August 2013 Weddings

Bouquets for the Bridesmaids

I am definetly a bride on a budget! Do yall think the bridesmaids will look weird without a bouquet. My concern with that is....what will they do with their hands?? Help??

Re: Bouquets for the Bridesmaids

• Jessica41381Jessica41381 member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    I'm not having them either. I think it will look fine because if you think about it the guys don't have anything in their hands so to me it balances out. Plus all they do with them after the wedding is throw them away. Waste of money for someone on a budget like myself.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We're having them, but they're small and will double a decorations for the sweetheart table. I've seen plenty of wedding without them, though, so it won't look strange!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• We are doing bouquets but theywill be small and using alot of baby's breath and filler rather than expensive flowers.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We are having them but like you I am on a budget, so the BM have small bouquets with a cheaper flower. 

If you want them carrying something there are SO MANY options. Many of them you can find cheap or DIY. 

Clutch
    Pin Wheels
    Lanterns
    Umbrellas
    A Single large flower
    Fans
    Lolliepop
    Balloons - it sounds weird but the picture actually looks kinda cool 

If you are on Pinterest just search "Instead of Bouquet" A TON of ideas pop up :) 

• When my florist quoted me at ~$60-$70/bridesmaids bouquet, I quickly looked for an alternative. I was planning on making their bouquets out of paper flowers (using my Grandfather's old books), but as our date quickly approaches, I started to find myself a bit stressed last week that I haven't even started the bouquets yet... and so at my Maid of Honor's recommendation, I went to our local grocery store and talked to the florist there. It's all going to work out b/c they are going to put together 7 bouquets (white roses and greenery with ribbon) for ~$110.00 TOTAL. Well worth it if you ask me simply because it takes one more thing off the DIY plate. In short, check out your local grocery store florist and see what they might be able to do for you if you'd like real flowers. 
  • Wow that's an awesome deal @RCantrell123.  Definitely a good way to go.  I also really like the "one large flower" look!
  • When my florist quoted me at ~$60-$70/bridesmaids bouquet, I quickly looked for an alternative. I was planning on making their bouquets out of paper flowers (using my Grandfather's old books), but as our date quickly approaches, I started to find myself a bit stressed last week that I haven't even started the bouquets yet... and so at my Maid of Honor's recommendation, I went to our local grocery store and talked to the florist there. It's all going to work out b/c they are going to put together 7 bouquets (white roses and greenery with ribbon) for ~$110.00 TOTAL. Well worth it if you ask me simply because it takes one more thing off the DIY plate. In short, check out your local grocery store florist and see what they might be able to do for you if you'd like real flowers. 

Wow, thats a great deal!.... I thought that I got a good deal on silk flowers! On Etsy, I ordered 4 bouquets (mine included), a toss bouquet, 4 butouineers (sp?), 4 smaller butouineers for our boys, 2 mothers corsages, 3 father's butouineers to put on my father, his father, and his step father's graves, and 20 matching centerpieces for almost $500.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow! I would say that is quite a deal! I ordered my bouquet, toss bouquet, 9 butouineers, 4 mother/grandmother corsages for ~$400.00. To get all that AND matching centerpieces... you did GREAT! :) I love the idea of placing a butounieer on a grave site. I'm struggling with the fact that my Grandfather won't be there, so that is an excellent idea I might just have to piggyback on. :) 
  • I've seen some bridesmaids do fake flowers and the bride have real. My flowers are about 750.00 total for mine, bridesmaids, groomsmen, mothers, grandparents...we went overboard, but I love real flowers. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards