August 2013 Weddings

Candy Buffet

Hey girls, I'm getting married on August 3, 39 days away!!! :) We are doing a candy buffet and have about 275 guests attending. I am wondering how much candy of each kind should we buy? I am thinking only about 4-5 different kinds of candies. They will be in apothecary jars. I just don't want to spend a fortune on candy, any good websites or stores to buy candy? Thanks!

Re: Candy Buffet

• Are you planning on just regular candy, or candy to fit a color scheme/theme?

For regular candy, my dad (who runs his job's coffee shop) goes to BJ's or Sam's Club and is happy with the prices. I would get nervous about ordering online, especially for chocolate, in the summer heat!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• We're doing a candy buffet too!  We did a lot of research and there are buying guides on CandyWarehouse.com that tell you how much you will probably need.  If you are using regular candy I also recommend Costco/BJ's/Sams.  If you are going with a color scheme, we found that ohnuts.com is usually cheaper for chocolate type candy and jordan almonds, and CandyWarehouse.com is good for other candy  (gummies, taffy, etc).
  • I think we are doing just one color of chocolate candies, my theme is orange and fuschia, so maybe just an orange color candy and the rest will be random normal candies. We thought about a Costco or Sam's Club, but don't have a membership. We thought maybe Goldfish for the kids or something too. 
  • I know you can get guest passes occasionally to shop at the big-box stores - I just found one online for Sam's (http://help.samsclub.com/ci/fattach/get/10428/0/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzcyMTg3NzMyL3NpZC8tZjVtSkV0bA==/filename/One+Day+Pass+7.31.13.pdf)

I love the idea of little mini-boxes of goldfish crackers!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards