Getting in Shape

Raspberry Ketone?

Hi there!  I'm new to this board, and I was wondering if any of you have tried raspberry ketone and if you've had good results with it.  Generally I'm not a fan of supplements, but I haven't read anything scary about it and I could really use something to kick off a diet since I've been in a bit of a fitness rut lately.  TIA for your feedback!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Raspberry Ketone?

• Yeah.. It's basically like eating a pound of raspberries.. Go eat a pound of raspberries and see how your body likes it (have fun in the bathroom :P ). 
    Your bod doesn't want that much of anything.. The only weight loss supplement that is safe and effective for life-long control is a clean, well balanced diet. 
    You won't find quick tricks from Dr. Oz on this board.. Sorry :/ 
  • Ditto Xcaly and FTL.

Keep in mind with supplements is a lot of them aren't regulated. Do your research before jumping into a product. Ask yourself - Do I really need this and what does it supposedly do? Look for scholarly articles (googlescholar yo). These things should come from places like NIH, AHA, ACSM, outlining studies where whatever you are looking into taking has been used in human trials.
  • Thanks, guys!  I did Google it, and although I'm aware that the only studies were done on mice and there's no actual proof, I have seen several articles raving about the results--that's not to say they were reputable articles, which is why I stopped in here to see if anyone had any feedback.

The intention was never to just start taking a supplement and do nothing else--diet and exercise are a given and I was never looking for a quick fix.  I have thyroid issues and I don't have a lot to lose, so I'm kind of stuck where I am and was just hoping for a little extra boost to my metabolism to get over the hump.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had never even heard of this stuff until my brother (who's a paramedic) commented on how he was seeing people in the ER all the time lately who had overdosed on it.  So you should be aware that there are potential side effects. 

• I had never even heard of this stuff until my brother (who's a paramedic) commented on how he was seeing people in the ER all the time lately who had overdosed on it.  So you should be aware that there are potential side effects. 

...and that is alllllll I needed to hear.  Useless is one thing, dangerous is another.  Thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • xcalygrl said:

I'm glad you have decided not to venture down this road @Belle2188.

@calliopeia2013 - From the research I've done, we still don't know the side effects. There have been no studies on humans to find out what all the side effects are or if it interacts with anything. The only thing we have to go on are people posting reviews that say it makes them jittery, light-headed, or causes rapid heart beat. Thank you for sharing what you've heard!

Yeah, this is what he was describing, but apparently severe enough that people were checking themselves into the ER?  I really don't know that much about it.  And I guess that's not technically a side effect- more just something that happens if you take too much of it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards