Luxury Weddings

Biggest Luxury in Your Wedding

Re: Biggest Luxury in Your Wedding

• @zoberg, I love their photobooths. I SO wish I knew about them earlier. Our DJ/entertainment company is hosting a photobooth and I don't even know what it will look like.
  • @AndreaJulia - yours will still provide so much entertainment! But I am sooooo SO excited for the Traveling one. It looks like something you'd see on a boardwalk!
  • Biggest luxury for our guests is definitely the food and open bar.  For FI and I, it is our photographer and videographer. Both are traveling from out of state and are incredible! 
  • Our biggest luxury was probably the venue, band and flowers.  Although now that I think about it, I don't know what "typical" flowers cost.  But I loved our centerpieces!
  • The catering. Our venue has a michelin star restaurant, and they are also our caterers for the wedding! I wish our guests were more adventurous, because there are a few menu items I'd love to have but I doubt some guests would even consider eating (veal, anyone?).

Our own personal splurge would be our wedding planner -- don't even ask me about her fee, lol. OR, the fact that we ended up deciding to stay at the venue (which is a resort) for the weekend. OR, my shoes. HA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• AmJam04 said:
    The catering. Our venue has a michelin star restaurant, and they are also our caterers for the wedding! I wish our guests were more adventurous, because there are a few menu items I'd love to have but I doubt some guests would even consider eating (veal, anyone?).

Our own personal splurge would be our wedding planner -- don't even ask me about her fee, lol. OR, the fact that we ended up deciding to stay at the venue (which is a resort) for the weekend. OR, my shoes. HA!
    Is your planner very helpful? Check out the July group when you have a chance. I just posted something I wanted to post here, but was chicken about it being found.
  • Which thread? I took a peak and didn't see any authored by you.

My planner has been helpful, but it wasn't the experience I was expecting in the beginning.
    She is a full-service-do-everything planner, but it wasn't until recently that she has really gone above and beyond to assist me. I believe that within the next 2 weeks, I'll finally feel comfortable enough leaving her 100% in charge (because I feel strongly about not doing anything the week before the wedding day).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @amjam04, the other site...
  • I'd say our 3 biggest splurges are the venue/food/top shelf open bar, our wedding planner, and our photographer.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • fireworks display at the end of the evening :)
  • edited June 2013
    Venue is going to be number 1, then I splurged on invites, videography, open bar, photography, wedding planner at the last minute, dress,  oh and flowers! Im so excited to see it all come together! Oh and stationary I havent ordered yet, but im sure i will splurge on that since I want it to correspond with my invites. =) I still have a few things that need to be finalized so I dont know what exactly will be my biggest splurge after my venue (its inhouse catering, inclusive so its a per person cost). 
  • flojo973 said:
    Our biggest luxury was probably the venue, band and flowers.  Although now that I think about it, I don't know what "typical" flowers cost.  But I loved our centerpieces!
    Lol, I feel the same about flowers! I just kind of told my florist what I wanted and she priced it. But, I recently hired a wedding planner so im sure there will be lots of changes! 
  • fireworks display at the end of the evening :)
    Gorgeous! I wish I could do that!!! 
  • edited June 2013
    I'm from NJ also, so my wedding budget is pretty big just to accommodate the expense of getting married here.  The reception will be the biggest part of our budget.  Our cost per person isn't too bad for NJ standards we are a bit more in south/central NJ.  I like this board, glad I found it.

Anniversary

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Food, open bar, and signature cocktails during cocktail hour.

Oh we are also having a hawk at our ceremony to bring the ring to the best man, flying above all of the guests' heads LOL. They are gonna be so surprised about that part.

• Our biggest ones will be the catering and the decor. Food and open bar are of the upmost importance to us. Decor is going to be pricey because I love draping and flowers and we're going into a huge space. It's all worth it though to see the look on everyone faces.
  • I was in my brother's wedding this past weekend and they had a photobooth. It was so much fun! I want to say the biggest luxury in their wedding was the reception site. They had their ceremony and reception at the same place. The site had a large open room for the dinner/dancing, then a side room for the bar, and another side room for a decadent chocolate dessert room. They had every type of chocolate and pastries known to man!!!

• Food, open bar, and signature cocktails during cocktail hour.

Oh we are also having a hawk at our ceremony to bring the ring to the best man, flying above all of the guests' heads LOL. They are gonna be so surprised about that part.

There is so much wrong with this. I dont even know where to start.Will this take place at your "real" wedding or your "fun" wedding?
    I have got to imagine at the "real" wedding. Can you imagine a hawk flying through the Little White Wedding Chapel? IMVHO, I don't get this either. Unless your FI is a falconer or something. I see so much that could go wrong with this. However, since he is getting a whole new ring at the "real" wedding, if it gets lost, then he can just wear his "fun" wedding ring.

• Our venue for sure -- $15K rental PLUS a $40K food/drink minimum.

Beyond that, planners (12K), band (10K), and honeymoon (11K).
  • Yes I have a couple! The first pic is a view of the ceremony area from a distance and the second pic is a close-up shot. The ballroom is pretty standard looking, but of course we're going to pimp it out. 

I think this is Pelican Hill! We got married around the corner at St Regis Monarch Beach. Our biggest splurge was everything! Even My bridesmaids got Tiffany necklaces! I could have bought a brand new Honda accord with the price of flowers, and a brand new fully loaded E class Mercedes for the cost of food and drinks. Worth EVERY PENNY!
  • Our biggest splurge is the food and bar package.  The top-shelf package has wines from some wineries we've actually visited in California, so we were excited to see that.  I can't wait for the food tasting, even though it's next year.  We booked a restaurant with amazing city views so we already know the food is great.

I'm struggling a bit with the three choices we're able to offer guests, because there's about 7 or 8 to choose from. I'm not sure if picky eaters will appreciate scallops, but I told my Fiance, "Damnit, I want SCALLOPS!"   Lol.  My brother-in-law loves scallops too but we may be the only ones.  (Maybe I should cross-post this to the Etiquette board later--- order the food the couple loves, or order the food that has the most mass appeal? I'm kind of a foodie....)  

• Can you have more than 3 choices? What are they? I love talking menus :)
    *********************************************************************************

• You should see if the venue is willing to serve just you the scallops.  I know our venue told us we can have whatever we want.
  • You should see if the venue is willing to serve just you the scallops.  I know our venue told us we can have whatever we want.

It is rude to server your guests something different than what you are eating.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are spending the most on the two areas most important to us:

- We want everyone dancing so we hired a 10 piece band that we absolutely love. 

- We also love the water and the view from our venue is amazing so we hired a boat to take our guests on a short NYC harbor cruise to the statue of liberty and then drop them off at their hotel which is on the water. 

I would like for our guest to get back to their hotel room and say, wow, I've never had so much fun in my life. And wasn't that boat ride around Manhattan an amazing way to cap off the night? 

Some people won't like it or be impressed but me and my man are going to dance our asses off and then enjoy every second of that boat ride! 
  • racheogle said:
    So far mine has been my dress (which I absolutely fell in love with) and my wedding venue- Haiku Mill in Maui.  We are planning to keep our wedding fairly small since it's a destination but we would really love to show everyone a good time.  My wedding is pretty far away still so most of the other costs are unknown at this point. :-)
    @racheogle I can tell that's Mariee!  I looked there for my dress as well!  They have such wonderful dresses :)
  • Easily food and open bar. There is always 2 things I remember at weddings, the food and the bar. So we splurged on great food and an open premium bar. This was easy the majority of our budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Probably my cake. Not the most expensive, but hardest to get
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards