New York-New York City

TROUBLE FINDING VENUE...BROOKLYN IDEAS?

I have had ZERO luck finding a venue on Long Island that's within my vision (open, high ceilings, windows, light) and within my FH's vision as far as menu (the more, the better). I'm ready to move on to the city...specifically Brooklyn.  Does anyone have any suggestions, without going waaaaaay over budget?  Please let me know!  

Re: TROUBLE FINDING VENUE...BROOKLYN IDEAS?

• Hi Stephanie, it really depends on what your budget is. I was losing my mind over finding a venue. i searched LI, queens, brooklyn you name it

suggestions: Elite Palace in Queens, The Vanderbilt (Staten Island) its on the beach nad beautiful and good food-my sister got married there. El Caribe (Brooklyn) this venue is my venue and top notch! Pricey but worth it. and they will work with you.

• I just looked at El Caribe's website, i'm going to book an appointment this week!  I'm looking to spend no more then 200pp, thanks so much for the suggestions!  
  • you really wont be disappointed with EL Caribe, TRUST ME. they are very professional and know what they are talking about. I  have never felt more secure than with my decision :)

The food is delicious!! and the rooms are gorgeous! Good luck to you
  • Did you try the liberty warehouse in Brooklyn? I'm not sure what their prices are like but it fits your description. Our friends were married there and it was gorgeous!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Stephanie,

How many guests are you expecting?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_trouble-finding-venuebrooklyn-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:8dd36d64-852f-4de2-ae12-cac27ac691b0Post:4220f28c-952d-41c1-9442-39e707769d6d">Re: TROUBLE FINDING VENUE...BROOKLYN IDEAS?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you try the liberty warehouse in Brooklyn? I'm not sure what their prices are like but it fits your description. Our friends were married there and it was gorgeous!
    Posted by Aliadee1984[/QUOTE]

I checked out Liberty Warehouse last night and while the views are fantastic and the space is wonderful their price point is VERY HIGH. Plus, as it is a raw space, you will need to spend extra on decorating such as lighting and flowers. Jeff the catering Director is very honest about what he can and cannot do. Worth a look if you have a little more to spend then just the cost of venue.
  • Never fear, Roulette is here. They're flexible, beautiful and have an amazing staff that will take great care of all wedding needs. Check it out! http://roulette.org/about/space-rental/
  • Can someone please let me know how much El Caribe charges per person? Also, how is their menu? Unlimited alcohol? Thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Caribe is excellent, but noisy as they do up to 3 weddings -- also about $125 and up. Try Buckley's great place and excellent food.

• I've gone to two weddings at El Caribe and if other parties were going on at the same time, they did a great job keeping everything separate. Food is great there!
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm getting married at the Riviera in Coney Island Brooklyn. They do one wedding at a time and they are a little bit under $200 p/p. they just renovated the whole place and it looks beautiful!
  • We also chose Riviera for our wedding and very excited about it! I haven't been there since my friend got married there 5 years ago. It's definitely gorgeous with the renovations but it was amazing 5 years ago as well. Can't wait to be on the other side of it now and experience the venue as a bride. Would love to hear your update as I see your wedding is very soon :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My friend also got married there back in 2010. They did an AMAZING job! You should def. go and visit! I went 3 times already LOL!
  • I just wanted to throw in one more recommendation for El Caribe. I had my wedding there 6 years ago and people still tell me all the time that it was the best wedding. They really took great care of us. It was more than we had planned on spending but it worth every dime.
    Helene (Nova726)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • haha yes! i've been 3 times already also and fall in love with it more and more each time i go...it's so gorgeous! we're getting married there in march so holding fingers crossed for nice weather and an outdoor ceremony, their garden is amazing =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Did you look at Sans Souci/Sea Cliff Manor?

http://www.sanssoucicaterers.com/
  • Giando on the Water- right on the east river with a view of the syline.. less than $200 pp
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My Moon in Williamsburg if you want a not-typical-catering-hall space; it's $185 pp.
  • Buckley's is quite nice and the food is excellent.  They have a beautiful ballroom.  http://www.buckleyscaterers.com/index2.html

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards