Snarky Brides

Do Not Feed the Trolls

I'm having a really hard time holding back, so I've come here to distract myself and let this out:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkk.

Has there always been a problem like this? I'm relatively new so I wasn't sure if this was a recent development.

Re: Do Not Feed the Trolls

• LMc0322 said:

I'm having a really hard time holding back, so I've come here to distract myself and let this out:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkk.

Has there always been a problem like this? I'm relatively new so I wasn't sure if this was a recent development.

I'm gonna need some background for this lol
  • I'm not allowed to link, right? Am I allowed to hint? You are a part of what I am talking about.  Well, you commented on it. How much am I allowed to say without getting yelled at?
  • I tried to feed the troll, but you can only feed them so much if they fail to comprehend. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I should know better than to engage, but sometimes I can't help myself. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I thought it was pretty obvious that that person has been trolling on the Etiquette board on different posts over the last few weeks.  Maybe I'm overreacting.  I handed in my pink slip before I was ready on that thread and still have more to say, but I came over to bother you guys instead.  Sorry.

I'm also sorry that your Dad and SM hate you, Addie.  I bet you didn't know that until today.

• Poor Addie. Life is so hard!
  • I had no idea, LM. He hid it well by paying for my wedding. I was duped!

OK, I'm done responding in that thread. I'm getting all worked up over someone insignificant, and I don't need that before my job interview today!  Woot!

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • LMc0322 said:

I thought it was pretty obvious that that person has been trolling on the Etiquette board on different posts over the last few weeks.  Maybe I'm overreacting.  I handed in my pink slip before I was ready on that thread and still have more to say, but I came over to bother you guys instead.  Sorry.

I'm also sorry that your Dad and SM hate you, Addie.  I bet you didn't know that until today.

I recognize the SN.  She's posted all over the knot for over a year.  Her not being too smart and having almost no social skills does not automatically make her a troll.  Are you new to the internet?

Relatively new.  Well, not the internet, but message boards generally.  Perhaps the designation of 'troll' was unfounded, so I apologized for the title.  I was still very irritated so I came over here to vent instead of engaging it because I like you guys.

• AddieL73 said:
    I had no idea, LM. He hid it well by paying for my wedding. I was duped!

OK, I'm done responding in that thread. I'm getting all worked up over someone insignificant, and I don't need that before my job interview today!  Woot!

Eek! Good luck, @AddieL73 !!
  • LMc0322 said:
    LMc0322 said:

I thought it was pretty obvious that that person has been trolling on the Etiquette board on different posts over the last few weeks.  Maybe I'm overreacting.  I handed in my pink slip before I was ready on that thread and still have more to say, but I came over to bother you guys instead.  Sorry.

I recognize the SN.  She's posted all over the knot for over a year.  Her not being too smart and having almost no social skills does not automatically make her a troll.  Are you new to the internet?

Relatively new.  Well, not the internet, but message boards generally.  Perhaps the designation of 'troll' was unfounded, so I apologized for the title.  I was still very irritated so I came over here to vent instead of engaging it because I like you guys.

That's all well and good.  Vent away.  Just don't accuse someone of a bannable offense just because you don't like what they're saying.  She's been around here longer than you have.  Regular people can piss us off too- that's not left solely to trolls.

Oh, I guess I didn't realize it was bannable, necessary, just annoying.  I guess I need to brush up on my internet definitions. I will nto DD or edit, but I hereby change the topic from Troll to "Very Annoying Person who enjoys provoking people."  I didn't mean to imply that anyone should be banned for just irritating me.  Thanks for setting me straight!
  • Thank you!   It's just for summer tutoring, but I'll be happy if I get it!
  • The person in question isn't a troll, because they have contributed a fair amount of relevant posts, with some halfway decent advice.  This person has been on my radar since I received a lot of irritating responses to a post I started a long time ago.  At the time, I was really offended.  But now I'm able to see that it's not me, since there is a history of accusatory and really "out there" posts.  A lot of people just want to pick fights.

I wanted to throw that out there, but are we even allowed to be talking about this?  We've said nothing horribly specific, but it's pretty obvious what the issue here is.  Just want to make sure there's no TOS violations.  The rules can be a bit shady.

• Honestly, I kind of thought she was a troll also @LMc0322. Between this, the $30K for a house vs. $10K for the wedding, the strolling dinner, and various others.... I guess thinking she was a troll was actually giving her the benefit of the doubt. Maybe she really is THAT dumb... I wonder if she is DiDi from http://www.newportmanners.com/weddinggeneral.asp?
    *********************************************************************************

• Yeah that's why my first post was so vague.  I didn't want to be goign against the TOS, but then I think I may have done it.

Also, now it's just gotten to the point of insults. 

• Good luck at your job interview, Addie!
  • On a slightly unrelated note, that thread keeps saying it has new posts, but when I click on them, I can't see any-- not even my own.  Anyone else having this trouble?

• LMc0322 said:

On a slightly unrelated note, that thread keeps saying it has new posts, but when I click on them, I can't see any-- not even my own.  Anyone else having this trouble?

Yes!  It's doing this to me too!
  • Me too.  I posted on the thread and now it's gone, but my profile shows I posted there.

• NerdyLucyNerdyLucy member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
      She doesn't post unless it's to stir shit.

I'm in agreement with this.

I've lurked longer than I've been a member, and whether or not she's a troll, I have always felt that she was trolling---as a verb.  Of course, my definition of trolling may be different than everyone else's.

Officially hitched as of 10/25/13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Yeah, I'm beginning to think I don't actually know what a troll is.
  • This makes sense to me. I could never tell if she was genuine. After the shenanigans this morning, I thought that couldn't be possible.  But apparently there were normal posts in the past that I missed.
  • edited August 2013
    Post removed due to GBCK
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• At first I thought Stage's post read "No, now you're just being a bitch."  And I got really sad because I thought we were fighting. I am relieved that this wasn't the case.

• edited August 2013
    Post removed due to GBCK
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• LAM524LAM524 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    This may seem like a stupid questions but I really dont know the answers. When someone is banned, how long is it for? Couldnt they just start a new account?

tinkerbell gif photo: Tinkerbell stuck in keyhole animated gif Peterpan2_coince9e.gif
  • Harry87 said:
    I have to say I never thought she was a troll. I'm a longtime member of a community very similar to 4chan. I know my trolls. I think she was genuinely that terrible.

I hope I didn't just violate TOS saying someone from some time is a terrible person. Because lordy, she got my goat something fierce.
    I'm with you Harry - I have always thought she was real and just that terrible.  But then again, I AM a stepmother so I am probably biased here.
  • There is someone who is somewhat new here who I am suspicious of. I think she is a resurrection of a banned member (although they overlap by about 2 weeks).

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards