Snarky Brides

Trashy Wedding Stories

Share your trashy wedding stories- whether it's something you did at a wedding, something about a wedding you've been to, or even your own wedding! Let's get daytime talk show up in here!

Re: Trashy Wedding Stories

• 1. Wedding was at noon, reception wasn't till like 5pm......wedding party was made to ride in limo all day drinking alcohol, and no food. 2. Stretched limo for wedding party....the only thing in the entire wedding and reception where you can tell money was spent. 3. Bride had "skunky" highlights 4.Bride made bridesmaids carry fake flowers, but hers were real. 5. Bride made bridesmaids wear heavy, dark purple, floor length satin for a July wedding in the South....we were sweating like pigs. 6. Bride and Groom drinking heavily witk a cig always hanging out their mouths. 7. Buffet style food....with fish sitting out in the July heat, stinking. 8. Cake leaning over about to fall....which was made by a friend of the bride. 9. Groom's cake was bear that looked like a child's bday cake...and it was melting. 10. No wedding decor....just the hotel's white table cloths, typical folding chairs, and little candle in the middle that was provided. 11. Groom stuck his head and practically his whole body up bride's dress to pull off the garter.....and did it with his teeth. 12. Wedding guest favors were cookies of the couple's initial made by the groom's mother and they weren't the consistent obvously homemade looking....and they were falling apart. 13. Bridesmaids gift from the bride were dollar store bath and body products. And the funny thing is, this is all just the wedding day!!!! The before wedding BS was just as hideous. 1. Bride, another girl, and I were all getting married that same year and in each others weddings....she was getting married first. She told me one evening that she was only going to put as much money in mine and my other frend's wedding as we spend on hers. 2. Kept threatening we "better" be throwing her a bachelorette party. 3. Got mad when a few girls left her bachelorette party when they got tired. 4. Kicked one of the bridemaids out of the wedding cause she didn't spend the night after the bachelorette party.....later asked her to rejoin her wedding party. 5. Wanted wedding party to spend the night at hotel she stayed at night before the wedding....but expected them to pay. 6. Rehersal dinner consisted of party sub from Subway. Oh man, I could go on and on....hahaha, but you get the point.
  • edited June 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I love how there's at least 6 months between each of the posts. OP saw crickets when she posted in 2011.
  • edited June 2013
  • dillfin said:

OMG!!! That's Awful!
    I was BM in a wedding- It was such a WhiteTrash wedding,
    1. we had these UGLY orange fake daisy pomanders as our flowers while the bride had a real bouquet, and Fake flowers in all of our hair
    2.dates were not allowed at the rehearsal dinner even thought I offered to pay for his meal- I was not going to leave him by himself in the hotel when it was his first time to that city (11 hrs away from home!) (Cheep pasta place would have been $15 including a beer),
    3.Cash Bar, 
    4 Flower girl was some 10 year old midget that the bride had met a month before - oh but she's cute! No shes not, why is she here?!?!
    5. there were bag-pipes -Bride not Scottish or in the military,
    6. BM gift was a cheap champagne flute with BM written on it -it fell over 1/2 thru the night and broke!!!
    7. our dresses were badly hand made by some 'family friend' of the bride, seam right down the front, bra straps showing under the 1.5 inch straps (even after I taped and safety pined the hell out of them!)
    8. the food was awful and I hate buffets,
    9. Bride's dress was a FULL size too big (even after alterations) and her boobs didn't fit in it- she had none in the pictures- Oh I don't want to wear a bra...
    10, the colours were Orange and blue-tealish
    11, The MoH was a HUGE WHALE- with the personality to match!!!!!!! (Nothing against big girls, even if she was a skinny B I would still call her a whale she was just one of 'those'),
    12, they had a sand ceremony { nothing against the SC, they can work} but it was dreadful red and light blue sand didn't look good at all, and the containers didn't fill it up even 1/3 of the way "oh we have more at home, we'll finish it then".
    13, The BM's all had to have matching shoes-flats- most unconfortable shoes ever! (I changed into my 4.5 inch heels for the reception thats how bad they were!)
    14. The Groom NEVER proposed, she just started planning and told him to show up!
    15. The wedding bands were free off some website -Tungsten Carbide- uggggly
    That whole Circus... Ahm, 'wedding' was everything me and my guy DON'T want, and even stuff we didn't even know we didn't want haha!!

I don't understand how someone's weight can make them trashy. Please explain? I'm curious.

• jarednmeganjarednmegan member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    dillfin said:
    OMG!!! That's Awful!
    1. we had these UGLY orange fake daisy pomanders as our flowers while the bride had a real bouquet, and Fake flowers in all of our hair
    2.dates were not allowed at the rehearsal dinner even thought I offered to pay for his meal- I was not going to leave him by himself in the hotel when it was his first time to that city (11 hrs away from home!) (Cheep pasta place would have been $15 including a beer),
    3.Cash Bar,  I guess FI and I are trashy then...
    4 Flower girl was some 10 year old midget that the bride had met a month before - oh but she's cute! No shes not, why is she here?!?! Wow, hateful much?!
    6. BM gift was a cheap champagne flute with BM written on it -it fell over 1/2 thru the night and broke!!! Wow, you're a real peach.
    7. our dresses were badly hand made by some 'family friend' of the bride, seam right down the front, bra straps showing under the 1.5 inch straps (even after I taped and safety pined the hell out of them!)
    8. the food was awful and I hate buffets, Shame on them for not seeking your input.
    9. Bride's dress was a FULL size too big (even after alterations) and her boobs didn't fit in it- she had none in the pictures- Oh I don't want to wear a bra...
    11, The MoH was a HUGE WHALE- with the personality to match!!!!!!! (Nothing against big girls, even if she was a skinny B I would still call her a whale she was just one of 'those'), Again, hateful.
    12, they had a sand ceremony { nothing against the SC, they can work} but it was dreadful red and light blue sand didn't look good at all, and the containers didn't fill it up even 1/3 of the way "oh we have more at home, we'll finish it then".
    13, The BM's all had to have matching shoes-flats- most unconfortable shoes ever! (I changed into my 4.5 inch heels for the reception thats how bad they were!) Are you sure you don't have this flipped around? Do you have Barbie feet or something?
    14. The Groom NEVER proposed, she just started planning and told him to show up!
    That whole Circus... Ahm, 'wedding' was everything me and my guy DON'T want, and even stuff we didn't even know we didn't want haha!!
    I'm sure your wedding will look like something out of a magazine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @jarednmegan...I don't know about the Barbie feet, but this is what she posted on Luxury Weddings about her shoes:
    dillfin said:
    I'm getting the Fifi Straus Louboutin Multi Colour, They are going to be my something blue- even though they aren't completely blue! I just love the look of the red sole, I couldn't imagine not wearing them!

*********************************************************************************

• @jarednmegan...I don't know about the Barbie feet, but this is what she posted on Luxury Weddings about her shoes:
    dillfin said:
    I'm getting the Fifi Straus Louboutin Multi Colour, They are going to be my something blue- even though they aren't completely blue! I just love the look of the red sole, I couldn't imagine not wearing them!

Those are the second ugliest shoes I've seen on the knot.  They're probably more expensive than the first ugliest shoes I've seen here though.  I guess that's all that matters?
    Now I'm dying to know what the first ugliest shoes looked like!
  • @jarednmegan - well she also posted one year ago that she was still a student and wasn't engaged yet because she couldn't afford a nice wedding.... I'm guessing these shoes are in sugar plum fairy land for her. And if not, nothing screams nouveau riche like "OMG LOOK AT MY SHOES!!! they were really expensive" and then not even spelling the designer's name right. 

...a diva who can't spell.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Now I'm dying to know what the first ugliest shoes looked like!
    Me too...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I can't find the shoes themselves but picture this with multicolored (pink and blue were in there for sure.  I think green might have been as well) zebra stripes instead of black and white:
    What the everloving fuck.
  • I can't find the shoes themselves but picture this with multicolored (pink and blue were in there for sure.  I think green might have been as well) zebra stripes instead of black and white:
    Was the bride planning on putting on her own garter toss show?
    *********************************************************************************

• edited August 2013
    Post removed due to GBCK
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

Ha no!  She totally loved them.  They were just so her style and someone as unfashionable as me could never hope to understand.  She then DDed the pic :(
    Hot. Mess.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Ha no!  She totally loved them.  They were just so her style and someone as unfashionable as me could never hope to understand.  She then DDed the pic :(
    Hooker...

• edited June 2013
  • edited August 2013
    Post removed due to GBCK
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• lplions said:

dillfin said:

OMG!!! That's Awful!
    3.Cash Bar,  I guess FI and I are trashy then...
    4 Flower girl was some 10 year old midget that the bride had met a month before - oh but she's cute! No shes not, why is she here?!?! Wow, hateful much?!
    6. BM gift was a cheap champagne flute with BM written on it -it fell over 1/2 thru the night and broke!!! Wow, you're a real peach.
    8. the food was awful and I hate buffets, Shame on them for not seeking your input.
    11, The MoH was a HUGE WHALE- with the personality to match!!!!!!! (Nothing against big girls, even if she was a skinny B I would still call her a whale she was just one of 'those'), Again, hateful.
    13, The BM's all had to have matching shoes-flats- most unconfortable shoes ever! (I changed into my 4.5 inch heels for the reception thats how bad they were!) Are you sure you don't have this flipped around? Do you have Barbie feet or something?

I'm sure your wedding will look like something out of a magazine.

...really? You're the first person I know of who says "it should never happen."

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards