so it was very exciting! 
    The other photo is of my dog Brewer. The pic is a few months old, hence the snow on the ground. I couldn't find any others on the computer... I'll have to work on that. 
  • Here is one of my mom's b-day cake I made last week, it looks a lot like the baby shower cake since I didn't go buy different fondant, but it was designed a little different.  And the card holder I made for our reception.  I'm not sure you can see them, but it even has stick-on rhinestones on the lacing of the design for a little extra fun :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• Awesome pics, nonosgirl! Cute puppy!

This day gets better and better - my wedding sandals arrived! I thought they were lost in the mail, and the company is supposed to be sending another pair. Here they are:
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards