June 2014 Weddings

Save The Dates / Stationery

I feel like this should be easy, but we're being very indecisive about our save the dates. I feel like we have to commit to a font, style, etc. for all the stationery from here on out (save the dates - invitations - menus - place settings - thank you cards - etc etc the list goes on!!) and there are so many styles that I like so it's really hard to pic. Also: FI likes clean, sharp, modern, plain. I like intricate, detailed, rustic, vintage. We think we want save the date magnets, but we're not sure whether to include a photo of the two of us. 

So, how are you deciding what fonts/styles to use for all your stationery?

Re: Save The Dates / Stationery

• That is cool! It sounds like you have it under control! I guess I really like stationery so I want to get it right. I like your nice simple invites though!
  • We got 50 StD's at Michael's for 19.99. They were cheap, you print them yourself and they were clean, and simple: All white, 5x7 with a silver band at the top and bottom and Save the Date in the top banner. 

We also picked up invites the same day b/c they were having a sale. These were FI's pick since I want him to be included in the process. He picked black and white damask, also DIY print and we got a total of 60 for $60

Our thank you cards I got from Target, they are Mara Mi brand. 50 for 9.99 (had a $1 coupon). 

Then I'm going to get seating cards and programs to match the damask invitations.

In the end, all of the stationery with be silver and damask. 

• That is really good! You have a theme and you're doing it on a budget!

I feel like I might be overthinking this whole stationery thing...
  • We browsed through Vistaprint and the giant paper shop in our town. The local shop has a ton of sample wedding invitations, so we each went through and picked out designs we liked. Then we eliminated some based on practicality (how much unnecessary paper there was, etc.). We eventually came down to two similar designs to talk to the store about. When we pick on, they will help us pick out paper, mock up an invite, and show us how to do everything ourselves (including printing) for free. They even let us use all their die cutters and other tools. That will be a big help in making all those decisions!

For STDs (and possibly thank you cards), we will be going through Vistaprint. They have postcard for really cheap, occasionally 100 for free. We plan to have pictures on them and we'll just use whatever font is available.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have a very talented friend that has agreed to do calligraphy/typography for our STD's and Invites. I can't wait to see what he comes up with. Our STDs will be his work, but on a post card with an Engagement picture more than likely. Since we have a destination wedding, it will have the travel agent info, etc on them as well. Once we know more from the travel agent, we'll actually get them put together and sent out. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We were thinking of using VistaPrint as well, since they have so many different designs to choose from and you can get a really great price for them. Does anyone know if VistaPrint sends you the envelopes for the STD's and invites?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • r&c14r&c14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    We are using Vista Print.. plus the groupon deals are fantastic!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• r&c14r&c14 member
    @SereneTiger everything comes with envelopes, but the are low quality but you can order matching higher quality ones and with a Groupon deal it makes it possible.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @r&c14 Thanks! I was thinking they would include envelopes but didn't want to assume anything
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • r&c14r&c14 member
    @SereneTiger You're welcome! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards