Luxury Weddings
Options

Shoes

I am having such a hard time picking out shoes. My dress is ivory and I'm wearing gold jewelry so I was looking for a gold shoe. I'm looking for a smaller heel and it seems to be tough. I found a pair of Kate Spades I think I like, but I don't know.

What kind of shoes are you girls wearing/did you wear?

Re: Shoes

• Options
    I went barefoot :-P Makes sense given my venue. I just went through a whole shoe debacle with my mom for my brother's wedding. She wanted silver in a low heel as well. We went to every store near my home and we looked on a ton of websites. She actually found the ones she bought in a local bridal salon. So, maybe check out where you bought your gown or some other local places?

• Options
    MstellahMstellah member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2013
    I chose a pair of Rene Caovillas. I wanted something with an ankle strap as I didn't want my foot slipping out of the shoe. They're pricey but extremely comfortable and, most importantly, beautiful! I tried to upload a pic but it doesn't seem to want to work :(
  • Options
    I got a pair of Jimmy Choos.
    It may even be a pair you'd like to consider, because they have a gold-tone and are sparkly with a 2" heel. They're a bit pricey, though, so it depends on your budget! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Badgley Mischka makes beautiful wedding shoes. They are less money than you'd think with the name. Check out shoes.com for a pretty good selection of them.
  • Options
    I was concerned with height and comfort (they needed to be tall AND comfortable) more than color, and ended up finding a pair of gorgeous, light blue Badgley Mischkas that have a concealed platform and are surprisingly comfy. I also second the Jimmy Choos mentioned above - they are beautiful and are in a shade that sounds like it would go well with your dress. 
  • Options

@amjam04 - Can you tell me what pair you're talking about. I've looked at some Jimmy Choos, but I haven't seen any that fit that description. My budget is pretty open at this point because I just want to find something I like. I hate that all the really cute shoes I find have like 4" heels.

I think I will also check out some Badgley Mischkas. That is one brand I haven't looked at yet.

• Options
    KDM323KDM323 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I chose a pair of Tieks ballet flats.    In "romantic blush".    I knew I wouldn't wear heels for the entire evening and I'm wearing a ballgown style dress so I decided to just order the Tieks and be done with it.  (I'm pretty tall though at 5'10.5" so I didn't need to wear heels)
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

@tammym1001 - I too am wearing an ivory dress with gold jewelry!!  And can't figure out shoes - normally I like a really high heel, but because my dress is a vintage 1920s dress, I think a lower heel is going to look better.  I've ordered from Nordstrom:

1.) Badgley Mischka "Goodie" in nile blue

2.) Badgley Mischka "Salsa" in vanilla

3.) Jimmy Choo "Bauble d'Orsay" in nude mix  (Like @AmJam04 said, they are a bit on the pricey side - I'm wondering if this is the same pair she has!)

4.) Badgley Mischka "Salsa" in platino

5.) Badgley Mischka "Ava II" in platino

6.) Kate Spade "Vanity" in camel/gold

Hopefully, they arrive today!!  I'll update my post if they do!

• Options
    I wore Martinez Valero's. They were pretty comfy considering I stood up in them for about 6 hours.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Check out the Ivanka Trump Nanci2. I have an ivory dress and the shoe is ivory with gold and crystal accents.  (http://www.amazon.com/Ivanka-Trump-Womens-Nanci2-Ivory/dp/B009BWMT98/ref=sr_1_22?ie=UTF8&qid=1371087316&sr=8-22&keywords=ivanka+trump+ivory+shoes)
  • Options

These are the Kate Spade's I was looking at, but I really like those Jimmy Choo's in your first link.

Looking at both of them though they are pretty similar.

• Options

I am wearing Daffodile Christian Louboutins covered in hand placed swarovski crystals

• Options

I am wearing Daffodile Christian Louboutins covered in hand placed swarovski crystals

Did you put the stones on them yourself or did you buy the already blinged out ones.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm wearing these:

http://m.shopbop.com/hillary-dorsay-flat-alice-olivia/vp/v=1/1566036833.htm

(WTF they're on sale now?!) I'm already 5'8", and I don't want to be the same height as FI, so I'm wearing flats. And I have really high arches, so heels are often (and quickly) unbearable. So I can wear the same shoes all night without worrying about my dress length changing, and I can stay comfortable. And they're effing adorable.
  • Options

Did you put the stones on them yourself or did you buy the already blinged out out

I bought them already blinged out, I should have read the description more carefully lol I certainly didn't place all the swarovski crystals on there..too much work~!

• Options
    Perhaps I am just a very casual person, but some of these heels look WAY too difficult to walk in! LOL Maybe you're just used to walking in heels, but to me, I wanted comfort and something easy to get around in for my wedding. I do not wear heels very often, though, as my work environment is casual and I'm super casual.

• Options
    Myself being 5'3" I am used to walking in 5" heels with no problems lol they aren't for everyone and I probably won't wear them the entire night but they are actually pretty comfortable!!!!
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

Dont make the same mistake I did: I wore 4 inch heel for the ceremony and cocktail hour. I switched to flipflops at the reception. Since my dress was hemmed for 4 inch heels, my dress dragged on the floor. And during H and I's first dance he stepped on my dress and put a hole in it.

My seamtress recommended that i get platform flip flops (like rockdogs) but I just couldnt stomach how ugly they are. But I wish I had, no one will see them. It would have saved my dress a big piece of tulle being ripped right in front on my dress.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I only want 2 or 3 inch heels, the normal height heel I wear on a regular work day.  I want light pink shoes, but it's going to be so hard to find them in a size 4..... I should start looking now.

Anniversary

• Options
    I'm only 5'3" as well, so I don't not wear them because of height. I would just look like a complete moron if I wore them to work everyday (I work at an an old military base in buildings built in the 40s and it's also part of an industrial complex at the local airport.) While everyone's shoes look amazing, I just can't imagine wearing something that high on a daily basis let alone for a wedding, where I'd be on my feet almost the entire day! Again, gorgeous shoes, everyone!

• Options
    I was considering a pair of Jimmy Choo wedges that I've had my eyes on forever ("Bello" is the name of the shoe). http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/jimmy-choo-bello-glitter-wedge/3222508

I wonder, though, if they'll be too casual? Are wedges a terrible idea? I don't mind pumps, but we're getting married in a garden with cobblestoned paths ... I can see myself tripping in stilettos! 
  • Options
    I was considering a pair of Jimmy Choo wedges that I've had my eyes on forever ("Bello" is the name of the shoe). http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/jimmy-choo-bello-glitter-wedge/3222508

I wonder, though, if they'll be too casual? Are wedges a terrible idea? I don't mind pumps, but we're getting married in a garden with cobblestoned paths ... I can see myself tripping in stilettos! 
    Those are super cute!  I don't think they're too casual at all.  Especially (assuming you have a long dress), the most people will see is the peep toe front and won't be able to tell they are wedges.  These seem like the perfect blend of fancy and comfortable.
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • Options
    Woo! My fears are allayed. Yes, my dress is long, so I was hoping to get the height of a heel without falling over myself during the ceremony!
  • Options

I think they're perfect AND you could wear them again for a fancy night out. I don't think they are too casual at all.
  • Options
    I'm likely wearing wedges-our top venue choice's ceremony site is all grass and it'll just be easier to walk. I think you're fine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I fell in love with these the minute I saw them. My dress is ivory and jewelry is silver, so I got these shoes in silver also. They seem pretty comfortable for now and are so pretty in person! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mine were custom made. I picked the exact heel height, style, fabric, color and embellishments that would complement my dress to perfection. The dress has an elaborate bodice with pearls and silk applique flowers that were replicated on the top of my shoes. 
  • Options
    I'm considering doing the same thing for the vow renewal. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards