Oregon
Options

Rehearsal Dinner on a Budget ideas needed

I am having a hard time finding a place to hold our Rehearsal dinner... I am the bride, but my groom (and his mother) who will be paying for it are from out of town, so it's up to me to find our venue.  We have a strict budget of $500 total, and need suggestions BADLY.  My fiance is lactose intolerant which makes it difficult as well.  Having a BBQ at my house is out of the question...

we are looking for:

A resturant in the HILLSBORO, or BEAVERTON area.
Around $10/per person
Hopefully no rental fee for a party of 25-30 people.

Re: Rehearsal Dinner on a Budget ideas needed

• Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My first thought was pizza.  My ILs hosted our RD and were on a very strict budget as well.  MIL got pizzas from Sbarro and brought those, a huge green salad, and some other stuff I can't think of right now to the church.  Our RD was in the church fellowship hall after the rehearsal.  It was really nice and casual, which was great before a busy day.

If you want to go the pizza route, try Pizza Caboose (is it still there?), which has things your Fi should be able to eat in addition to pizza.  I know The Old Spaghetti Factory does parties, though I'm not sure of price.  I think it's usually right around $10 per person though.  Also, check with local Mexican restaurants.  They often have spaces for parties and will do things inexpensively.
  • Options
    entheend37entheend37 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for your suggestions! I will look into mexican places, and see what I can find and pizza as well.  We were also thinking Nona Emilias as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    no idea how much it cost, but my sis had her RD at Pasta Pronto in Hillsboro.  It was so delish!!  It's a small place but very cozy and so yummy!!  Just another idea!

http://www.pastapronto.com/
    My goal for 2013...Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    entheend37entheend37 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are actually going to go with Nona Emillia's in Aloha. We got a good deal, and they have a pretty good private area set up. Thanks for the ideas :)
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good choice!  I love Nonna Emilia.  We had one on the east side but it closed several years ago :-(
  • Options
    edited December 2011

One of my friends had her rehersal dinner at Nonna Emilia's a few years ago - good choice!!  It was very good food and good service too.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards