Connecticut
Options

Rehearsal Dinner Suggestions Needed

So we are looking for places to have our rehearsal dinner and need some suggestions of good places to have it.  Our rehearsal is at St. Rita Church in Hamden.  It will most likely be 25-30 people.  We are trying to avoid downtown New Haven for the simple reason of parking (unless you know of a place that either validates or has free parking).  We are willing to go anywhere between Hamden and Meriden/Middletown (they are all staying at the Four Points in Meriden).  Any suggestions??

June Siggy Challenge: Fav. Engagement photo

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Suggestions Needed

• Options
    What about Park Central Tavern?  It's right next to St. Rita's in Hamden, and the food is really good.  They have a private room in the front for events.  I'd highly recommend!  My cousin did her rehearsal there and it worked really well.
  • Options
    To be honest the last time my fiance and I went with my family to Central Park we were not thrilled with the food or the service so we would prefer somewhere else but thank you for the suggestion.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Middletown has TONS of good restaurants.  Amicis is delicious, also Forbidden City or Puerto Vallerta.
  • Options
    I'm kind of a foodie so sorry if I overwhelm you with suggestions.... In Wallingford there's J.Christian's, Michael's Trattoria.  In Middletown there's Esca, Amici's (as someone else suggested), Luce (there's one in Hamden too) and First and Last (a more casual feel, but has good Italian).  I know you wanted to stay away from New Haven but Sage is on the water and has its own parking lot and they would have room for 25-30 people.  I threw a bridal shower for friends at DeMil's on Whitney.  The food was good, not great, but it would be close to where your rehearsal is and can accommodate a larger group. 
  • Options
    We are doing our rehearsal at Anthony's Ocean View in New Haven and doing our rehearsal dinner at Biagetti's Restaurant in West Haven. It's a great little Italian place near the water - they do rehearsal dinners there all the time - they decorate beautifully, the food is great, and its very affordable. Also on Long Warf in New Haven there's Brazi's Italian Retaurant - I've been to a few nice functions there too...That would probably be closer and has its own parking.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions. @lbrown14- I will definitely check out J.Christian's.  I love the look of the restaurant from their pictures alone!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Second vote to look into Sage American Grill in New Haven, they have a private room that could seat about 30-35 people comfortably, it overlooks the water, and the food is FABULOUS.  We had our little wedding there and I can't say enough about them.  They have a decent sized parking lot and are easy to find from the highway. It would be a very special place for a rehearsal dinner!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions!  We did try J. Christians but unfortunately Christian (the owner)never got back to me and we didn't have the best service experience when we tried the food (apparently their head chef was away).

We ended up going with Cask Republic in New Haven.  Perfect for my FI who loves Belgian beer and they have lots of good stuff on tap for him plus the food is pretty good! lol!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards