Nevada-Las Vegas

Got my gym membership!

So I went on Tuesday to get a gym membership. I been going an hour a day and have been making these juices out of fruits and vegetables! Hoping to lose at least 20 by mid August for a wedding I'm going to in Vegas! But I
Am ddetermined to lose a total of 40-45 lbs by my wedding in May :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

Re: Got my gym membership!

• That's great!! That definitely seems doable! I cancelled mine last summer (before i was engaged) due to lack of use. we have an elliptical and bike in our spare room that is now collecting dust! I would be very satisfied if i could lose AT LEAST 20 lbs by the end of the year but I cannot get myself motivated. I have even been using weight watchers for the past 6 months and have failed miserably. Is there anything else besides the wedding that is keeping you motivated? maybe when i start going dress shopping it will all seem more real to me.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's awesome!  I'm in the same boat, want to drop about 40 before the wedding.  I've been using my fitness pal and I've lost almost 10lbs in a month in a half.  Good luck!  I know it's hard work.  But it will be so worth it!
    We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 
  • I have tons of dresses that don't fit me as good as they did this time last year! Me and my FI go to Vegas about 3-4 times a year and that's pretty much what motivates me I love wearing dresses but motivation isn't too hard I really enjoy working out :) I just have a sweet tooth so I need to learn to not eat so much junk lol. I use fitness pal too! It really helps you keep track of your eating and exercises! I agree it will definitely all be worth it when we have reached our goal weight and to feel great in our wedding dress !
  • @maibel03, do you like running or walking?  We signed up for the half marathon in Vegas to keep us motivated!  But you can also do 5k near where you live.  Once we paid up we really started hitting the gym!
  • Good on you ladies! My wedding is more than enough motivation for me, I want to look my absolute best on my wedding day (and on honeymoon in my bikini!). I can laze around not exercising and eat all the treats I like for the rest of my life AFTER the wedding! (is that a little bridezilla of me?!)

I've been using the Livestrong app to track my calories, which really helps keep me on track - if I want a treat I have to earn it with exercise! 

Also, I started my diet and fitness regime in February when I was over 12 months out from my wedding and scheduled in points of the year when I can have a break from the full-on regime, the first was in May when I went away for a week with my family, the next is in July for my mom's wedding and the one after that will be Christmas (although I may have a short break in October if we go away for a long-weekend). It really helps me focus when I'm craving something bad, I'll just count down the time until I can indulge the craving duriing my break week. Yes I gained a couple of pounds during my break week in May but I'd lost like 13 pounds by that point so I didn't mind and I know those couple will drop off now I'm back on the regime full-time!

Also, my 'regime' includes one day per week (usually Saturday) when I can 'cheat' a little, so when I have a birthday to attend, or like my mom's hen do (batcherlorette) this weekend, then I can join in on some of the fun (one or two drinks, a small slice of cake), but not go all out either, which definitely keeps me sane!

I find the 'getting in shape' forum on here is also really good for motivation and advice :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
       UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!
  • Oh my goodness girls you are making me feel so bad. Im 154 pounds :-( I would love to lose 20 pounds by the wedding but I really need to kick my butt into shape. My motivation is the wedding but also the piles of clothes that dont fit me anymore.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• Mo I am 168! This is why I am so motivated I used to be 130! But having 3 babies does that lol
  • SD210SD210 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    Augh, my one wedding planning regret is that I did not take my weight loss seriously until it was too late.  Sigh.  I really need to lose about 50 lbs before my Aug. 17th wedding.  Unfortunately, I only started seriously dieting about 25 days ago.  So far, I've lost about 8 pounds (not too shabby for less than 1 month), but I won't nearly hit my goal before the wedding.  Meh, I gotta make my peace with it.  I figure if I lose 20 before the wedding, which is doable, then it's better than nothing.  My dress fits me now as is (although if I do lose more weight, I am really going to be pushing it with last minute alterations).  I just really hope I don't hate every single picture from my wedding day!    
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • spoon1984spoon1984 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    I've got ten days until I leave so I'll probably manage 3 lbs but I'll still be 6lbs heavier than I was the last time I was in Vegas which was two years ago. I guess its not much but still annoying! I now understand when people say its so much harder to lose weight the second time round, I think weekly weigh ins are essential then you don't get a shock when you realise that 14lbs you thought you had to lose is actually 28!
  • Ok ladies ive done it too. Ive joined the gym they had 50% off memberships so I got in... im going to start easy with group fitness classes. Ive had pt sessions before so I will do some reps that I learnt. I have 9 months and 3 weeks to get bridal sexy :-) my motivation now is that boudoir shoot im doing for FI ;-)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Ooh lala!! Well that's great! I did sign up for My Fitness Pal this afternoon...so I'm going to try something new! If you're gym offers spin classes - I highly recommend it! I used to go once a week and the 40 minutes flew by and you burn a lot of calories/feel great after. Looks like we are the same weight and weight loss goals - so let me know how it goes!

@ktbabe530 - I do not like running - but I'll walk! There are always 5k events going on - so maybe I should sign up for a couple with some gfs (even if I just power walk it!) Thanks for the idea! Have fun with Vegas half-marathon!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Way to go girl!!!!! I have as of today lost 25lbs.. and my goal before the wedding was 27.. so I have 2 to go in the next 3 weeks..

I do Spin Class at 5:45 am mon thru friday and 8am sat morning... sunday I REST...lol...

Since February... and I feel really good.. But this is just the beginning... not done yet..

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I will definitely give spin class a go. Thanks for the recommendation ladies. Sorry for hijacking your board Valerie.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I've lost 10lbs since late April and I hope to shed at least another 10 before my wedding. I haven't been really strict and since it's my birthday-week there's a lot of going out and stuff. But starting next week, I'll twitch the diet a bit more and exercise a bit more too. I usually speedwalk with my dog 1st thing in the morning about 3-4x a week and I walk a lot during the day and climb stairs instead of taking the elevator but I'll add some dailyhiit.com workouts too. I use to do that last summer. 12 minutes a day and you really see a difference!

In August, I'll twitch the diet even more probably focusing on a low-carb one with one refeed per week. This is hard on the body but managable when you do it only for a few weeks.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In August, I'll twitch the diet even more probably focusing on a low-carb one with one refeed per week. This is hard on the body but managable when you do it only for a few weeks.

I've been thinking I'll do the same thing in the last few weeks before my wedding as a final push, and also do a few weeks of purely clean unprocessed food to detox and get my skin looking great :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Loving this thread by the way, hopefully by sharing our tips and successes (and struggles) we can help keep each others' motivation going!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jiimanie!  Vegas brides weight loss motivation!  

If anyone used my fitness pal my name is the same on there.  

• Good luck! I bought one as well not to long after we got engaged. Here are my two suggestions for you!

First of all, make your focus getting healthy NOT getting skinny. It's seems much more reasonable and I found that instead of just counting calories I am changing my eating habits.

Second, make your MOH your sidekick! Marci and I go to the gym together several times a week and we book times into our schedule like appointments. Plus when we hang out together with our spouses, we try to incorporate some sort of activity. Anytime we go out to eat, we are there to encourage each other to pick healthier options. Because we both have the same goal we have had great success!
  • @ktbabe530 I tried adding you but I need your email. My email is valeriecruz1982@gmail.com is anyone wants to add me on my fitness pal :)
  • sent you an invite @valeriecruz82!  i think you have to log in online to search for a user by a user name.

If anyone wants or needs the way to search online, go to 
    - Community
    - Find Members  and you can put the user name in there
  • What kind of things can you share on myfitnesspal if you invite friends? I'm using livestrong but if we could motivate each other using myfitnesspal then I'd consider a move over to that! My FI is using it and seems to be getting on quite well with it

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You can share your weight loss and your daily meal logs and can also comment on each others profile i think its really helpful :)
  • Ooh sounds good :) I'm upping the ante on my clean eating from Monday so I will get an account on the weekend and let you all know my details!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OK sounds good! :)
  • Ok I'm now on my fitness pal as 'Jiimanie' and have added you @valeriecruz82 and @ktbabe530 - let's get motivated! 

I hope you've both had a successful week, I'm kicking my healthy eating up a notch starting tomorrow so will be relying on the app for support! Four weeks until my Mom's wedding and I'm a bridesmaid so I'm focusing on losing a few more lbs before then and on toning my arms and back a bit more :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jiimanie!  Let's do this ladies!!!  Have a great week!
  • Thanks! Day one down and managed to get a small but heavy gym session done and haven't felt too hungry either, result! I'm sure tomorrow will be a very different story though ....!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards