Nevada-Las Vegas

Spray Tans & Wedding dress...Bad mistake?!

As I'm sooooo very pasty I will really need to get a spray tan in order to look half decent on my wedding day! But without stating the obvious my wedding dress is white! Has anyone had a spray tan done before they got married? How did it go? Did the tan come off all over your wedding dress? Was the dress ruined by the end of the day? 

I've had spray tans done before but a while back and I'm sure the tan had come off on my clothing? 

This question might seem really silly to most but I can't see another option? I really couldn't go without some sort of tan, I would be the same colour as my dress!

Any thoughts or suggestions on where to do for a good spray tan in LV would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! 

Dee 

Re: Spray Tans & Wedding dress...Bad mistake?!

• My wife spray tanned two days before and nothing came off on her dress.  I can ask her more specifics if you need me to, I don't know anything about spray tans other than I know she got one and I saw the dress after it had come off lol.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• mnuppmnupp member
    Name Dropper First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I've done spray tans a few times. If you schedule your appointment for a few days before, you'll have time to shower a few times before the actual wedding. By that point, nothing will rub off, don't worry.
  • spoon1984spoon1984 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    I'm staying at the Cosmopolitan so I've just booked into their salon for hair, makeup and a spray tan. I apply my own fake tan a few times a week and occasionally go to a salon for one. It doesn't come off on my clothes. I can let you know how I get on in a few weeks. I was trying to find a salon on the strip that used fake bake or st tropez as that's what I use but I didn't find one and really I'll just want to head back up to my room after it! It might be best to use the salon in your hotel, (have you picked a hotel?) or if you are using a HMUA they might come to your room the day before to do a spray tan, I'm sure I've seen someone mention that in a previous post.
  • mnuppmnupp member
    I'll probably go to this one based on the Yelp reviews:
  • I did a mystic tan and I got stuff on my clothes for DAYS. Be very careful and make sureyou leave at least 4 days between your tan and the wedding date.
  • Thanks everyone. Good idea re getting the spray tan done a few days before so it doesn't rub off. I'll have to get it done as soon as I arrive in LV as we are there a few days before the big day!

Thanks mnupp for the recommendation, they look pretty good.

Hi Spoon, I'm planning on staying at the Cosmo too, you will have to let me know how you get on there. Which room are you staying in? Let me know how the hair and make up goes at the Cosmo as I need to book that!

x

• spoon1984spoon1984 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2013

I will, we're in a Terrace Suite. I've got a spray tan, hair and make up booked. I'm still debating whether to get lashes applied, I've never used them before!

What room have you booked?

I've been wearing fake tan most days since I was 15 and I've never had any disasters! I apply every 3/4 days. I'm getting mine the night before the ceremony as I want to have a good colour, although I don't want it too orange/dark (im naturally very fair)I checked with the Cosmopolitan and they have various shades to choose from. If I did it 3+ days before I would worry it would all have washed off, particularly with all the extra showers you end up having on holiday (when you get up, then again after the pool/before dinner etc).

I wear spf 50 and a hat at all times in the sun so will not develop a real tan.

I had a professional spray tan done for an engagement party a few weeks ago and would say it was at its best the two days following the tan.

• edited June 2013

No matter what some people say as if you spray tan few days before it won't rub off, I'm too scared. I don't really mind being "white" but I don't want to look "green", haha. I want a healthy complexion. So, starting one month before the wedding I'll take a few appointment at the tanning salon and I'm getting to Vegas about a week before the wedding and I'll visit the pools (using a strapless bikini top, that is) with a real good sunscreen so I don't BURN.

The real sun and tanning salons aren't bad if you take your time to build your tan.

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No matter what some people say as if you spray tan few days before it won't rub off, I'm too scared. I don't really mind being "white" but I don't want to look "green", haha. I want a healthy complexion. So, starting one month before the wedding I'll take a few appointment at the tanning salon and I'm getting to Vegas about a week before the wedding and I'll visit the pools (using a strapless bikini top, that is) with a real good sunscreen so I don't BURN.

The real sun and tanning salons aren't bad if you take your time to build your tan.

I'm with you... though I don't think they are ever really good for you, for this occasion I will definitely fake-bake! Between the stress, sweat and white dress I'm too nervous! Also spray tans tend to always fade strangely on me, streaky/patchy... and my feet are always orange, no matter what I do!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mnuppmnupp member

Not really accurate. Spray tans have no known incidence of skin cancer. Can't say the same about sun and/or tanning salons.
  • mnupp said:

Not really accurate. Spray tans have no known incidence of skin cancer. Can't say the same about sun and/or tanning salons.

Well, we know more about the sun damages then tanning lotions because tanning lotions haven't been on the market for decades. Maybe in the future we will realize that the chemicals used in spray tan or lotions are dangerous?
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The real sun and tanning salons aren't bad if you take your time to build your tan.

My wife's an MD, she doesn't agree with this.  She also used to salon tan regularly during her undergrad years.  Even if you aren't at risk for melanoma, you put on sun screen, so on and so forth, long term you still have a much higher risk of developing it by tanning regularly, and there's of course the fact that tanning visibly ages you faster.

It's certainly possible the chemicals in spray tanning could cause adverse long term effects but so can any artificial colorings you come in contact with in just about anything from makeup to food and there's a lot less indication that those have long term risks compared to UV light.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards