Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Wedding Ceremony Indie/Alternative Music Help!!!

I don't even know where to begin or how many songs I need for that matter. So far I figure I will have a:

Music for the family (grandparents, sisters, and parents) I'm thinking "song for Siena"

Music for the groom and groomsmen- he wants a piano cover of van halen's not enough

Music for my bridesmaids-piano cover of such great heights by iron and wind

My music-cat power. Sea of love (not piano)

And the recessional-here we are suck...I like this yrs love by David gray but he hates it. I was also thinking ray lamontagnes you are the best thing or Stevie wonder's signed sealed and delivered...with the rest of the music being so mellow. I'm worried an upbeat song won't flow right.

My prelude music is completely chill too: piano version of stairway to heaven, Harry in winter from HP, hide and seek by imogen heap, the luckiest by Ben folds, and no ones gonna love you more than I do---all in a piano format.

Should I need more or less? I don't plan on doing a unity candle or anything.

Also the music I want is not your typical wedding music and I'm still second guessing the recessional. Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Wedding Ceremony Indie/Alternative Music Help!!!

• We aren't doing typical music either, if that's what you guys like go for it! The recessional I feel should be upbeat, that's the celebratory moment. 
  • Your recessional doesn't have to "match" the rest of your music. Upbeat is fun!  We used Star Wars: Throne Room for ours, and that certainly didn't go with the rest of it! 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! I'm thinking of leaning towards Ray Lamontagne for the recessional. It's not as upbeat as Signed Sealed Delivered but still fun!

Thanks!
  • And the recessional-here we are suck...I like this yrs love by David gray but he hates it. I was also thinking ray lamontagnes you are the best thing or Stevie wonder's signed sealed and delivered...with the rest of the music being so mellow. I'm worried an upbeat song won't flow right.

We are using very chill indie music for most of our ceremony too, but were using an upbeat song called Sail Into The Sun by Gentleman Hall. It's a very new song and I had never heard it before, but when FI played it for me I knew it was perfect! I'd highly suggest checking it out.
    "I finally realized that I didn't want to live in world that you weren't a part of. And that was hard to admit to myself, and not just because it ends in a preposition." Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love your choice in music! We are also doing alternative/indie music. My mom was hell-bent on me walking down the aisle to the traditional wedding march- until I had her listen to the song I chose ("Anniversary" by Voltaire)- she actually cried when she first listened to it! :)

You can check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k48LIVXhQB4

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ooh thanks for the suggestions. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards