Massachusetts-Boston

Junior Bridesmaid Dress

I have been searching high and low for my dresses for my twin 10 year old nieces that are Junior Bridesmaids in my wedding! I tried David's Bridal, but I couldn't get over the horrible customer service we received there and frankly, I wasn't impressed by the dress selection.

I also reached out to Alfred Angelo in Danvers about a week ago and have no received a response from them. I'm running out of time because my wedding is in October.

Can anybody else offer any other suggestions??

Thanks!!

Re: Junior Bridesmaid Dress

• I've gotten good customer service at the AA in Dedham. Just call to make an appointment. They pick up the phone quicker on weekdays. I think their turnaround time is 3 months, and they also have reasonable rush fees (~$30).
  • archerstararcherstar member
    First Comment
    edited June 2013

Bill Levkoff makes some nice JR BM dresses, that's where I got one for my wedding. If you see something you like you can order it from any local bridal shop that carries that line. I don't know where you're located but I've been to Pure Bliss in Newburyport, Country Weddings in Hingham and Bridesmaids Galleria in Lynnfield, and all carry BL.

I'm getting married in October also, and we just put the order in for that dress a fe weeks ago (the first one we chose was discontinued) and they said it was no problem to get it in time.

• My junior bridesmaid is wearing the same dress as my bridesmaids.  We ordered it in the smallest size possible.  Do you really want them in a different dress?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • I just ordered bridesmaid dresses from AA in Dedham on Saturday. They gave me an approx. time of 10 weeks. (My wedding is also in October)

I made my appointment online which I found much easier than calling. Sometimes they are too busy to answer the phone.

Good luck! :)

• Hi, my wedding is in October, too. My future niece is 13 (and she is petite for a new teenager), so I know how hard it's been to shop for junior bridesmaids dresses for those under the age of 16, but I have two suggestions:

(1) Try Zone4Kids in Lawrence. They have a wide array of designers for junior bridesmaids. I was particularly interested in a Jessica Lynn dress. However, I could not justify asking my future sister-in-law to spend over $120 for a dress my niece may just grow out of within a couple months after the wedding, so we went another route.

(2) We decided to try our luck with lightinthebox.com. It's a foreign company that manufactures and ships from China. I'll just be frank... there were a lot of negative reviews with this website and company, but then again, there were equally a lot of wonderful reviews as well. Most of the negative reviews involve trying to return the item and get a refund. Most of the positive reviews are regarding wedding dresses and bridesmaids dresses.

We decided to buy a dress from lightinthebox. And I could not be any happier with it. We ordered it late May and received the dress in 2 weeks. The color was accurate to the swatch online, the dress looks exactly as it is on the model, the quality is great, and the size is just big enough for my niece to grow into until 1 or 2 months before the wedding for alterations. And best of all, we spent less than $120 for a long chiffon junior bridesmaids dress and will look beautifully among the other bridesmaids' dress.

If this is an option you want to look into, I would say just do your research and see how comfortable you are risking an online, overseas purchase. We also thought it would be a better idea to pay with paypal's bill me later option instead of by credit card. And definitely order size up.

I hope this helps :]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards